List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker came in under the old NSW scholarship, so was bound to the club prior to hitting draft age (18). Wasnt able to find anything definitive on whether or not that allowed them to train with the club in the years before the draft, but my recollection was that they did.

Not much detail, but is mentioned here: https://www.theroar.com.au/2008/12/...cholarship-holders-and-their-path-to-the-afl/
Same as any other scholarship program...

... and Hird was just a plain old draftee.

Whose father Allan Hird played a handful of games for the Bombers in the then VFL, so there was a club link.
Yes, there was a club link - but he wasn't on any scholarship program. He was living the life of a normal 17yo draft prospect until he was drafted. Taken at #79, he was a speculative draft pick at best - albeit one who turned into one of the best players of the 1990s.

Pedlar, Berry and Cook re-sign until end of 2024!!!

Uh oh...... is this the softening before the blow of not getting Dawson? haha
No, this is showing Dawson that others are committing themselves for the long haul.

Still nervous that we haven't heard yet other than almost baseless media speculation. Surely our $ must be bigger than Port's, might just be whether Dawson will enjoy a season or two in the cellar whilst we rebuild

No, this is showing Dawson that others are committing themselves for the long haul.

Still nervous that we haven't heard yet other than almost baseless media speculation. Surely our $ must be bigger than Port's, might just be whether Dawson will enjoy a season or two in the cellar whilst we rebuild

Not necessarily, we're more likely to stay in sane territory than go insane as compared to port.

Crows hold picks 4, 23, 37, 59 and 63.

TO BE DELISTED
Tyson Stengle
Jake Kelly (compo pick 38)
Tom Lynch
Daniel Talia
Ronin O'Connor

Ben Davis (R)
David Mackay (R)

TO BE TRADED IN
Jordan Dawson

I reckon we might look to trade our 2nd next year for Dawson, and see if 37 and 38 gets us a pick in the 20s.

I could see us looking to do three picks - maybe more trades or free agents to come?

TO BE DELISTED
Tyson Stengle
Tom Lynch
Daniel Talia
Ronin O'Connor

Ben Davis (R)
David Mackay (R)

TO BE TRADED IN
Jordan Dawson

I reckon we might look to trade our 2nd next year for Dawson, and see if 37 and 38 gets us a pick in the 20s.

I could see us looking to do three picks - maybe more trades or free agents to come?
Retaining Patty Parnell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TO BE DELISTED
Tyson Stengle
Tom Lynch
Daniel Talia
Ronin O'Connor

Ben Davis (R)
David Mackay (R)

TO BE TRADED IN
Jordan Dawson

I'd keep the trade to this year. If we are any chance with Lukosius will need every pick we have next year. As I said in another thread next years second could be higher than 23 this year.

I'd keep the trade to this year. If we are any chance with Lukosius will need every pick we have next year. As I said in another thread next years second could be higher than 23 this year.
Do we really want Luko now Dawson is almost over the line, very similar players currently.

Last edited:
Tim Watson debuted in 1977. I'm pretty sure players had day jobs back then, just trained at night, played on Saturdays, and only played in Melbourne aside from the occasional bus trip to Geelong.

No way a 15 yo could be expected to take on today's pro footy commitment full time.

15 year olds leave school into full time employment all the time. I doubt AFL player contact hours come close to a full time job. What would rule out nearly all of the talented enough 15 year olds from being selected in a modern AFL side is physical size and lack of aerobic power. There’d be some isolated exceptions come along every now and then, but the physical weaknesses are what would make them worthless as a player.

Do we really want Luko now Dawson is almost over the line, very similar players currently.
If we play Luko in the Lynch role, we'd be taking massive strides forward.
If we play Luko in any other role, it's a waste of money and a hinderence to us.

There was a story on the Crows app about him, one of those “My best moment of 2021” - you’d think unlikely they’d do that if he was going to be delisted

But that’s all I’ve got😛
My guess - delisted and re-rookied. Reckon him and Butts will basically swap spots on the senior and rookie lists

Back