Traded Peter Ladhams and #16 traded to Sydney for #12 and F3

Remove this Banner Ad

The second year was a trigger clause wasnt it?he wont have played enough games to hit it. Regardless they will want to retire him and get a younger ready to go ruck if they can.
Second year was a trigger we can easily keep him and put him on the rookie list

Last edited:
The second year was a trigger clause wasnt it?he wont have played enough games to hit it. Regardless they will want to retire him and get a younger ready to go ruck if they can.
I read they are wanting to give Martin a one year deal regardless of making trigger or not.

Draper, Darcy, English, Flynn, Dekoning, Jackson, Marshall and Ladhams.

these are probably the best rucks under 24 who have played at afl level. Maybe can add some more to the list but they’re the ones that have showcased the most to this point in the league.

Q: What would it take to get one of these players?
A: it’s irrelevant. You couldn’t get most of these players if you tried. You wouldn’t be able to shake them free. Clubs tried with Darcy.

There’s a shortage of rucks in the afl now. The state leagues got picked apart already. Teams couldn’t even pry Strahan, a backup ruck, out of Adelaide. He’s too valuable for them to let go.

What would clubs be willing to offer? I have zero idea to be honest. Maybe not as much as we would want to let him go.. It’s hard to guess. Will Ladhams even want to move clubs? Don’t know.
But just to replace Ladhams with a backup ruck 1/4th as good could easily cost port a mid draft pick, if we can find one.

I think some clubs will be pretty keen on Ladhams. I would rather port keep him. It’s unlikely we could replace him, and I would want massive overs to consider it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t make much sense to me for the Saints who seem to be at their best when Ryder is in the centre ramming the ball down their mids throats. Ladhams so far has not been that type of ruckman at all.

Yeah nah I agree, if the club wants him it’s for reasons I don’t understand. At the same time, I wasn’t …. Sorry just got hit by Earthquake 😂😂 … I wasn’t sure when we took Ryder from Port so who knows what happens. Other clubs may have more of a use for ladhams tho.

Paddy Ryder is 33.
Marshall is a damn good forward and 2nd ruck, I think Ladhams is perfect for the saints.
He’s as good in the ruck as anyone under 24 in the league not named Sean Darcy really. The actual ruckwork of the rest of the guys is pretty well around the same standard. But Ladhams has the ability to rack up 20+ d like a mid and has freakish ground ball ability.
He’s a very smart target for the saints.

Sorry, I think I was relying on wikipedia for his number of games. Still, he's been on the list since 2017, so it's 5 seasons.
Unless you're Grundy, English or Darcy, you dont play many in your first few years.

English had to as dogs rucks were old. Darcy was a man child and Grundy was solid.

Ladhams was a bean pole IIRC.

Rucks take a few years to put on solid mass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back