List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand you guys are stirring. But Yeo is an absolute gun, we would have to give up something substantial if we are being honest with ourselves. Had his injury concerns but his 2017-2019 years were elite (2 AA's and 2 BnF's). Fingers crossed this is an Adam Treloar like salary dump situation where Collingwood decided to hand a gun player over to a major contender for a jatz cracker because their salary cap was so poorly managed. Looking back on that now, the doggies were really kissed on the dick with that trade.

Would prefer delisted Crow Lynch to Yeo to help our god awful forward line score a goal or two.
Smart player, costs nothing and can get 40 games out of him before the last embers of premiership hope disappear.
Great for our SANFL juniors even if it doesnt work out.
Gets my vote for worst post of the year.

Hasn’t ran out a full season in 2 years, groin issues, contracted but club might move him?

West coast either
A) cap issues
B) had a massive fall out with yeo (over what? Why? When?) This seems unlikely
C) The club thinks there’s a strong chance his body is shot

Based on evidence we have to think it’s likely a bit of both A) and C) at least to some degree.

Reckon they’ve got some doubt about his ability to get back to his best, and he is probably on a massive backended contract that the Eagles probably don’t think he is worth.
I have no idea what the Eagles would be expecting for him, but I would hope port is only kicking the tyres on a salary dump style trade cause why take on all that risk at a high cost?

Yeo was negotiating a new deal and was told the club was pushing its cap and couldn’t afford to pay him more than 750k a year. Then he signed a long term deal.

Then they fork out 1.3mil a season for McGovern literally the next year, and he is furious. He goes to the club and threatens to leave, but they talk him out of it.

Then they fork out 1mil for Kelly, 900k for Gaff and 800k for Sheed. And then you add in the Covid pay cuts. Plus the extra 5% pay cut that Eagles asked the players to take

I understand you guys are stirring. But Yeo is an absolute gun, we would have to give up something substantial if we are being honest with ourselves. Had his injury concerns but his 2017-2019 years were elite (2 AA's and 2 BnF's). Fingers crossed this is an Adam Treloar like salary dump situation where Collingwood decided to hand a gun player over to a major contender for a jatz cracker because their salary cap was so poorly managed. Looking back on that now, the doggies were really kissed on the dick with that trade.
It seems like whether it’s Yeo or not that there are a few clubs in a bit of a salary cap squeeze.

Last edited:
There’s no way Ladhams and #16 could shake #2 from GWS is there?
Now that would be something.

no but a party pack of ladhams and houston together might smoke #2 and #13 out

12 year old sherry cask macallan is oaky not smoky

Yeo was negotiating a new deal and was told the club was pushing its cap and couldn’t afford to pay him more than 750k a year. Then he signed a long term deal.

Then they fork out 1.3mil a season for McGovern literally the next year, and he is furious. He goes to the club and threatens to leave, but they talk him out of it.

Then they fork out 1mil for Kelly, 900k for Gaff and 800k for Sheed. And then you add in the Covid pay cuts. Plus the extra 5% pay cut that Eagles asked the players to take
Nice fan fiction mate

I’ve seen him live 4 times and on Tv multiple times, I’ve never been overly impressed by him. He does get good stats but idk. When Lycett got suspended Hinkley didn’t trust him at all even for 1 week. Says a lot I think
Hinkley's an idiot.

I’ve seen him live 4 times and on Tv multiple times, I’ve never been overly impressed by him. He does get good stats but idk. When Lycett got suspended Hinkley didn’t trust him at all even for 1 week. Says a lot I think
Given Hinkley is about to set a vfl/afl record for failure due to his poor judgement, if anything Id say this says he is and was absolutely up to it.

To all Port fans thinking Yeo is available for cheap; that will absolutely not be true. He is also over his groin issues for those of you wondering.

Arguably the best 2 way midfielder in the competition, a clearance monster, versatile, athletic, quick and a big game performer - really wonder how many of you watch West Coast games lol
Well get him on his last 2 years performance, you cant go by anything else or we would have Michael Voss starting in the square, thanks for the concern

They were talking about burning Yeo off to have a go at Cripps earlier on in the year?
Denied at the time but obviously on the mark?

He’s got OP issues did both hamstrings in a game a couple of years ago he’s on 800k?

Next year’s 2nd is the best draft pick on offer.
There’s Clurey and SPP as players who wouldn’t hurt the Eagles cap?

The Port-West Coast relationship is strange at the moment. Wouldn't shock me if we got Yeo cheap.

As in a little...

"You don't fight us when we come for Schoey even though its not a senior role and we will grease the wheels a little to get Yeo off our books"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I mean Yeo is probably worth a 4th rounder but we will probably get him by trading Billy Frampton

Yeo will be for your first rounder otherwise we'll hold him to his contract. Has two years to go iirc.

Well you better start trading other players if the whole source of Yeo being available is due to WC salary cap issues and Yeo being on a big deal.

Shuey, Gaff, McGovern then? Someone has to go if the pressure is enormously on your payroll and you won’t let Yeo go.

Who cares really? Anything over about 450k pa would be too much for Port for what he would offer, but crows could afford up to 700k easy, especially front ended. The issue for the crows isn’t staying under the cap, it’s paying the 95% minimum.
Only thing we are sure about is that the Crows offered more money and he idolised the club president. If we managed to push up his price, job done. As an aside, we know what seems to happen when players choose money over success.

Was Yeo another one of the set of players that left Brisbane because they were "homesick" like Polec was? Be interesting if another one of them then made a second move.

I don't watch enough WC to know much about Yeo but I know he was in my supercoach team a few years back and he was known as the yeo-yeo because his scores bounced up and down - is he prone to go missing a lot? I'm not sure we need more if those types, though * me how good would it be if they all came good in the same game, preferably late in September.

Would take Yeo but make west coast pay atleast 200k of his salary. OP issues he is worth no more than 500k a year.

The annual underrating of opposition players and overrating of ours goes on. Yeo is a star player- made to order. Tough, good speed. if the prelim taught us anything it was we need another ball winning mid with good pace until Butters / Rozee / Jones are ready to do that job.

Trouble is- he doesn’t want to leave WA. My other main concern is his attitude and his team cohesion. He gave McGovern a serve on field for not following his man and then the next week, in Horn’s 300th, did the same himself.

Realism factor = 3%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back