Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

Why don't they make it compulsory for every non-health industry?

You mean all the other industries that have been hit far harder than construction but haven't acted like massive babies?

I heard a restaurant owner the other day on the radio say unfortunately if his staff won't get vaccinated he just won't be able to keep them employed as he sees the only way he can open and try and survive is to have fully vaccinated staff.

Politicians in Germany have expressed concern over the radicalisation of those who disagree with Covid restrictions, after a 49-year-old German citizen was arrested on suspicion of shooting dead a petrol station worker who refused to serve him while he was not wearing a mask.

Authorities in the western town of Trier said the suspect told officers he acted “out of anger” after the 20-year-old cashier at a petrol station in the town of Idar-Oberstein, in Rhineland-Palatinate, asked him to put on a mask.

Nah phrasing. As in you ain’t seen nothing yet.
You called it non violent which wasn't accurate even if compared to what weve seen overseas it was pretty tame.

Really not looking forward to escalating violence

and for most in SA, WA, QLD, NT and Tas it doesnt make any difference to their life right now.....it might in the future
Excuse me? Most people would have friends and family who live in a different state. Most people would have friends and family that live overseas. This is not insignificant, don't make it out to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dude that did the modelling himself admitted yesterday that its almost certainly going to be wrong.

Its not based on Delta and it doesnt account for vaccinations were the two specific items i can recall him noting.

It does seem as though its based on absolute worst case scenarios (which is fair, modelling should be conservative) but asking for peer reviewed expert evidence on what is essentially educated guesses isnt really reasonable.
It's not based on delta and doesn't account for vaccinations?? Wtf????
Does it account for daily protests? If not it's totally useless.

"I'm really surprised tradies would act like this" said nobody ever.

Some real lazy reporting in the media about the protestors. The below have all been parroted ad nauseum:
  • Neo Nazi
  • White Supremacists
  • Misogynistic
  • Extreme Right Wing
  • Extreme Left Wing
Really trying their best to pin it on some rogue element rather than face the facts that it's a lot of different people. Pure text book way to start a class war.
lol total horseshit, having spoken to people that were there. If there was, maybe 2% or whatever.
Also lols at the police calling the protesters "cowards"...oh you mean like...when you slam a 70 year old woman to the ground and bend over and pepper spray her in the face? You mean that kind of violent, *stick?

lol total horseshit, having spoken to people that were there. If there was, maybe 2% or whatever.
Also lols at the police calling the protesters "cowards"...oh you mean like...when you slam a 70 year old woman to the ground and bend over and pepper spray her in the face? You mean that kind of violent, fu**stick?
The 70 year old woman who was really a 34 year old man dressed up with a wig on? That 70 year old woman?

Here's another thought, not at the protest, you wouldn't get pepper sprayed. Fairly straightforward.

Excuse me? Most people would have friends and family who live in a different state. Most people would have friends and family that live overseas. This is not insignificant, don't make it out to be.
keep your shirt on

I said..."for most"

I have friends and relos in Vic and WA and NT and NSW and Qld and OS
I couldnt go to a funeral and I am invited to Melb for Xmas wont be going either

This was back in March 2020, before we knew you could be contageous before showing symptoms.
No, they said don’t wear masks if you’re healthy and that “they don’t do anything for COVID” to prevent people panic buying while they shored up supplies for healthcare workers.

Then all of a sudden when supplies were fine. “Masks save lives, wear a mask”

No, they said don’t wear masks if you’re healthy and that “they don’t do anything for COVID” to prevent people panic buying while they shored up supplies for healthcare workers.

Then all of a sudden when supplies were fine. “Masks save lives, wear a mask”
Early on when we didnt stop the boats from taking all our PPE overseas there wasnt enough masks so the message was dont wear them because the medic need them
Alpha was a little less catchy in the air than Delta too and a Delta wasnt around yet,,,luckily

You mean all the other industries that have been hit far harder than construction but haven't acted like massive babies?

I heard a restaurant owner the other day on the radio say unfortunately if his staff won't get vaccinated he just won't be able to keep them employed as he sees the only way he can open and try and survive is to have fully vaccinated staff.
What other industry has been told it's mandatory to be vaccinated? They're still having huge issues with the Disability sector and getting them vaccinated.

What other industry has been told it's mandatory to be vaccinated? They're still having huge issues with the Disability sector and getting them vaccinated.
Qld Cops

Commissioner Katarina Carroll has told officers they will be suspended without pay if they haven’t had their first Covid-19 vaccine by October 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back