Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we are interested in Luko. I reckon we targeted Dawson as a cheaper, possibly better Luko alternative

My opinion is that it was EITHER Luko or Dawson not both. And we targeted Dawson

Should have stopped after the 3rd word

Do you think we chased Dawson as a Wingman .....or as an outside Mid ?

Milera / Cook on one wing ....Seedsman / Sholl on the other
Played a bit of mid and forward in 2020....

He has obviously played great footy thus year across HB, and on the wing

Given his size and attributes I hope Nicks doesn't die wondering and we trial him as a genuine midfielder

Smith, Seeds, Milera, Schol, Jones, Cook and Hamil can all play a mix of wing, HB or both

Dawson to the midfield, why not

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's the thing........ how much better is Luko than Dawson.......if at all.......... or is it just a few year age difference and potential that says you're paying pick 4 plus more, as opposed to Pick 23 plus steak knives. Interesting stuff.
Under contract and that’s what GC will demand to let him go

* Gold coast, they either hold him to contract or they accept their club is a dumpster fire that no one wants to be at unless they can't get a gig at any other club and take what's offered.

They can have 4 and we'll have Luko and 19 or they can chuck in Rankine too because he isn't even worth 19 at this point.

I don't think we need either of them

That's the thing........ how much better is Luko than Dawson.......if at all.......... or is it just a few year age difference and potential that says you're paying pick 4 plus more, as opposed to Pick 23 plus steak knives. Interesting stuff.
Luko is not better than Dawson. Luko is the type of player in which we have a plethora of the same type already at our club. We need elite mids and elite small forwards. We already have Jones, Milera, Worrell, Smith, Hamill, Sholl, Dawson, Cook, Seedsman, Davis that can do a similar role to Luko. We need to find replacements for our weak links not double down on what we have.

Last edited:
Riley Beveridge just saying Gold Coast have an issue ATM ......all players on their main list are contracted for 2022

So they need to free up 3 spots for the ND ...and also accommodate Mabior Chol ....things are tight

But the rule that allowed clubs to move primary-listed players to the rookie list between the first and second list lodgment periods to open up senior spots will not be permitted this off-season.

They will, however, be able to shift players on the senior list to the rookie list in the time between the national and rookie drafts if the player is contracted for 2022.

I guess they mean the AFL announcing compensation.

Should be before trade period starts, just people need to wait before firing up their playstations until the FA period.

I’ve never really worried about hypothetical trades in the past, but this year I’m firing up my old Nintendo Wii and thinking of some really funky trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so. Only so many flanker winger 3rd tall types in any 22.
Yeah.... because they are so damn hard to fine... that is why

You would start the car with Luko for pick 4....

People who saying he failed to live up to predraft hype clearly have not watched him... also he most likely could have been drafted as a forward and still has never played there...

Dawson finished 3rd in the BnF in a better team. Luko finished 10th
Dawson is 3 years older than Lukosius, I think there's plenty of potential for Lukosius to grow into a seriously good footballer. Great kick to go with decent judgement, still not seeing him becoming a key forward as he's very outside for his size but he's also only just turned 21 so that could still come.

If he wanted to return to SA I'd hope we have a crack as I don't think you can ever have too many good users of the football. Between him and Rankine, I still feel Rankine fills more of a need but we'd certainly paying overs for their output to date so I wouldn't expect us to have a crack.

People who saying he failed to live up to predraft hype clearly have not watched him... also he most likely could have been drafted as a forward and still has never played there...

i can’t believe anyone HAS watched him and thought he has lived up to the hype.

he’s worth a lot less than what he cost.

that’s not even a question.

if I put a $500 price tag on my half eaten sandwich, that’s my business. But I’m gonna be stuck with it

Do you think we chased Dawson as a Wingman .....or as an outside Mid ?

Milera / Cook on one wing ....Seedsman / Sholl on the other
Dawson is an outside goal kicking utility with great kicking disposal that can play back, wing, forward. His kicking to our forward line, marking and kicking for goal is why we paid so much for him. I hope Cook develops into the same player which will give us a dual sided threat on either wing.

Only way I’d be starting my car would be if pick 4 was locked in my glove box

There could be a covid scare in Perth from an infected nsw truckie that drove through SA to Perth. Should have had the Grand Final last weekend by the looks of things. Hopefully crowd numbers aren't affected.

Last edited:
If GC think Luko is any chance to leave next year, it would be smart to trade this year ...and get #4

I just think our main priority now, having got Dawson, is to get another quality Mid .......or my boy Mac Andrew :)
* it… id be all in…
60B5E588-CE6C-45AC-859E-9C173627D8F1.gif
Give em 4 and next years first for Luko and Rankine…

tell Luko and Rankine to get in E Hollands’ ear before they leave and tell him crows want him and will come hard for him end of 2022 when he’s out of contract

Hollands can be the classy, elite mid we need…

Gut the swans for every crows supporting player they have….

adding Dawson, Luko, Rankine and Hollands in two years to what we already have plus a few other Hamish O later pick specials, and an academy player or two and rebuild is done.

Dawson is an outside goal kicking utility with great kicking disposal that can play back, wing, forward. His kicking to our forward line, marking and kicking for goal is why we paid so much for him. I hope Cook develops into the same player which will give us a dual sided threat on either wing.
I agree with a lot of this but to this point in Dawson's career he's not a consistent goal kicker, in fact this season he's only kicked multiple goals on 3 occasions and had 18 games where he didn't kick a goal at all. Did better on the score of score involvements averaging 4.2/game and only 6 goal assists all season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back