List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By draft day Roberts will be lucky to be selected in the rookie draft.

Callaghan continues to 'bridge the gap' on Horne despite playing no footy while Horne continues to impress at league level.
Couldn't disagree more, there's a spot in the system for someone of his ability, with his foot skills, marking, ability to push forward and general midfield workrate

I guess we'll see come draft time, but at this stage, if he's still there in the 20's, I'd snap him up immediately

Trade radio

SOS saying SYD probably rate Dawson at #12 .....but his opinion is somewhere #15-#25

But also that SYD would be worried about the PSD and fact Adelaide have cap room .....so again, SOS saying SYD will want a deal done relatively quickly
I think both sides will want to get a deal done quickly, honestly. Sydney for the reasons said, and the Crows for the fact we want to land our most prominent target in four years swiftly and without too much issue

As Jeff said - 23 and a future pick sweetner

Couldn't disagree more, there's a spot in the system for someone of his ability, with his foot skills, marking, ability to push forward and general midfield workrate

I guess we'll see come draft time, but at this stage, if he's still there in the 20's, I'd snap him up immediately
Sarcasm meter on the blink DITs

Not full value because we cheated. Not a good comparison
And Swans CEO Andrew Ireland and $kirt Tippet's father took full advantage of it.

If Tippett had been prepared to go to the Gold Coast or even the Brisbane Lions that he and his father had always led us to believe instead of chasing $$$$'s no one would have been any wiser and we get fair recompense instead of held over a barrel by the Ireland/Tippett campaigners.

Adelaide's only mistake was putting it in writing at Tippett's father's insistence unlike other clubs that were doing similar rorting but had the good sense not to leave a paper trail.

Would love the idea of trading our first next year into this year to kick start a fast return to glory;

Our first '22 for GC first '21? What else could we do to make this deal happen? (don't say Frampton!)

That would give us serious clout in trading with Richmond for 2 firsts;

Jump on Hobbs (4), Draper (7/15), Rachele (7/15) this year - a combination I believe goes a long way to addressing our mid and forward issues long term.

Biggest problem is that Rachele may not available at 15.

Would love the idea of trading our first next year into this year to kick start a fast return to glory;

Our first '22 for GC first '21? What else could we do to make this deal happen? (don't say Frampton!)

Jump on Hobbs (4), Draper (7/15), Rachele (7/15) this year - a combination I believe goes a long way to addressing our mid and forward issues long term.

Then you take Cooper Murley or Paul Curtis later?

They we’re all very excited when he was beating up his own age group in his preferred role - now he’s playing league in the graveyard half forward spot he’s apparently forgotten how to play. Guess we’ll see soon enough
Which ironically is how the Vic kids are selected and talked up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 23 would be an absolute steal imo. He's a high impact player at the right age and has been on good trajectory. There's a good chance he keeps getting better on what was already a strong year.

I'd be wanting somewhere between 8-13 if I were Sydney

he’s pick 2 on every irrelevant, knowledge free source?

why not line up 100 hairdressers named beryl and ask them

those draft boards have literally no idea where he will go. Whether 2, 6, or anything else

Every year at the top end is different, Rowell and Anderson were never not going 1-2, last year was open.

Let's looks at tic tac's of the deal. GC have pick 3 which will likely end up as pick 5 or 6 in this year's draft. We have pick 4 which will be pick 6 or 7. Where will we finish next year? I think we will win around 10 wins which should put us around 10-12th based on this year's ladder. Let's say 11th which is pick 8. So GC would be exchanging pick 3(5 or 6 2021) for 8 (which could end up 9 or 10 in 2022). What do GC need in their list and what are we willing to part with? I think players such as Himmelberg, Hamill, Sholl, McAsey, McAdam, McPherson, Worrell would be the type of players GC would be interested in which we may be willing to part with. What I know is that we would have to give up some value to get GC to do that deal. Having pick 3 and 4 this year would give us a lot of options. Pick 23 and 37 to the swans for Dawson. Then we could split pick 4 (pick 3 instead of 4 may be needed to entice them to do it) with Richmond for 7 and 16 giving us pick 3, 7, 16. If we nail those picks along with Dawson this could set us up for a flag. Next year our first pick would be around pick 26. This would be a good time to bring in some free agents which wouldn't cost us any picks.

Last edited:
Pick 23 would be an absolute steal imo. He's a high impact player at the right age and has been on good trajectory. There's a good chance he keeps getting better on what was already a strong year.

I'd be wanting somewhere between 8-13 if I were Sydney
Some experts saying SYD value Dawson at around #12 .....on exposed form I'd say #15-18 , as he's not shown to be a structural player yet

But as many are saying, this year is not a sellers market ......TPP's are tight, and so the PSD looms as a very real option for those clubs with cap room and low pick

Let's looks at tic tac's of the deal. GC have pick 3 which will likely end up as pick 5 or 6 in this year's draft. We have pick 4 which will be pick 6 or 7. Where will we finish next year? I think we will win around 10 wins which should put us around 10-12th based on this year's ladder. Let's say 11th which is pick 8. So GC would be exchanging pick 3(5 or 6 2021) for 8 (which could end up 9 or 10 in 2022). What do GC need in their list and what are we willing to part with? I think players such as Himmelberg, Hamill, Sholl, McAsey, McAdam, McPherson, Worrell would be the type of players GC would be interested in which we may be willing to part with. What I know is that we would have to give up some value to get GC to do that deal. Having pick 3 and 4 this year would give us a lot of options. Pick 23 and 37 to the swans for Dawson. Then we could split pick 4 (pick 3 instead of 4 may be needed to entice them to do it) with Richmond for 7 and 16 giving us pick 3, 7, 16. If we nail those picks along with Dawson this could set us up for a flag. Next year our first pick would be around pick 26. This would be a good time to bring in some free agents which wouldn't cost us any picks.
Yep, could be a stretch, possibly a '22 second (Adl) for a '22 third (GC)? Not sure Gold Coast value second round picks like everybody else does though!

Looking at your list, as we grow over this period (possible 4-5 first 22 players), we have more assets we are willing to trade.

Sounds a good idea, load up this year then get Lukocious next year via the PSD if GC won't take a pick in the 20s for him

Why does GC do this trade? Won't they still want something early this year?

Why do we want to trade into a draft when info about draftees is lower quality than usual? Shouldn't we stay steady, not into any draft in particular until things become more clear in hopefully a year or fews time?

If the club thinks it has hit on a bunch of recent draftees would they be more inclined to trade out this year's/next year's first for a player?

IF we think that we've hit with:

Schoenberg
Butts
Jones
McHenry
Thilthorpe
Berry
Cook
Pedlar

There's only so many spots for young players as it is. Are we better off grabbing a key plank rather than adding another couple of talented kids to the queue?

If the club thinks it has hit on a bunch of recent draftees would they be more inclined to trade out this year's/next year's first for a player?

IF we think that we've hit with:

Schoenberg
Butts
Jones
McHenry
Thilthorpe
Berry
Cook
Pedlar

There's only so many spots for young players as it is. Are we better off grabbing a key plank rather than adding another couple of talented kids to the queue?
There will come a time for that soon I think, there's probably a couple to add, Sholl, Fog and Hamill come to mind.

That's half a team already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back