The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep should suck it up. It's not like City haven't playing some pretty awesome football without crowrds.

This is cool by Spurs. Glad we're a part of it.

This is hilarious. Hosting a carbon neutral game against a team whose owner made his money owning an oil company :$

Great find!! The vow to "control" his temper obviously worked well. Career finished with 123 yellow cards and 12 red cards :D:D:D

Good to see he is currently doing very well in Japan.

Found it on Reddit. :p

I used to play indoor soccer back in the day (1998/1999) with a few friends and one of them used to bring his younger brother, Adrian to play. He was about 7 or 8 years old and would absolutely destroy these 17-18 year olds.

Muscat is an absolute scumbag of a bloke. Could have destroyed his career.

Muscat is an absolute scumbag of a bloke. Could have destroyed his career.

He basically did as Zahra only played 18 more a-league games after that. Muscat is a POS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still believe all the breakaway clubs that joined the European Super League should have been relegated or at least start the season minus 40 points.

Absolutely gutless from the English FA.

Yep, anyone saying otherwise is just speaking out of self interest. The argument that the points penalty would punish the fans not the owners doesn't wash when financial misdemeanours results in points penalties in lower divisions and other scenarios.

Yep, anyone saying otherwise is just speaking out of self interest. The argument that the points penalty would punish the fans not the owners doesn't wash when financial misdemeanours results in points penalties in lower divisions and other scenarios.
You can't just issue arbitrary punishments because it seems the right thing to do.

Next time it happens, the FA will be better prepared.

You would have hoped so. 😂

I wouldn't be surprised if the group stage of the European competitions have matches played almost weekly to finish the group stage by the first week of November (MD 6 is always the first week of December) and then resume when it typically would in February/March.

You can't just issue arbitrary punishments because it seems the right thing to do.

Next time it happens, the FA will be better prepared.

It's not quite arbitrary though is it, when similar punishments are in place for plenty of other misadventures.

Bit of a cop out to say they weren't prepared for it when it had been rumoured for years.

It's not quite arbitrary though is it, when similar punishments are in place for plenty of other misadventures.

Bit of a cop out to say they weren't prepared for it when it had been rumoured for years.
Those "misadventures" were specified and penalties were prescribed in FA rules.

Give 40 point penalties (potentially costing hundreds of millions) to clubs for a vague catch all "disrepute" charge and your guaranteed to end up in court.

FWIW I think what they're talking about now, owners will be contractually obliged to commit to the league pyramid and structure. So of they go against it again, there will be a clear offence with prescribed penalties.

Better prepared, although I suspect we'll find is that the prescribed penalties will be more a large fine than large points deduction.

Those "misadventures" were specified and penalties were prescribed in FA rules.

Give 40 point penalties (potentially costing hundreds of millions) to clubs for a vague catch all "disrepute" charge and your guaranteed to end up in court.

FWIW I think what they're talking about now, owners will be contractually obliged to commit to the league pyramid and structure. So of they go against it again, there will be a clear offence with prescribed penalties.

Better prepared, although I suspect we'll find is that the prescribed penalties will be more a large fine than large points deduction.

They were specified because they had precedents. This was unprecedented. That doesn't make applying reasonable and fair penalties in this case impossible and not worth trying. End of the day the clubs got off lightly because money talks and that's the start and end of it.

The EPL / EFL love punishing clubs who can't defend themselves. Their bollocks shrink when the big boys are involved though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back