Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to start by saying I am underwhelmed by Voss as our coach and have said it in many posts here of late. But, now that he's been appointed I will support him as much as I've supported all of our coaches, I have never called for a coach to be sacked and will not start in the next few years.

I have my own reasons for not wanting him and not going to go back over them, that's past history and time for me to let go and, as I said, support him to the hilt.

But for you to question the intelligence of posters who voice their concerns is laughable.

There are very few on here that envisaged Voss getting this job and even fewer who said they wanted him.

What about the intelligence of those that think that he will be successful purely because he followed us as a kid or because he was a great footballer with a bit of mongrel?
not seeing this so much as he has the potential to bring these personal attributes to the team - gotta enjoy the romance of coaching a team you followed, bh?

:blueheart: this pic

E_8tBF6VcAogEBk

How good was the presser Crushy.

Listened to it live.

It actually surprised the hell out of me ... he speaks very very well. Loved the solidarity between the three of them ... came across almost like a family ....

Ok, that makes me very happy to hear.
Really do not want to lose Samo and Vossy will figure out if he can be turned around.
Makes it even better this was announced today as gives Voss time to work on changing Samo's mind in time before trade period.

I agree 100%. Keeping Samo on the list and working with him to fulfil his potential is surely worth more to us than a 20s or 30s pick. Hopefully Voss can work it through with him but if it's the 'go home' factor it will be tough. Can only try!

I like Sayers reset and reclarification re what will constitute pass in 2022. Significant improvement being the objective performance criteria, finals being a more aspirational rather than deal-breaker criteria. This is good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All 3 of them, felt very transparent and determined.

I didn't expect Sayers to be ... so .... "non bullshitty" if that makes sense .... just a straight bat. I reckon you wouldn't want to piss that bloke off, you would get told very quickly.

I didn't expect Sayers to be ... so .... "non bullshitty" if that makes sense .... just a straight bat. I reckon you wouldn't want to piss that bloke off, you would get told very quickly.
Refreshing way of doing things, suits where he's come from and helps explain why he was so good at it too.

Thought the process was looking legit, so happy with whoever was selected.

Welcome Vossy. Equal parts happy with your competitiveness and confidence, and what you've learnt since Brissy times. A bit of humility helps with feedback and wanting to improve.

We're on a journey again! Yay!

I love the fact that he used "we" when referring to past issues and problems too, rather than just the future. It's so, so easy, almost ingrained in us, to use "they" in those circumstances because you're referring to something negative that occurred when you weren't there.

Taking ownership of problems that you clearly didn't create or contribute to. That's leadership.

Thought the process was looking legit, so happy with whoever was selected.

Welcome Vossy. Equal parts happy with your competitiveness and confidence, and what you've learnt since Brissy times. A bit of humility helps with feedback and wanting to improve.

We're on a journey again! Yay!
Vossy seemed exasperated by the process' thoroughness.

Encouraging.

And best of all, the media was shut-out. We heard so much about how it was shambles, but in reality it's sounding like it was thorough and efficient.

I love the fact that he used "we" when referring to past issues and problems too, rather than just the future. It's so, so easy, almost ingrained in us, to use "they" in those circumstances because you're referring to something negative that occurred when you weren't there.

Taking ownership of problems that you clearly didn't create or contribute to. That's leadership.
He's already bought in.

Massive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back