We have Voss, now we have the Assistants...

Remove this Banner Ad

your absolutely right regarding earning potential, but Bucks has been paid big dollars for a long long time and could be one of those individuals who is addicted to the compete aspect that only a footy club environment can bring. Probably wishful thinking on my behalf as I too believe he will enter the media as he’s a polished performer, but he’d be a perfect foil for Voss if he had any interest.

Buckley is probably going to earn twice an assistant coach’s wage for 1/10th of the pressure through a media gig.

No idea on what possible basis he would be taking up a demoted role with a lower salary and higher pressure for one of their arch rivals.

Next

Milburn, the Geelong defender. As Assisistant Coach of defence. He would be perfect, would teach our boys how to play hard.....

(86) milburn & silvagni - YouTube :p

Clarko as coach, Milburn an assistant, Balme footy director, Dean Wallis and Sean Denham to round the assistants out.

:sick:

Yes I hold grudges.

Not sure why people are worried. We were never going to sign anyone before the senior coach was sorted out, nor were we going to sign anyone in the day or two immediately following that appointment either.

Still plenty of assistants out there to choose from, including from two clubs playing off tomorrow evening.

Because he rebuilt his team and took it all the way to a Grand Final and multiple prelims. I personally think he was better than Mick.
He rebuilt his team? That was young and should've won more than the one mick got? Right... his input into list management involved destroying a very very young lists, bringing across beams and destroying their prospects at topping up? He had the best list in the comp and got nothing with it, showed no ability to build good relationships, there are more than just one or two players I've spoken to and ex players who say he's horrendous at anything resembling a tough decision or tough news. He oversaw big cultural issues including racism in which its documented he essentially laughed lumumba out of his office. His tactical 'acumen' as told to me by previous players was down to his assistants. He was Eddie's figurehead and not a good Coach, compared to a Mick Malthouse before he went all about the ego? No contest. Mick was a miles better coach.

I'll get behind whoever they choose. I like the way they are going about things and I think Diesel has been bloody impressive so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion getting the right assistant coaches is just as important as the Cook or Voss appointments we’ve got to nail this. If we do it will be an impressive turn around. I was despondent with the recent events until Cook signed and then Voss, I’m really excited now especially if we can keep our list fit and even more so if we can add decent assistant coaches. These are the guys who really develop young talent and impact the upside of any list.

If it’s correct that we have the money to really invest in our football department and attract the best assistants to support Vossy (which was backed up by Diesel today, saying we are gonna bring in some really good coaches under Vossy) this is the coaching structure I’m really hoping for ...

Head of Development & Coaching - Mark Williams
Senior Coach - Michael Voss
Senior Assistant - Blake Caracella
Assistant Coach - Andrew McQualter
Assistant Coach - Luke Power
Assistant Coach - Nigel Lappin

Based on what Parko said on SEN this afternoon, Voss was selected because of his outstanding leadership qualities rather then tactical acumen. So the club recognise the need to surround him with assistants that fill that gap.
But we need ******* tactical acumen… it’s why Teague isn’t at the ******* club anymore!

FWIW I’m looking forward Vossy’s gameplan!

IMO, getting Buckley in any capacity would be a serious mistake by the club. The media would be all over that for all of Voss' tenure. Can't you see the narrative? "After his 3rd loss in a row Michael Voss is under serious pressure if he can't correct the slide. At this rate, the team will struggle to make finals this year, and if that were to come to pass, there will be serious rumblings to replace him with Nathan Buckley ..." and on and on.

They would be relentless.

The worst thing the club could do for Michael Voss is to employ anybody who could potentially be seen as an instant replacement senior coach. It would be the ultimate no-confidence vote. A Neil Craig, Paul Roos, Gary Ayres type (not that I'm advocating any of them) ... hell, even Parko would be a better bet. Someone who is a mentor, rather than a possible replacement.

But like most others, I just hope the club can get genuinely good assistants around him.

IMO, getting Buckley in any capacity would be a serious mistake by the club. The media would be all over that for all of Voss' tenure. Can't you see the narrative? "After his 3rd loss in a row Michael Voss is under serious pressure if he can't correct the slide. At this rate, the team will struggle to make finals this year, and if that were to come to pass, there will be serious rumblings to replace him with Nathan Buckley ..." and on and on.

They would be relentless.

The worst thing the club could do for Michael Voss is to employ anybody who could potentially be seen as an instant replacement senior coach. It would be the ultimate no-confidence vote. A Neil Craig, Paul Roos, Gary Ayres type (not that I'm advocating any of them) ... hell, even Parko would be a better bet. Someone who is a mentor, rather than a possible replacement.

But like most others, I just hope the club can get genuinely good assistants around him.
Who gives a **** what the media thinks?! 🤔

But we need ******* tactical acumen… it’s why Teague isn’t at the ******* club anymore!

FWIW I’m looking forward Vossy’s gameplan!

Teague isn't at the club anymore because he could neither coach the players tactically nor was he a motivator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back