Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on what I saw after the Dogs kicked their second goal in the third quarter...they cannot when they're playing like that.

That was as rough an arse spanking as you're ever likely to see. The much vaunted Dogs midfield got destroyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dees flaky as hell, said it all along this year, even when undefeated.

Can't blow away inferior sides, always leave the door open for the opposition. Frequently beaten in clearances, overrated midfield, and a mediocre coach. The legitimate top sides have many easy kills along the way...not this Dees outfit though.

Realistically a 6-8th ranked quality side that rode its luck earlier in the year.

Must be the most unimposing top of the ladder side in recent memory.

So many posts here didn't age well

you just won the flag by 74 points, excising decades of pain and failure. It’s now your time to become arrogant, pig headed and generally insufferable

Lead from the front eh? :)

Well they definitely have over come the mentally weak tag now

To come back and be so destructive after looking like they were gone half way through the third quarter was a thing of beauty

They saved their best & peak for the last 30 minutes of the season. Amazing

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

“But but but just you wait until Dunkley is coming back?! Treloar is coming back too! Stef Martin Experience as well!! We‘re missing 74 of our best 22 don’t you know, but we’re still on top of the ladder, woof woof!!!!”

Won a premiership, yet replying to this was the first thing on your mind
Nah some other LEGEND bumped this s**t, I just took the chance to rub your nose in it during the ad break 🥰😍🥰😍🥰

Gotta break even on centre clearance surely. Also in general play; and Dogs some very good ball users but on the whole you'd probably think to properly beat Melbourne's press/zone with ball movement you need a team that relies less on like dynamic handball chains?

Dees just not a bad side though...

I commented earlier that Melbourne's biggest weakness was their forward line and their ability to kick 90+ points (which in my view is required to win the GF). Well Brown has played a huge part in plugging that hole. Tremendous for their structure and allows their mids - small to come into play.

So if Melbourne play to their best, they win. The hope for Port (yeah I reckon Port will win tonight) is if Dixon plays a blinder and their talls take plenty of contested marks. Contested marks will beat this style of play. Easier said than done though. How often do teams have dominant contested mark games? Oh wait, that clunt Cox in the 2018 PF (yeah yeah I'm almost over it)...

Agree on this too. Probably best to keep it off the deck. Dees aren't infallible at ground level but generally it is a strong ground level team

Think we have just witnessed a seismic shift in the game. For a very long time now it was believed that premierships are won by teams who have a large demographic of 28 + year olds and a couple of “kids” in the team.

Melbourne have just romped to a flag with largely 24 and under team and a handheld of older brigade. The game is now a young mans game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back