AFL Toast Grand Final: Congratulations Dees!! Broke the 57 year drought!

Remove this Banner Ad

stoked for the Dees. they've long been my 2nd team.
that 3rd quarter blitz was amazing to watch.

Also it was nice for the commentary superlatives over Bont to be directed where they deserved.
Tracc & Oliver are far superior players.
Well they're not. The Bont was excellent. All three are superstars. Things rarely work out how you expect but you would think that both teams will be easy favourites to make next year's grand final. I suppose the Dogs' defence could be a weakness if they get a few injuries.

We can all wax lyrical about the impact of Petracca and Oliver and rightly so.

But the efforts of Viney, Brayshaw and Harmes in the midfield ensure Petracca and Oliver can do what they do well.

There's also some under-rated types in their side too.

Neal-Bullen and Langdon are reliable in their respective roles.

And to get Brown into full forward is very smart recruiting. He contests every ball coming his way. Be warned guys - this mob might win a few flags in the next few years because of their approach.
I would have thought Ben Brown was a no-brainer considering they got him for pick bugger all. I couldn't believe the lack of love for him this time last year. The guy kicks goals - lots of them - but apparently that isn't important in footy anymore.

I would have thought Ben Brown was a no-brainer considering they got him for pick bugger all. I couldn't believe the lack of love for him this time last year. The guy kicks goals - lots of them - but apparently that isn't important in footy anymore.

Very one-dimensional player. Works fine for Melbourne when they're the highest i50 differential side in the comp, but there's a reason he was on the fringes all year.

Glad to see him go well, seems a genuinely nice guy and thought he did what he was meant to do on the day.

Tom McDonald was rubbish though, two late consolation goals in junk time disguises how poor he really was.

Very one-dimensional player. Works fine for Melbourne when they're the highest i50 differential side in the comp, but there's a reason he was on the fringes all year.

Glad to see him go well, seems a genuinely nice guy and thought he did what he was meant to do on the day.

Tom McDonald was rubbish though, two late consolation goals in junk time disguises how poor he really was.
Brown is a good role player, he did his job and the Dees were better as a result. He shows you don't need a star, just someone who puts in the effort and a game plan that makes the most of their strengths.

Norf needed him to be their star but without the gameplan and the players to contribute it just wasn't going to happen.

Ben Brown finds himself on 143 league games for 312 league goals.

I'd take that any time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back