2020 or 2021 Grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Seemed more like a proper GF, so I'll say 2021.

Probably all boils down to the venue. There's daylight between the Gabba and the big boys.

2021 will be better for a host of reasons. Demons not winning in a long time and the emotion that comes with that. We had won our 3rd flag in 4 years. Better spectacle and stadium and a state that loves football.

I enjoyed 2021 more and I'm a Dogs fan so I think that speaks volumes..

2021 for me.

Perth Stadium is superior to the Gabba, the crowd was larger and more knowledgeable/passionate and the quality of the game, while not close after the midway point of the third term, was better. The final 50 minutes from Melbourne was some of the most exciting and entertaining football I've seen in decades.

2020 hands down. Much fiercer contest with no easy goals. 2021 had the emotion of the dees winning and being played in a bigger stadium. I’d even say their were less fake fans at 2020 due to victorians being able to make their way to the game via quarantining in nt.

2021 was played more like a State of Origin match, highest-scoring GF since 2007 and turned into a blowout.

2020 was a more traditional GF, battle of the defences until Dusty turned the game.

Despite being a closer game, I found 2020 very boring aside from Martin's late goals. Ablett retiring was also very special. It's already been mentioned, but 2021 had a superior venue, crowd, entertainment, quality of football and a drought breaker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2021 had a better atmosphere but don't think that's Brissy's fault. The whole 2020 season felt off to me, and I found it hard to get excited about anything footy related.

Both games were great, but I enjoyed this year's more.

2021 easily.

The momentum swings through the game were remarkable and will go down in history. Just needed one last rally from the Dogs at some point in the last to make it a classic. I've got all Grand Final DVDs from 1965 and watched each at least 3 times (except 1998), and there's never been a burst as awesome as Melbourne's in a Grand Final ever. But unfortunately it went too long and in the end it was just a one-way-traffic rout. The Perth atmosphere, and drought breaker made it a more compelling atmosphere as well.

2020 started well. When Ablett in his last game went down, and Vlastuin got taken out in the same play early in the game, it was as electric a start as Dermie going down in 1989. But thereafter it was an ordinary game in an ordinary season between two great sides, but two sides who had experienced plenty of recent success and who were hard to warm to. The sub 30k crowd at the Gabba made it a less engaging atmosphere.

Last edited:
2021 easy better all round in ever way had a better feeling too and better organsied too and 2020 was all fake right through the season too.
2021 will be remembered for alot longer too.
2020 is now forgotten.
2021 will live on
bring on 2022 though Collingwood to win the first grand final when its back at the MCG

Kudos to Perth, they really embraced the GF. Been here 4 days now and the vibe has been great. Optus stadium shits on the 'Gabba and of course the great MFC finally brought it home.

2021- dees shoot to 4 goal lead-Dogs looked dead-
Dogs come from nowhere to lead by 3 goals look like running over the top of Dees and then BOOM!
Final margin looks as though it was no contest- it was an epic battle for almost 3 quarters and then Demons were absolutely sensational- I wanted a close game as a neutral- yet could not help but be in awe of the Demons, well, AWEsomeness- It was beautiful football- it must be said the DOgs were not rubbish- simply Demons played 45 minutes of the best footy you will ever see (and i hate to admit it because I do not like dees!)

2020 was meh- repeat of H&A game between the two- Cats get out to decent lead- Tigers overrun them. Yawn. Everyone could see it happening.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back