List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have plenty of players in that role with ability coming out their arse - TT, Stepho, Curtis etc - and if he can hone their skills and understanding even more, look out imo
Its been a bit of a weakness imo so I'm pretty happy with this move.

Apart from Motlop and Rankin, they'd all be rich pickings from a Kerridge perspective with two first/last name multipliers.
Are we counting Judson as a first name or a last name? Technically he could have 2 first names and 2 last names at the same time, ala Mitchell Clark.
Personally I like Josh Rachelle. The 2 first name but one a boys name and one a girls name combo appeals. It's one of the reasons I loved Robert Shirley as a player.
That's all I've got sorry. The trade thread seems very serious this year.

For Richmond.
Its better to break even on CCJ and Taz straight swap. + collect the Chol compo.
Over
38 for CCJ, Taz FA. + no Chol compo.
We are essentially using the afl's compo pick's as a bargaining tool.

The mechanism is there for:
- Tarrant and ideally we get some compo,
- CCJ to PSD.

Why are we even bothering to pick up the phone? There is no way Cerra ends up in the PSD and we don't need the next option of Lipinski.

Well if CCJ is taken by us thru a deal with 9thmond involving Tarrent then if we go to the PSD and if the deal with Cerra doesn’t get done and his available I know who I’m be taking unfortunately not Lipinski.

There is zero chance Cerra will go through the pre season draft.

The mechanism is there for:
- Tarrant and ideally we get some compo,
- CCJ to PSD.

Why are we even bothering to pick up the phone? There is no way Cerra ends up in the PSD and we don't need the next option of Lipinski.
We will pick up the phone for sure.
Just to hear there melts.
I agree that is our best option.
But with the limited number of list spots left, I dont think we would use pick 69.
We could offer that as its no loss to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will pick up the phone for sure.
Just to hear there melts.
I agree that is our best option.
But with the limited number of list spots left, I dont think we would use pick 69.
We could offer that as its no loss to us.

If we don't use pick 69 we can trade for a future pick and carry currency into next draft period.

But yeah, we pick up the photo to hear the tears.

If we don't use pick 69 we can trade for a future pick and carry currency into next draft period.

But yeah, we pick up the photo to hear the tears.
Oppo team: can you give us 69?

Brady & co: 😮

CCJ's willingness to go through the PSD is key in all of this.

Get what you're saying Hilly, but I don't buy it.

He's getting a big contract considering his output & has bought into his future at North.

How he gets here is between the clubs. If he doesn't want to wait to the PSD because Richmond are being unreasonable... Bad luck.

Get what you're saying Hilly, but I don't buy it.

He's getting a big contract considering his output & has bought into his future at North.

How he gets here is between the clubs. If he doesn't want to wait to the PSD because Richmond are being unreasonable... Bad luck.

Yeah I agree and would hope we can push that line if need be. For all I know he might have just told his Manager to get him to us by any means possible.

Yeah I agree and would hope we can push that line if need be. For all I know he might have just told his Manager to get him to us by any means possible.

Given the public Richmond hissy fits through the media, I can only assume that he's copped a fair whack on the way out. Their supporters would be all over his Instagram as well (which now has comments disabled & removed his Richmond profile picture) with various unpleasantries.

He isn't turning his back on $1m+ & staying there because a trade doesn't get done.

To use the scientific jargon - we need slippery players.

Phoenix potentially has it. Lindsay had it. Boomer had it. Even Nahas had a bit of it. Nobody else currently on the list has it.

Jason Horne-Francis has it in spades and he's gunna be on the list very soon.

I suspect he'll be playing that pressure forward role a lot in his first year or two.

PSD is a bad outcome for Richmond, not only do they get nothing for CCJ, Tarrant will dilute the compensation for Chol. It is something that needs to be weighed up in the haggling for a trade.

Unless the s**t hits the fan and someone like Cerra ends up in the PSD before we do a trade with Richmond, then the threat of the PSD still has considerable weight to negotiations even if he doesn't end up there.

While a player might not want his previous club to get screwed, I think the harder they make it to get to where he wants to go, the more open someone will become to going into the PSD.

I might be a campaigner, but if I was a high value player and I wanted to go from club X to club Y and i wanted success at club Y, I would want that club to pay as little as possible so they could get more talent that will help to achieve success. I find it really odd that someone like Cameron was fine with GWS bending Geelong over, he may have been worth it, but it doesn't help him to have success.

If I was worth early 2 first round picks and I was going to the wooden spoon team, i'd go in the PSD and have those 2 early first round picks lining up with me rather than against me.

Given the public Richmond hissy fits through the media, I can only assume that he's copped a fair whack on the way out. Their supporters would be all over his Instagram as well (which now has comments disabled & removed his Richmond profile picture) with various unpleasantries.

He isn't turning his back on $1m+ & staying there because a trade doesn't get done.

Pretty gross. You'd think that would make any thought of turning his head back impossible.

As long as Richmond thinks he's willing to do it, he won't have to. The thing about the PSD is neither side actually wants it to happen, and if it's a live possibility, they won't let it happen. Richmond would rather have something for him than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back