Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Tim wants to stay so will only go if we don't offer a contract so Port could just wait and pick up as a delisted free agent.
If he is picked up a free agent you would think it would be low pay for two years so no compo.

To get compo we need a bidding war amongst a few clubs.

No, you're exactly right. If 4 x 450 is potentially a 4th rounder, the reality is we wouldn't get close to a second round pick for TOB.
I might also mention I believe they don’t get anything for 4th rounder. Worst case is actually third round otherwise it’s nothing…apparently

If Port are losing Hartlett they might want to trade something to be able to get Hartlett compensation…although I don’t believe they would get anything for him

No, you're exactly right. If 4 x 450 is potentially a 4th rounder, the reality is we wouldn't get close to a second round pick for TOB.
Remember what melbourne got for Frawley? Band 1! 3 year deal with a 4th year option, on similar figure to what you've quoted.

Now that we've been bottom for a while, it's time for some discretionary largesse OUR way...

Remember what melbourne got for Frawley? Band 1! 3 year deal with a 4th year option, on similar figure to what you've quoted.

Now that we've been bottom for a while, it's time for some dicretionary largesse OUR way...
Sadly I don’t think the bands are the same. Been more refined because of the outcry after Frawley. Don’t think they would get band 1 now

Now that we've been bottom for a while, it's time for some discretionary largesse OUR way...

I'd love it, but you just know there will be little to no generosity coming our way.

What if Port paid TOB band 3 money for a year with the understanding that creating the pick allows them to get a good trade for Ladhams or another player? 🤔

All of a sudden there's a 'free' second round pick generated from thin air to move things along.

What if Port paid TOB band 3 money for a year with the understanding that creating the pick allows them to get a good trade for Ladhams or another player? 🤔

All of a sudden there's a 'free' second round pick generated from thin air to move things along.
CE2AE2C4-CCF5-4D38-881E-0E919111DBAA.jpeg
Doesn’t give numbers but he is also older than Chol. Me personally, I am hopeful of higher but expecting third round at best with the understanding it might actually be nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re the TOB speculation.....

At this stage I think:
Band 5 = Pick 43
Band 4 = Pick 38
Band 3 = Pick 25
Band 2 = Pick 19
Band 1 = Pick 6

Band 3 would be a good result.

So Band 2 makes him worth the same as Buddy Franklin HAHAHAHAHA

...well I guess they wore the same number

So can we drive up the free agency compo by putting an offer to his management worth a higher pick (not ridiculous obviously) and then they say to port well if you want him you have to pay this???
Only if we're prepared for him to accept our offer, and stay with us on those terms...

Trade radio saying Brander involved in SPS from Carlton to West Coast.
What about Hanrahan to Carlton, SPS to West Coast, Brander to Hawthorn?

Trade Radio will say a lot of things. After two minutes they will run out of facts. After that it is all speculation to fill the space.

non athletic talls like Brander are a risk imo, its like Jack Williams in this draft pool, if they arent fast they need to be really tall or physically dominant like a Ben Brown or something and im not sure he is either, he could be ok but it is a risk imo.

Trade Radio will say a lot of things. After two minutes they will run out of facts. After that it is all speculation to fill the space.

A month's worth of radio before trade period begins and you could summarise what AFL.com sources know in less than an hour.

Gonna be a slog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back