List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rendell seems quite bullish.
Reckons this is a quick fix and turnaround.
Tipped us for the 8 next year....
He either knows something we dont about the players on the list or he has no idea what he is on about.

Wasn’t that the Ryder deal? I don‘t recall there being issues with Shaun Burgoyne crossing to Hawthorn, but there were huge issues with getting Ryder to Port.
Yeah both, if you read that Age article it talks to both with Esse being common theme. I think Mark Williams was involved in that.

He either knows something we dont about the players on the list or he has no idea what he is on about.
We've got a strong core still. If we can get a few of last years kids and N Daicos to play a reliable role, we should be pushing close to the bottom end of the 8.

No one rated him but look out how picking up Ben Brown turned out for Melbourne.. played his role and kicked 3 in a GF. He fills a need for us.
As the Anvil did in 2010.
Role player who made the side better, basically for free.

We've got a strong core still. If we can get a few of last years kids and N Daicos to play a reliable role, we should be pushing close to the bottom end of the 8.
Add to a new environment/players will be more.. excited. New game plan.

I know very little about trades etc, but the general consensus seems to be that Rendell doesn't know his arse from his elbow.
On the face of it his opinion means jack.

Last edited:
Just seems pointless even for it to be up for discussion given McRae was very clear on his position.
Probably not, but it’s only an opinion, and as far as opinions go it’s not all that outlandish.

I know very little about trades etc, but the general consensus seems to be that redell doesn't know his arse from his elbow.
On the face of it his opinion means jack.
I don't think anyone could suggest he doesn't know he's talking about, but Rendell loves making a big splash with an over the top statement.

Probably not, but it’s only an opinion, and as far as opinions go it’s not all that outlandish.
It's also position A to set yourself up to criticise the team going fwd.
1/understand Mcrae has said Moore will play CHB
2/ Suggest that Moore plays Forward
3/be bullish about team's prospects
4/ wait for the team to underperform to your expectations
5/light the blowtorch

i'm guessing he figures with all the disruption, controversy and changes that swirled around us this year 17th isn't a true reflection of the teams ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's also position A to set yourself up to criticise the team going fwd.
1/understand Mcrae has said Moore will play CHB
2/ Suggest that Moore plays Forward
3/be bullish about team's prospects
4/ wait for the team to underperform to your expectations
5/light the blowtorch
Tbh given that he thought Tapping is going to St Kilda I’m not sure he’d be on top of things enough to know what McRae said, or to make such a nefarious plan…

Loved his ideas, I have always felt that Moore could be the best ruck in the comp, just like his old man.

I do get it.
He also did say the same thing last year.
Says if he was a ruck/forward he'd win the brownlow...

When was the last time a ruck/forward won a brownlow? lol

I do get it.

I dunno. His Dad?

When you look at the eras and players Kappa is keen on diminishing that summation would include Peter Knights, Steven Silvagni, Roos, Jakovich, Guy McKenna, Wirrapunda, Wanganeen, etc...
That list would be a mile long.
Heater and Davis were instrumental in our 2010 flag.

There is a blinkered view of history which only sees the standout.

Richmond won their recent flags on the back of their defense.
Rance was key to their first , but their ability to replace him in an exceptional back half is what won them multiple flags.

An inability to see this is telling.

I can tell you right now.

There isn't a Treloar or Stephenson situation happening.
They've cleared enough cap for this year with retirements and contract cuts (Pendles took a big one for his new two year extension)

It's a quite trade period with two players at the moment coming in, point gathering and Nick Daicos plus potentially Dib coming through the draft.
Do you know if the 2 players have nominated us?

It's an odd situation being played out with Dunstan whereby we have a player not wanted by his club but one who received 11 Brownlow votes in 2021 which was the second most of any Saint (and the equal of any Collingwood player).

As I said. Odd.
what's even more impressive is that he only played 12 games. Almost has a Lyons feel to it. Plays well at gc but got kicked out due to lack of spread at the contest.

I do get it.

P....P...Peter Moore?

Not that I think he should play forward.

If we had Moore and Howe all year our win/loss would be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back