Off-topic Certain people in these parts have all off-season to make apologies around here. (personally I'm SUPREMELY sorry for all the dislikes I've handed out)

is Jazny a sookie lah lah?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So Jack sacrificed himself for his one true love? Was Jack Rose's true love? It doesn't sound like it.

True loves die together as they can't live without each other. Sounds like Rose used Jack to survive, where once she got back to wherever she came from she used her manipulative ways to continue to get what she wanted.

Is there a 30 minute cut of this movie? I'm interested now, but not "I want to waste 3 hours of my life" interested.
Jack's final wishes were for her to go and be happy, and have children. Did you even see the movie?? I feel like none of you have even seen it...

Jack's final wishes were for her to go and be happy, and have children. Did you even see the movie?? I feel like none of you have even seen it...

No I have never seen it. Could you summarise in a sentence or two? Your personal interpretation please.

No I have never seen it. Could you summarise in a sentence or two? Your personal interpretation please.
Rose has sex with someone that isn't her fiancee and then kills him in cold blood whilst watching others die all around her because she is one depraved individual.

Have you heard the song 'Common People' by Pulp? It's basically thar but with a boat and adultery also.

She didn't even shout him a rum and coca cola, the tightarse

Danced and drank and screwed because there was nothing else to do though.

The things you do when you're 16 and getting some and don't know better...

My older gf at the time dragged me to see Titanic at the movies twice.

If anyone has a time machine, I would like to go back and give myself an uppercut.

No boobies are worth that...

Have you heard the song 'Common People' by Pulp? It's basically thar but with a boat and adultery also.

I have always wanted to use that line... "... I'll see what I can do"... when obliquely propositioned. The passage of time and the covid lockdown baby I'm now carrying probably make this an event that will never happen.

I also get into discussion with a mate from similar engineering background about if the Titanic hadn't broadsided the iceberg. That if they just went full reverse and slammed head on into the *er how likely that they completely crush the front, but don't sink? Let's face it, after Kate's **** are out, there's * all reason to keep watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a love story that centres around the sinking of the Titanic. Jack is a poor artist, Rose is a rich socialite, they meet on the ship and despite all the efforts of her mother and Cal, they find a way to be together even while the ship sinks! It is about the things that are most important in life: love and memories.

It is a love story that centres around the sinking of the Titanic. Jack is a poor artist, Rose is a rich socialite, they meet on the ship and despite all the efforts of her mother and Cal, they find a way to be together even while the ship sinks! It is about the things that are most important in life: love and memories.

Was Rose engaged at the time this happened? I sense this from other posters.

Engaged and gold digging! :$

Gold digging a poor person?

Ok, Jazny , here is where you show your true colours.

You are engaged to the elf in Lord of the Rings played by Orlando Bloom.

But then your favourite elf, Bryce Gibbs, comes along and makes a move.

What is your play?

Gold digging a poor person?

Ok, Jazny , here is where you show your true colours.

You are engaged to the elf in Lord of the Rings played by Orlando Bloom.

But then your favourite elf, Bryce Gibbs, comes along and makes a move.

What is your play?
I am a very loyal person... but its not like that. It is like if Rose was an elf that is promised, by her corrupted mother, to marry some awful boring human king, and then Legolas comes along and rescues her. That isnt cheating because Rose never wanted that marriage, she was pressured and manipulated into it.

Yes but it was an arranged marriage that she did not want. She was trapped, and Jack symbolised the freedom she wanted.

She wanted to live like common people....but she didn't understand and just smiled and held Jack's hand. :$

I also get into discussion with a mate from similar engineering background about if the Titanic hadn't broadsided the iceberg. That if they just went full reverse and slammed head on into the f***er how likely that they completely crush the front, but don't sink? Let's face it, after Kate's **** are out, there's fu** all reason to keep watching.
It would have sunk a lot quicker.

It would have sunk a lot quicker.

The issue was water breaching the sealed bulkheads. As long as no more than 3 compartments flooded, no sinky sinky. The sealed bulkheads reached way above the waterline and in calm seas, no sinky sinky even if the front was totally crushed.

Yes but it was an arranged marriage that she did not want. She was trapped, and Jack symbolised the freedom she wanted.

An arranged marriage? I find that very inappropriate. This changes the whole thing.

Why did no-one tell me this before? This changes everything.

Titanic is a true story of love and what people will sacrifice for love.

Getting the Blu-ray tomorrow.

Back