Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I meant to take seriously the views of someone who, wait I want to get this right, that Clark was valued so highly he can't get a game?
He's played 5 reserve games in 3 seasons.

He's either been in the team or injured for the most part.
Is it at all a concern to you that they've given him all this opportunity to him and he's still approached Fremantle two seasons in a row to try and get a trade done?

Lol we sacked our backline coach over Jordan Clark did we?
I find this whole scenario laughable, a coaches job is to get the best out of their players, sometimes that takes hearing things you dont want to hear, Clark needs to toughen up if he wants to make it.

I find this whole scenario laughable, a coaches job is to get the best out of their players, sometimes that takes hearing things you dont want to hear, Clark needs to toughen up if he wants to make it.

And sometimes coaches play favourites, happens all the time.

Does anyone know when Clarks' exit meeting is on? Was it tomorrow? Intentions will be revealed about 5 minutes after, I would imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches don't get sacked for not playing a specific player, they get sacked for an inability to change and adapt to provide the outcomes the group needs.

Scarlett has been sacked because the backline that he has had 5 years with generates very little rebound speed and still has to have slow ball movement to protect it. Not playing Clark isn't the reason he is being sacked but it looks like a symptom of it the real reason.

Clark is the cough, lack of adaptation is the coronavirus

If you offer a 4 year contract to a speculative kid then it could get real awkward 12 months in. No one gives a speculation trade-in more than a 2 year deal

Cool narrative. Who said he's speculative?

You've been unsuccessful thus far in developing him, he's not happy with the position he's been playing and you have recruited players 30+ in age into positions he can play. Hardly an endorsement.

Selwood spun him a story last year and your mob basically still didn't give him much of a game.

We believe that in the right position and with match time we'll have a player.

Thus far Geelong and Clark hasn't worked. You've damaged his trade value. That is undeniable. We would have offered a higher pick last year.

If you offer a 4 year contract to a speculative kid then it could get real awkward 12 months in. No one gives a speculation trade-in more than a 2 year deal

Maybe not quite as speculative but we gave

4 years to Rory Lobb
4 years to Danyle Pearce
3 years to Shane Kersten

If you come to Fremantle you get the retirement package.

I don't think we should be offering up a hefty four year deal to an unproven fringe player - if the rumour is even true. I know the upside, but he's still unproven.

That said, I'm not sure if anyone switches clubs under contract for much less. Would feel more comfortable if it was a three yeary.

Clarks value is a hard one to gauge but Geelong are in the box seat to play hardball with this one due to contract. Clarks best option may be to play the year out and reassess in 12 months. Will be easier to move then and his value will be clearer. As rough guess though id say this year a fair deal would be Clark for a pick around 30.

If he hasn't performed why are you offering him a long contract?
No idea he doesn’t deserve it, has done nothing for the last couple of years, please keep him.
A 4 year deal is ridiculous for someone who has done nothing.

Promise him whatever it takes, there is no way anyone can be confident he’ll actually
do anything, so anything over 2 years is foolhardy.

Back