Player Watch Trey Ruscoe (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to be wrong, but I had him down as soft. Not an inspiring type at all. Maybe if I’ve missed something and I’ll happily admit I’m wrong if we’ve found a diamond in the rough.

I was the same but maybe it was due to them playing him out of position. Would bob up from time to time to kick a goal when playing forward but overall would go missing for big chunks of games. He looks a lot more comfortable and involved in that HB role he played towards the end of the year. His kicking was a real weapon through the corridor. Pretty sure he played back in his junior days so the move back makes sense.

I was the same but maybe it was due to them playing him out of position. Would bob up from time to time to kick a goal when playing forward but overall would go missing for big chunks of games. He looks a lot more comfortable and involved in that HB role he played towards the end of the year. His kicking was a real weapon through the corridor. Pretty sure he played back in his junior days so the move back makes sense.
It’s an easier game behind the ball, tough going as a forward in our team and particularly if you aren’t a focal point. Hopefully his physicality improves as he gets bigger and older.

yes, he's a lot better down back. We now have about 15 players in the team who look better down back. I've got an idea that mihocek would look better down there too....and jamie..... we really should put the whole lot of them down back so they can all look better like Trey has done...

yes, he's a lot better down back. We now have about 15 players in the team who look better down back. I've got an idea that mihocek would look better down there too....and jamie..... we really should put the whole lot of them down back so they can all look better like Trey has done...

So true.

If we can keep the opposition to zero score, we only need to score 1 point to win.
Sound strategy.

If we can keep the opposition to zero score, we only need to score 1 point to win.
Sound strategy.

maybe we can pay one guy on the list extra money to sacrifice his game and position himself forward to kick that point..... then we promise him that we will move him straight back to where he can play his best football...

another strategy is to get a guy off the street to come in and play forward. He wont mind sacrificing himself to play in the front half...

or we could get half a dozen guys in from ireland to play forward for a few games, on a promise that we will eventually move them down back so that they cain display their football talents to the world..

or maybe we can get a trained monkey in or a police dog to play forward, as long as we get permission from the rspca that we're not treating them cruelly by putting them forward of the ball...

or we could pay derek extra money to recruit someone who is willing to sacrifice his game by playing forward and kick goals... or maybe derek would prefer his own tv show.... or we could rename the cheersquad the Hinettes and Derek could run out each week through the banner..... or we could get all the top journos in to interview Derek and ask him about his strategies for recruiting players who don't like playing forward

or maybe we could get trey's mum to play forward...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played mid-forward in his junior days. He mentioned he had only played down back in the championships. But definitely fits him

Sound strategy.
Full press in the back half, then a torp fiesta everytime we get to the back edge of the square.

or we could pay derek extra money to recruit someone who is willing to sacrifice his game by playing forward and kick goals... or maybe derek would prefer his own tv show.... or we could rename the cheersquad the Hinettes and Derek could run out each week through the banner..... or we could get all the top journos in to interview Derek and ask him about his strategies for recruiting players who don't like playing forward

or maybe we could get trey's mum to play forward...

Clearly Mason was naive to AFL when he first joined. No way he agrees to play forward otherwise lol

Full press in the back half, then a torp fiesta everytime we get to the back edge of the square.

As a gameplan “Torp Fiesta” sounds more entertaining than “Rommel’s Box”, I’ll give it that.

Clearly Mason was naive to AFL when he first joined. No way he agrees to play forward otherwise lol

it's beyond me why he hasn't been tried as an intercepting backman...... He's an obvious choice. That game against richmond stuffed his career up totally. Trey was smart enough to look hopeless up forward

it's beyond me why he hasn't been tried as an intercepting backman...... He's an obvious choice. That game against richmond stuffed his career up totally. Trey was smart enough to look hopeless up forward

Exactly.

And of course Keane being Irish mixed it up. He is playing hopeless in the hope of being switched forward ffs.

Exactly.

And of course Keane being Irish mixed it up. He is playing hopeless in the hope of being switched forward ffs.

Personally, I think he is naturally gifted in playing hopeless. I think he wants to sign a big contract and then convince the club to pay him out so he can go home and kick the round ball... dont forget his toffy medical mate who started out as a forward, then went wing, and finally went to full back.... I heard that they were thinking of putting him a few more steps back and make him a goal umpire .... but he didnt have the coordination to wave the flags....so they sent him further back to the cheersquad.....and then further back to a security spot on the gate behind the goals.....and then further back to taxi driver in a car behind the goals.....but that still wasnt far enough back..... so they told him to drive himself to the airport and get in the very back of the plane and go back to ireland.....which is probably the most backward place in the world......so he's the ultimate backman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back