List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarrod Cameron has just requested a trade out of West Coast.

Would be a good selection for us with added pace and smarts around our forwardline.
nope, we have too many like him on the list...

MRJ
Aarts
Castagna
Rioli (if HB doesn't work)
Stack (if he plays fwd)
Baker (if he plays fwd)
Parker

We need genuine Mids or KPP

CCJ will get torched in the ruck he doesn’t have the mongrel or aggression to compete with the likes of Gawn
I don't disagree, but media reports are quoting CJ wanting to play more ruck time, and North seeking ruck assistance for Goldy.

I won't be too disappointed if this doesn't pan out for them, especially if we can pry pick 20 out of them!

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Ha ha, that means two million for two players fighting for the ball nearly the same way.

What if Stack kicks more goals than King and Lynch and then stops Cameron playing Brisbane in the back pocket?

You know I remember a similar argument put up years ago in the 2004 draft.

We shouldn't get Lance Franklin, he is too similar to Matthew Richardson, can't work, they'll step on each others toes. Well, Richardson retired in 2009 and Franklin is still going (relatively) strong. And as it turned out Richardson (belatedly in my opinion) was given a wing/following position and played arguably his best football of the career.

Having two talents like Lynch and King is a first world problem. Hardwick is a three time premiership coach, I'm pretty confident he'd be up to the challenge of making it work. And remember if King were to make it to punt road in 2023 he'd be joining a 30 year old Lynch. And no I'm not retiring Lynch at 30, but even if we didn't get King we'd still be looking to recruit someone as a next generation forward to work with Lynch and eventually take over.

But again I want to repeat I am only cautiously enthusiastic about getting King as the trade collateral and salary cap could prove prohibitive. Plus we are talking about something that if it transpired would be next years trade period. A lot can happen between now and then. However, as a player getting him for 2023 would be perfect timing and he'd be an amazing acquisition.

We shouldn't get Lance Franklin, he is too similar to Matthew Richardson, can't work, they'll step on each others toes. Well, Richardson retired in 2009 and Franklin is still going (relatively) strong. And as it turned out Richardson (belatedly in my opinion) was given a wing/following position and played arguably his best football of the career.

Having two talents like Lynch and King is a first world problem. Hardwick is a three time premiership coach, I'm pretty confident he'd be up to the challenge of making it work. And remember if King were to make it to punt road in 2023 he'd be joining a 30 year old Lynch. And no I'm not retiring Lynch at 30, but even if we didn't get King we'd still be looking to recruit someone as a next generation forward to work with Lynch and eventually take over.

But again I want to repeat I am only cautiously enthusiastic about getting King as the trade collateral and salary cap could prove prohibitive. Plus we are talking about something that if it transpired would be next years trade period. A lot can happen between now and then. However, as a player getting him for 2023 would be perfect timing and he'd be an amazing acquisition.
i expect we ll be addressing our kpp needs this draft by the time king is avail we ll have 12m development into them , hope that ryan continues developing too. not the last player id be looking at not sure we will have the 1mn that hes likely to command

i expect we ll be addressing our kpp needs this draft by the time king is avail we ll have 12m development into them , hope that ryan continues developing too. not the last player id be looking at not sure we will have the 1mn that hes likely to command

Don't disagree. Like I said a lot can happen between now and next years trade period. Hopefully Ryan's development and maybe getting a KPF in this years draft that looks the goods makes getting King redundant.

What part of players aging and like this season body's giving up most don't get? What makes you so confident it won't be a repeat. Mind you before the injury's started rolling our form was just as bad. Forget next season we won't be anywhere near it and bringing in Tarrant at that age well makes you wonder. Need to make room use all our picks and pick wisely.
I suspect you are right - but there were a lot of mitigating factors and given that these are addressed it is worth giving 2022 a big crack - whilst still keeping an eye on the future with the draft.

Mind you - if we are struggling mid season and not looking like a contender - I hope the club recognizes this and don't keep playing older/injured guys at the expense of the kids

No gorn no deez
Rubbish. They have the best young ruck in the comp. It was when Jackson went into the ruck (Gawn told the coaches to give him an extended run in there) that the game turned for the Demons.

Anyway, isn't this the trade and free agency thread ? If anyone wants to drool over the Melbourne "dynasty", bugger off to the gf pages. I thought we were still in the middle of the Richmond dynasty !

Don't disagree. Like I said a lot can happen between now and next years trade period. Hopefully Ryan's development and maybe getting a KPF in this years draft that looks the goods makes getting King redundant.
I keep hearing that we need to develop a KPP, however, this draft is seen as bereft of that type of player. Kids like Amiss, VanRooyen etc,even though they appear to be the cream of this crop are not by reports seen as top line KPP players. Only 6-7 weeks ago they were all being talked about as likely high 20s/30+ selections. Now because there are no clear top line KPP types we are advocating that we have to get one or two of them. This is a midfielders draft and we should be taking the best available player regardless of the position they play. Just because a player is a KPP type he should not be selected above a more talented type that plays elsewhere. Richmond has a far more pressing need for running types.

Richo was always a wingman, look at the Allies match where he was played on the wing years before at RFC.

Lloyd said he has never seen two 202cm work. Why would 199cm and 202cm work forgetting about the salary cap allocation?

Richo was shorter and more athletic

I keep hearing that we need to develop a KPP, however, this draft is seen as bereft of that type of player. Kids like Amiss, VanRooyen etc,even though they appear to be the cream of this crop are not by reports seen as top line KPP players. Only 6-7 weeks ago they were all being talked about as likely high 20s/30+ selections. Now because there are no clear top line KPP types we are advocating that we have to get one or two of them. This is a midfielders draft and we should be taking the best available player regardless of the position they play. Just because a player is a KPP type he should not be selected above a more talented type that plays elsewhere. Richmond has a far more pressing need for running types.
Tend to agree.
7-mid
15-mid
26-Best avail.
28-Kp(Williams/Bazzo/Cooke)

theres talk about the suns obviously wanting to trade pick 3 and gain more for next year due to list spots.
could we possibly offer them pick 15, next years 1st and maybe a 3rd rounder for pick 3?
would leave us with 3,7, 26,28 and say 44. plus whatever we get for chol and CCJ.
i could see us leaving a list spot or 2 open for SSP and mid year drafts as we have had success there recently.
if we got pick 20 for CCJ we could offer up 20 or 26,28,44 and maybe chol compo for the pies 1st next year
could go to the draft with 3,7,20 or 26 and a later pick.
probably just a pipe dream though

I’ll give u a few reasons for optimism compared to 2020:

Baker (keeps improving)
Bolton (could be elite)
Balta (could be best KPD in the league)
Soldo
Graham (2022 Graham could be close to elite)
Stack (has talent to be a top-liner)
Rioli off half-back (he was pretty useless up forward in 2020)
RCD, Ross and Dow (at least one can become more than just a fill in)
Tarrant (if he’s fully fit he’s an all-Australian quality KPD)

Then add some high quality draftees… Walah !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree with all of this.

But, I just can't let you get away with "Walah !" or it will catch on.

The word you used is "Voila !" a French exclamation.

Carry on.

I’ll give u a few reasons for optimism compared to 2020:

Baker (keeps improving)
Bolton (could be elite)
Balta (could be best KPD in the league)
Soldo
Graham (2022 Graham could be close to elite)
Stack (has talent to be a top-liner)
Rioli off half-back (he was pretty useless up forward in 2020)
RCD, Ross and Dow (at least one can become more than just a fill in)
Tarrant (if he’s fully fit he’s an all-Australian quality KPD)

Then add some high quality draftees… Walah !

My son was watching Sydney Stacks debut season highlights on YouTube on Saturday! Wow even I forgot how good this guy can be, just needs to keep his head screwed on and he has no ceiling, almost no weakness to his game when in full flight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with all of this.

Carry on.

We’re on BF…. if you spend time stressing about spelling, grammar and specific words being used you won’t enjoy yourself on here. Carry on

nope, we have too many like him on the list...

MRJ
Aarts
Castagna
Rioli (if HB doesn't work)
Stack (if he plays fwd)
Baker (if he plays fwd)
Parker

We need genuine Mids or KPP
I think that manic small forward role is a young mans game, when it was a strength of ours we had butler, Rioli, Castagna and to a lesser extent Higgins all fresh faced kids buzzing around less than 50 games. It’s not a sustainable role that you can play your whole career in my opinion.

Hope you’re right and we can select them with our r2s , like Balta and CCJ , no problem

I think that manic small forward role is a young mans game, when it was a strength of ours we had butler, Rioli, Castagna and to a lesser extent Higgins all fresh faced kids buzzing around less than 50 games. It’s not a sustainable role that you can play your whole career in my opinion.
Good point

Agree with all of this.

Carry on.

Naaaahhhh...this is a Viola...a musical instrument!

A viola by Joan Guillami filius, mid 18th century - Bishop Instruments & Bows

Hope you’re right and we can select them with our r2s , like Balta and CCJ , no problem
CCJ is exactly what I'm talking about. He's done nothing! Balta on the other hand was seen as a top line athlete and worth the risk. The last thing we need is KPP players of ordinary ability who take years to develope just to be a very average footballer.

Yes I'm for drafting KPP types but not when the pool is considered to be quite bare.

CCJ is exactly what I'm talking about. He's done nothing! Balta on the other hand was seen as a top line athlete and worth the risk. The last thing we need is KPP players of ordinary ability who take years to develope just to be a very average footballer.

Yes I'm for drafting KPP types but not when the pool is considered to be quite bare.

I was shattered when tigers drafted ccj ahead of balta

Richo was always a wingman, look at the Allies match where he was played on the wing years before at RFC.

Lloyd said he has never seen two 202cm work. Why would 199cm and 202cm work forgetting about the salary cap allocation?

Richo was shorter and more athletic

It was still an argument made at the time not to pick Franklin. That they were too similar. I guess the question is how good are the two 202cms, what are their points of difference, how well will they be coached and what stages are they in their careers.

That is do you ignore a key position player of that quality, that wants to come to you. who could fill that role for the next decade, because you are concerned that a player in Lynch who will be turning 31 in the 2023 might have some adjustment issues. I'd say the answer is no, if you can make it work salary cap and trade wise (massive ifs).

Personally I hope we don't need him, but I'd be amazed we aren't at least keeping in contact with his management. Let's just hope Ryan comes on leaps and bounds next year.

I’ve long held the view that 90% of small forward are gone after 3-4 seasons . They get found out , lack the tricks to go into midfield and their stocks very quickly whittle away. Not even convinced koz Pickett will be in the 10% category. The Betts , papley Milne Breust are rare as hens teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back