Dan Andrews vs Gladys Berejiklian: Whose damage is worse?

Who caused more damage:

• Dan Andrews

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Glad Berijiklian

Votes: 68 66.7%

• Total voters

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Absolutely disgusting from the protestors using the shrine for protection and attention seeking. Hope all of them get whats coming to them.

Anyone still thinking Dictator Dan is ahead of or neck and neck Aunty Gladys in terms of pandemic management?
not ahead. I ticked both, and right now they are tracking similarly (will admit the freedoms or lack thereof doesn't affect me as HCW)
i'm a little more confident that NSW has plateaued than victoria
was not too fussed about the aged care deaths personally, more concern for delta seemingly affecting younger populations more
would like data published on trackers of vaccinated cases in hospital vs unvaccinated cases in hospital (as well as total case numbers of vaccinated vs unvaccinated) as it would provide data to refute those who would seek to undermine vaccine efficacy by quoting some overseas studies with uncertain methodology.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
not ahead. I ticked both, and right now they are tracking similarly (will admit the freedoms or lack thereof doesn't affect me as HCW)
i'm a little more confident that NSW has plateaued than victoria
was not too fussed about the aged care deaths personally, more concern for delta seemingly affecting younger populations more
would like data published on trackers of vaccinated cases in hospital vs unvaccinated cases in hospital (as well as total case numbers of vaccinated vs unvaccinated) as it would provide data to refute those who would seek to undermine vaccine efficacy by quoting some overseas studies with uncertain methodology.

Its information that’s been asked for a lot at press conferences but never given, are they gathering this information on cases or not? The hospitalisation figures they have but never the cases. Be interested to know, although someone could also just compare the databases to gather it but they’ve obviously got more important things to do.

Its information that’s been asked for a lot at press conferences but never given, are they gathering this information on cases or not? The hospitalisation figures they have but never the cases. Be interested to know, although someone could also just compare the databases to gather it but they’ve obviously got more important things to do.
While I do tend to ask COVID patients if they were vaccinated I’m not recording it in a central database. And while theoretically you could cross reference vs Medicare number I suspect there’s holes (I cited that my vaccinated wife got her proof sent in her maiden name on her parents Medicare card even though we married over 20 years and shared Medicare cards)

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
At the moment people are dying in NSW, at home, undiagnosed, because hospitals are chockers.

Screenshot_20210925-182400_Facebook.jpg

Unfortunately, I think this is a problem all of Australia will face.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
At the moment people are dying in NSW, at home, undiagnosed, because hospitals are chockers.

Unfortunately, I think this is a problem all of Australia will face.
If he was diagnosed and then sent home despite needing hospitalisation because hospitals were beyond capacity then we'd have something to worry about.

Your post makes zero sense.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Are you thick?

If a clinician can't get to you and you choose to go home, or are sent home, that's a problem.
Are you thick? He wasn't diagnosed, hadn't been tested or sought medical attention.

You're response is almost identical to my response, calling your initial point out as stupid.

Please tell me how the (not at capacity) NSW health system contributed to this death?

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
And victoria surpases nsw.

For all her failings (and they have been dramatic)gladys has some how come out of this on top.

about to open nsw to the rest of the world. About to bring back all the freedoms we once took for granted. They arent there yet mind you but in Q1 next year nsw looks like winning the battle of the states.

no one ultimatly cares about the hospitals or deaths. We dont experience other peoples health issues ourselves. We all experience the lockdowns and loss of freedoms.

f*** me. She is utterly incompotent and she will win this thing.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
And victoria surpases nsw.

For all her failings (and they have been dramatic)gladys has some how come out of this on top.

about to open nsw to the rest of the world. About to bring back all the freedoms we once took for granted. They arent there yet mind you but in Q1 next year nsw looks like winning the battle of the states.

no one ultimatly cares about the hospitals or deaths. We dont experience other peoples health issues ourselves. We all experience the lockdowns and loss of freedoms.

f*** me. She is utterly incompotent and she will win this thing.
It depends on how you measure success and what you value in leadership.

NSW has taken more risks, and sought to balance the prosperity and mental health with the physical health of its constituents. At the same time NSW has taken the lions share of and will be the first state to completely reopen to returning travellers.

Good luck or good management aside there is not a single KPI that Victoria can claim. Days in lockdown, deaths, vaccines, violent protests all far, far worse.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dan easily,
most cases
most deaths
most days in lockdown
most school days lost
most days in this unnecessary curfew
most businesses going bust
most scare mongering
most people losing their livelihoods
most calls to lifeline
most lies
most excuses
most mean spirited and useless rules
most arrests by ‘in his pocket’ police force

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
It depends on how you measure success and what you value in leadership.

NSW has taken more risks, and sought to balance the prosperity and mental health with the physical health of its constituents. At the same time NSW has taken the lions share of and will be the first state to completely reopen to returning travellers.

Good luck or good management aside there is not a single KPI that Victoria can claim. Days in lockdown, deaths, vaccines, violent protests all far, far worse.

I still think there is a fair bit to play out, plenty of time for health systems to be overrun, and backtracking etc.

This applies to either Vic or NSW, or in future, other states as sooner or later they will need to open up.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I still think there is a fair bit to play out, plenty of time for health systems to be overrun, and backtracking etc.

This applies to either Vic or NSW, or in future, other states as sooner or later they will need to open up.
Whilst I don't disagree there is already a narrative that is and will continue to be pushed that the health systems are overrun regardless of performance. It will run at sub optimal levels (as it already does from time to time) and the media will be canvassing stressed paramedics and nurses for quotes to push the narrative.

I have every confidence that it will 'cope', which by definition means there will be difficulty.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Are you thick? He wasn't diagnosed, hadn't been tested or sought medical attention.

You're response is almost identical to my response, calling your initial point out as stupid.

Please tell me how the (not at capacity) NSW health system contributed to this death?
Things aren't progressing well it seems.

Larger numbers dying at home which is concerning.

Maybe screw your head on straight and stop barracking.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Things aren't progressing well it seems.

Larger numbers dying at home which is concerning.

Maybe screw your head on straight and stop barracking.
If you want to point to a source with info of positive cases sent home from hospital and then dying I am happy to continue the debate

Back