Traded Will Brodie [traded with #19, #61, #69 to Fremantle for F2, F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve always been a fan when he’s played in the midfield. I’ve been confused as why he hasn’t got more of a go because he has elite clearance, tackle potential two years ago.

Obviously I can only see so much via tv and stats as maybe he is a selfish player or doesn’t set up for zones 🤷‍♂️ Gc supporters would know a lot more.

Either way I would grab him cheaply. he could be a good player.

I’ve always been a fan when he’s played in the midfield. I’ve been confused as why he hasn’t got more of a go because he has elite clearance, tackle potential two years ago.

Obviously I can only see so much via tv and stats as maybe he is a selfish player or doesn’t set up for zones 🤷‍♂️ Gc supporters would know a lot more.

Either way I would grab him cheaply. he could be a good player.

I wouldn't have minded the Swans getting him last year or the year prior, still thinks he's worth a look at tbh, but surely whoever gets him will be picking him up for a packet of chips.

23 years old, 189cm mid/forward. On the trade table to help Gold Coast make some space.

Gold Coast aren't desperate, but they're open to it. They have a couple of players who might find new homes but if it doesn't work out then they have a couple of others who can be moved to the rookie list if need be.

McPherson, also mentioned above, has a separate thread here: Darcy MacPherson [OOC 2022]

Honestly theres a glut of not so good, slow inside mids that are on the scrap heap.
Brodie's only claim to fame is his high draft number, which he has comprehensively shown to be an over investment.
Him and all of the Sun's 4 first rounders in 2016 were only selected after agreeing that they would sign 4 year extensions.
None of them have lived up to expectations.
With Gold Coast's contracted list, he looks a likely candidate to be payed out and delisted

Honestly theres a glut of not so good, slow inside mids that are on the scrap heap.
Brodie's only claim to fame is his high draft number, which he has comprehensively shown to be an over investment.
Him and all of the Sun's 4 first rounders in 2016 were only selected after agreeing that they would sign 4 year extensions.

With Gold Coast's contracted list, he looks a likely candidate to be payed out and delisted
Jack Scrimshaw says hi, but yeah, he's not there anymore.

Brodie has had interest at different times, but no one has prioritised him to bring him home.

Jack Scrimshaw says hi, but yeah, he's not there anymore.

Brodie has had interest at different times, but no one has prioritised him to bring him home.
Skrimshaw was lucky to get out early, but he's certainly not the Bont clone recruiters thought he could be. Good scope as a defender tho

Bowes was quite good last year as a distributor off half back, Ainsworth was probably our best forward through the 2nd half of the year providing some good link up.

They aren't the stars we had hoped but they are both easily best 22 when fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skrimshaw was lucky to get out early, but he's certainly not the Bont clone recruiters thought he could be. Good scope as a defender tho
Not yet anyway.

Would take him at Port. Still only young, good size and can find the ball.

Seems to be a very good clearance player when he has played and given he’s only 23, next to Boak and Wines he could go alright.

Not expecting him to become an A grade player but think he could still play a role.

I really liked and wanted Brodie in his draft year. We don't really have the need for another inside mid now. I'd like to see him get a go at it.

Would be the absolute perfect fit for us with Nick Daicos, Josh Daicos and Finlay Macrae representing our core midfield group with both skill and speed.

Brodie would be immense, but given our list management team I don't have my hopes up.

I can’t believe he hasn’t fired a shot at AFL level yet given his junior output. I’d like to take a punt on him.
So would I. To be honest I dont think he's been given a fair decent run at it.
The games I saw him play circa 2019 I didn't think he was that bad at all. He's no world beater but a big body that can find the footy and tackle hard wouldn't go a stray. Only 23!

Was fortunate enough to spend some time with him last year an event, bloody great kid, honest, determined and confident he can make it at the right club who needs his type of player.

He understand his role isnt for every club. Stated he didnt think a club like the Tigers would want him, a club like the Blues has someone elite in his role already etc etc. He also knew the bloke (???) from thre crows had played his role to a level that kept him out in a year that he expected to command a spot himself.

Personally I would love the Tigers to take him, would cost eff all so well worth the risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back