News Lewis Young requests trade to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this line a lot.

Get 35 and 52 for SPS and 64.
Send 6 and 52 to Freo for Cerra.
Send 25 and 35 to WB for 17 and Young

Take 17 to the draft for Wanganeen-Milera (wing with x-factor), Sinn (pacy half back to develop behind Saad), or get lucky with a forward like Rachele sliding.

That’s reasonable I reckon

If we land Cerra, Hewitt, Young and a pick inside 20 that’s about as good an off-season as imaginable in our position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Or just don’t bring in non AFL standard players? Assuming majority of you don’t watch many AFL games outside of Carltons so not arguing. Half the people here asked who Lewis Young is.
you're amazing

Or just don’t bring in non AFL standard players? Assuming majority of you don’t watch many AFL games outside of Carltons so not arguing. Half the people here asked who Lewis Young is.

Oh, I watch plenty of other sides mate. Been a Supercoach tragic for years and have the run of the TV after 7pm most nights. So not only do I watch the games, but I typically pay a bit of attention to the players themselves.

Young is clearly capable, played almost half the season for the Dogs as a 22yo tall. Didn't dominate, but if he had he wouldn't be on the market, and wouldn't be cheap.

Would be great to pick up another Weitering for a token pick, but nobody that good is available that cheap, nor would we have the cap space to pay our depth players $800k a year.

We could shell out for an elite tall and push Jones to the reserves, but not at the same time as trading for Cerra.

We could draft another project tall in the fourth round, but they're not going to offer anything at senior level for years.

So yeah - Lewis Young. Cheap, young-ish, possible upside but no major lost investment if he doesn't kick on. You don't have to be excited about it, but trading in these sorts of players is standard practice for all clubs.

I like making correct decisions our list. Sorry again you think every player that comes to our club is first class….did you see him play for dogs ? Tell me what aspects you thought were appealing?
You'd prefer a no legged no shoulder aging Levi? To a 22 year old? Who has more talent than Levi ever did (yet to be seen if he has the dedication and never give up self improvement attitude of Levi). Spectacularly odd take, especially as he isn't going to cost much whatsoever.

You'd prefer a no legged no shoulder aging Levi? To a 22 year old? Who has more talent than Levi ever did (yet to be seen if he has the dedication and never give up self improvement attitude of Levi). Spectacularly odd take, especially as he isn't going to cost much whatsoever.

I was hoping we would go to the draft and back ourselves to find a key position player we could groom for 2-3 years with a higher ceiling than a guy who I think won’t make it.

I was hoping we would go to the draft and back ourselves to find a key position player we could groom for 2-3 years with a higher ceiling than a guy who I think won’t make it.

How do you know we won't do that as well? Why are they mutually exclusive events?

Key words You think. I'll back the clubs thought process which aligns with mine independently. Especially as this is a draft where there's almost no exposed form for the hopefuls. Of any year to take a 22 year old over an unknown this is it.

Key words You think. I'll back the clubs thought process which aligns with mine independently. Especially as this is a draft where there's almost no exposed form for the hopefuls. Of any year to take a 22 year old over an unknown this is it.

I would agree if the 22 year old showed signs of being a first 22 type player. Maybe we back ourselves with later picks regardless and still find another tall to add to the list?

It's the right decision for Young to leave, a lack of intensity and not being given a run of games have led to him not coming on as much as expected after his first season. He has a very high ceiling if he could put it all together and would be best used as a third tall defender, he's definitely not a ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young is not my favourite for a spot, but at 200+ cm, he would be our tallest defender.
I'd like to have a go at some kids like Bazzo or Gibcus. But we don't seem that interested.

Young is not my favourite for a spot, but at 200+ cm, he would be our tallest defender.
I'd like to have a go at some kids like Bazzo or Gibcus. But we don't seem that interested.
How doe s trading for Young preclude us from an interest in Bazzo? Massive chance our first live pick will go on a key position prospect. Don’t be surprised if we do a trade to get us ‘dogs first rounder for ours and a traded second rounder to facilitate just that.

Young, who was previously a forward as a junior with Sturt and spent time at both ends in the VFL this season, took nine marks on debut – including six intercept – to be among the Bulldogs best in their win over Carlton yesterday.

Not so interested in what Wisp said about comparing Young (upon his 2017 debut vs Carlton) to Jake Lever.....yet, what grabbed my eye was what Lachie Hunter saw....

Hunter said that he enjoyed seeing the first-gamer provide Carlton’s Levi Casboult with some feedback after the big Blue missed a simple goal in the final term.

“I thought it was pretty good, you don’t often see that some a first-gamer. It normally takes a couple of years to start to get into the opposition.”

I also think Young took a memorable hangar on poor Kreuzer's head that day. Haven't found the highlight (or lowlight if your Kreuzer) of that mark......

Young, who was previously a forward as a junior with Sturt and spent time at both ends in the VFL this season, took nine marks on debut – including six intercept – to be among the Bulldogs best in their win over Carlton yesterday.

Not so interested in what Wisp said about comparing Young (upon his 2017 debut vs Carlton) to Jake Lever.....yet, what grabbed my eye was what Lachie Hunter saw....

Hunter said that he enjoyed seeing the first-gamer provide Carlton’s Levi Casboult with some feedback after the big Blue missed a simple goal in the final term.

“I thought it was pretty good, you don’t often see that some a first-gamer. It normally takes a couple of years to start to get into the opposition.”

I also think Young took a memorable hangar on poor Kreuzer's head that day. Haven't found the highlight (or lowlight if your Kreuzer) of that mark......
"from a basketball background"... ;)

Umm, we can still do that. Last time I looked need to take minimum 3 selections

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Weiner's.....

Would the real Weiters please stand up and save my insightful reply from this phallic imposter!

Weiters???!!....

WEITERS!!!!?????....

damn it.
That's it, I'm calling him Weiners from now on.

What do you expect we do if jones/weiters/tdk go down? No Levi to back up. It’s ready made insurance and back up and will cost stuff all. No one else we pick will be ready. I don’t really see the problem. Nice and versatile

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back