Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish him well, maybe we didn't have room in the soft cap?

On the same, or maybe a different note, I'm not really sure - I have to be honest...I'm a bit disappointed in his and Jones' reactions to our win. Understand the personal disappointment at missing out, but they've come across as pretty bitter. Jonesy in particular - haven't seen a thing from him aside from that picture of them on FaceTime. And Gawn came out and said they were just happy he'd picked up the phone.
Honestly this is ****ed.

They're both in their 30s. They have families. They don't need social media posts to prove they're happy

If someone doesn't post on social media and that automatically makes them bitter that's a ****ed up world.

Jones just had ******* twins mate, he spent the whole week in the lead up doing shows and then FaceTimed the players at the siren. The hell else so you want from him?

Even if they are a little bitter how could you possibly blame them. Both been warriors for the club and missed out by 10-15 games each. Meanwhile blow ins like Jordan and Brown etc are melbourne premiership players.

On the same, or maybe a different note, I'm not really sure - I have to be honest...I'm a bit disappointed in his and Jones' reactions to our win. Understand the personal disappointment at missing out, but they've come across as pretty bitter. Jonesy in particular - haven't seen a thing from him aside from that picture of them on FaceTime. And Gawn came out and said they were just happy he'd picked up the phone.

You're projecting. Jones especially has been all class with the amount of time the media were putting into him.

Look up the photo of him facetiming Harmes after the game. He is a picture of pure joy.

Neither Jones nor Jetta owe this club or the supporters anything.

Honestly this is f’ed.

They're both in their 30s. They have families. They don't need social media posts to prove they're happy

If someone doesn't post on social media and that automatically makes them bitter that's a f’ed up world.

Jones just had ******* twins mate, he spent the whole week in the lead up doing shows and then FaceTimed the players at the siren. The hell else so you want from him?

Even if they are a little bitter how could you possibly blame them. Both been warriors for the club and missed out by 10-15 games each. Meanwhile blow ins like Jordan and Brown etc are melbourne premiership players.
Mate the Jones' are very active social media people and have been for years. Their silence speaks for how they feel. I'm not demanding anything, I'm just a bit sad about it if this has all led to a fracture in the relationship.

Mate the Jones' are very active social media people and have been for years. Their silence speaks for how they feel. I'm not demanding anything, I'm just a bit sad about it if this has all led to a fracture in the relationship.

Just spent 30 seconds looking at both their IG's. Nathan's last post was his retirement message and his last footy related post before that was his 300th. His wifes IG is identical to every white woman's social media feed I've ever seen.

Watch his interview on the couch or his stuff in the Fox Footy build up on GF day. You are totally making s**t up out of nothing about people who have given everything to this club and deserve nothing but admiration for the way they played their careers. All because they haven't posted a public post on social media saying "Go Dees what a win."

Last edited:
Just spent 30 seconds looking at both their IG's. Nathan's last post was his retirement message and his last footy related post before that was his 300th. His wifes is identical to every white woman's social media feed I've ever seen.

Watch his interview on the couch or his stuff in the Fox Footy build up. You are totally making sh*t up out of nothing about people who have given everything to this club and deserve nothing but admiration for the way they played their careers. All because they haven't posted a public post on social media saying "Go Dees what a win."
You're aware that they post every other day on their stories right? That's the point I'm making. I'm not making anything up, he's admitted that he's disappointed. Nor am I trying to make a big deal out of it.

You're aware that they post every other day on their stories right? That's the point I'm making. I'm not making anything up, he's admitted that he's disappointed. Nor am I trying to make a big deal out of it.
I'd be disappointed too if I were in his position. It's totally normal to feel envious of the success of your friends and colleagues, especially when you know you can no longer achieve what they have. I simply don't see any evidence that either Jones or Jetta have left the club on bad terms, and I don't think either of them deserve judgement for any feelings they might have had in finishing their careers without achieving the ultimate.

Bob Murphy said the 2016 Grand Final was the best and worst day of his football life and it was difficult for him to deal with in the aftermath but he still loves the club and hopes for its success.

Not sure if someone has posted this here already but I saw this was posted on the afl subreddit. Fantastic effort from whoever put it together.

Source:
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/q1nobx/to_hell_and_back_premiers_at_last/

Amazing ride.

Not sure if someone has posted this here already but I saw this was posted on the afl subreddit. Fantastic effort from whoever put it together.

Source:
Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/q1nobx/to_hell_and_back_premiers_at_last/

Good effort but games were all out of whack and missed obvious things like the Collingwood loss 2017. Gotta be better videos out there

Other than Kozzy why does he have to stay at Melbourne?
How many indigenous blokes do we have at the club these days? May is one, but I'm not sure about anyone else. Hopefully a few so that Kozzy feels like he's got some company. Nev was obviously a huge presence for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many indigenous blokes do we have at the club these days? May is one, but I'm not sure about anyone else. Hopefully a few so that Kozzy feels like he's got some company. Nev was obviously a huge presence for him.
Bedford aswell. This shits tedious as * though. Clearly he respects nev but it gets to a weird point when you say we need a Qouta of black fellas to keep Koz happy when know one even knows.

Nevs still gonna work up the road. Doubt he severs all ties to individuals.

If the club felt Koz needed it that bad I'm sure we would have kept him

Bedford and I think Deakyn Smith too (NGA pickup last pre-season).

Is Kozz still loving with Nev? They are related too so he'll keep in touch no doubt.
Last I heard he was living with Trac

Bedford aswell. This shits tedious as fu** though. Clearly he respects nev but it gets to a weird point when you say we need a Qouta of black fellas to keep Koz happy when know one even knows.

Nevs still gonna work up the road. Doubt he severs all ties to individuals.

If the club felt Koz needed it that bad I'm sure we would have kept him
Bit haughty, mate. I just think it's a proven fact that the indigenous boys like to hang out with each other. I'm glad we've got a few, so I'm happy for Nev to move on if that's what he wants.

Bit haughty, mate. I just think it's a proven fact that the indigenous boys like to hang out with each other. I'm glad we've got a few, so I'm happy for Nev to move on if that's what he wants.
🤦‍♂️

Good effort but games were all out of whack and missed obvious things like the Collingwood loss 2017. Gotta be better videos out there
Can’t wait for yours.

I can’t even do any of that so it was good enough for me.

Can’t wait for yours.

I can’t even do any of that so it was good enough for me.

I enjoyed it. Thought they skipped Tracs dribbler but was just out of order.

There were a bunch of early season games/moments I had already forgotten about. It got me thinking that at some point I may go back and rewatch all/most of the games from the season.

Sorry everything ever created is fantastic 🙂
Shut up grumpy. If my parents have hung onto the massive misshapen clay ashtray decorated cleverly with a bright green painted clay snake with black stripes around the rim I made them 38 years ago then you can tolerate a historical edited video with some license given to the chronology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back