Club Focus North Melbourne 2021 - Greenwood, Coleman-Jones, Horne-Francis, Goater, Curtis, Bergman, Archer

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell did Ziebell get a 2 year deal? I know it doesn’t matter as North have a ton of cap space but I would have thought they’d be trying to transition him out of the side as early as next year.
Will you have the same reaction if Heppell gets 2 next year when he is out of contract? Both captains pushed to the back line this year and Ziebell had a good year.

Will you have the same reaction if Heppell gets 2 next year when he is out of contract? Both captains pushed to the back line this year and Ziebell had a good year.

Yes I will. I even mentioned him in my next comment as someone who has similar issues to Ziebell.

Heppell had a strong year too and was a valuable leader like Ziebell for a backline with very little experience. I still think long term both sides will want more dynamic and flexible players in that 6th/7th defender role.

Yes I will. I even mentioned him in my next comment as someone who has similar issues to Ziebell.

Heppell had a strong year too and was a valuable leader like Ziebell for a backline with very little experience. I still think long term both sides will want more dynamic and flexible players in that 6th/7th defender role.
I would say it was more the Tarrant effect and concerns over experience and leadership in a backline that will be filtering in a lot of kids over the next 2 years.

North Melbourne is looking to sign Tom Lynch from the crows as a delisted free agent.

Saw this in today's Adelaide advertiser's paper

He's going to come over as a playing forwards coach for our VFL side. We may look to add him to our rookie list to avoid soft cap issues but the intent is that he won't play seniors.

As it stands
4 delisted so far.
Tarrant out to Richmond.
CCJ and Lynch(maybe) in so far. + 3 rookie picks (1 less if CCJ PSD)
4 left without contracts for 2022.
Atley, Dumont, Campbell and Ham.
List numbers are tight.
Lynch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Adelaide want to swap pick #4 for pick #1... and they also give North TWO first round picks next season??

And North have knocked it back?

Still getting pick #4 this year, not having to worry about Horne-Francis going home in a few years, PLUS holding three first rounders next year? That could totally supercharge a rebuild.

North are off their freakin dials if they don't take this deal. [imho]

So Adelaide want to swap pick #4 for pick #1... and they also give North TWO first round picks next season??

Still getting pick #4 this year, not having to worry about Horne-Francis going home in a few years, PLUS holding three first rounders next year? That could totally supercharge a rebuild.

Yeah I agree, I would have taken the deal.

Next year's crop is pretty good too apparently

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Insane not to take that deal

There’s a future second going back, which for North could be basically be almost a late first rounder, and one of the future firsts is Melbourne’s. It’s not as great as it first appears.

Counter argument, the Crows are at pretty much the same stage of a rebuild (albeit carrying an older midfield) and they rate JHF enough not only to trade three of their own first rounders but also jeopardise a deal for Dawson as one of those picks surely should be involved in a trade to the Swans. We're also still going to have one (probably top 5) pick next year and the second rounder going back means that third first rounder is likely around a five pick upgrade considering it is a Demons death ride.

If they rate him that highly maybe we do too and I'd rather have him than draft outside of the genuine top tier this season and speculate on how well the Crows do next year with JHF added to their list.

Counter argument, the Crows are at pretty much the same stage of a rebuild (albeit carrying an older midfield) and they rate JHF enough not only to trade three of their own first rounders but also jeopardise a deal for Dawson as one of those picks surely should be involved in a trade to the Swans. We're also still going to have one (probably top 5) pick next year and the second rounder going back means that third first rounder is likely around a five pick upgrade considering it is a Demons death ride.

If they rate him that highly maybe we do too and I'd rather have him than draft outside of the genuine top tier this season and speculate on how well the Crows do next year with JHF added to their list.
Yeah but THREE first rounders???

There’s a future second going back, which for North could be basically be almost a late first rounder, and one of the future firsts is Melbourne’s. It’s not as great as it first appears.
It’s still probably two top five picks for one, before the 1-8 pick upgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back