Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster didn’t know who it was. Just some clues.

I’m certain they know who it is/was, but don’t want to say. Possibly they will after all this trade period crap is over. Otherwise, my DM’s are open RedWhite&Blue 😘

Buku was originally Cat A which was a bit strange I thought. Did he then get move to cat B?
I forgot McNeil as a rookie. I assume he gets kept

Bit of a contrast between 2021 & 2020 trade periods…..

I don’t mind it. Players do get better with each preseason. Sweetie sweet cakes will tear it down next year.

Wonder what the record is for overall lowest number of trades? Close. May as well condense it into one day.

Think it's a case of limited list spots, cash and not a huge amount of players wanting too move. So has made for a less than thrilling trade period.
yea thats probs alot of it but damn would be super cool if a left field unexpected player got traded in these last 2 hours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 hours to go Sam Power steal someone mate go on make us happy

So Wallis and Roarke are confirmed to have re-signed. Has Martin officially signed? When he does, we're left with two open list spots, and we await the presumed announcement that Cavarra and Hayes have been delisted, and then we have four spots. Which, then, begs the question, why do we have five picks with points?

So Wallis and Roarke are confirmed to have re-signed. Has Martin officially signed? When he does, we're left with two open list spots, and we await the presumed announcement that Cavarra and Hayes have been delisted, and then we have four spots. Which, then, begs the question, why do we have five picks with points?
There’s a lot of assumptions being made in this post. I don’t think anyone on the board knows the exact treatment of certain players on list spots but I guarantee you the guys paid to do this at the club do.

If we use 4 picks to match Darcy, then we’ll need to draft 4 players including Darcy. Being our 1 remaining pick… plus 2 at the very end of the draft?

Martin can be rookied. Hayes and Cav are already rookies.

With Wallis extending, unless someone has already been moved to the rookie list or there's rules the general public aren't aware of, we won't be able to bring 5 live picks. I can only assume there's some missing information somewhere because based on list numbers, and the changes so far, we won't have 5 open spots

Bob Hill in tears. Not sure how you go from wanting to extend your contract at current club to wanting to move to Melbourne within the space of a month and to now cry about now getting your way. Seems a baby not getting his bottle.
Good. Also Essendon if you give a guy 4 years on good coin you must pay up!

Bob Hill in tears. Not sure how you go from wanting to extend your contract at current club to wanting to move to Melbourne within the space of a month and to now cry about now getting your way. Seems a baby not getting his bottle.
He really should never have nominated Essendon. Not only did it reduce GWS' options, especially by selecting a club they have a poor relationship with, but it also meant he lost sympathy from the general public since it nullified the "family needs" argument. If you really needed to get back to Victoria for a support network, you'd be happy with North Melbourne or whatever other club showed interest. It's why, despite Tim Kelly's clear and valid reasons for wanting to return to WA, my sympathy for him was limited thanks to him emphatically ruling out Fremantle as a trade destination.

It's no crime to have your preference, but you should not be publicly nominating a club unless you're certain a trade can be arranged. I'm sure one of the other Vic clubs would have been happy to pay the price and get him back to Victoria where he is apparently desperate to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back