News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of underrating of Lycett round these parts sheesh.
Don’t think so, a 28 to be 29 year old Ruckman who is not super athletic, in the last few years he has really slowed down as the year has dragged on and I wonder how he would be fairing today if not for the mid year 4 week break. Just being a realist, fair chance the cliff comes quickly for our warhorse, hope he can squeeze in one or two more flags yet!

Don’t think so, a 28 to be 29 year old Ruckman who is not super athletic, in the last few years he has really slowed down as the year has dragged on and I wonder how he would be fairing today if not for the mid year 4 week break. Just being a realist, fair chance the cliff comes quickly for our warhorse, hope he can squeeze in one or two more flags yet!
29 is not old for a ruckman I'm tired of reading this shite.

No. He may be closer to the end than start of his career but that means jack. The only time I've seen him slow down is when he has either carried an injury or carried our whole ruck division due to not having Ladhams up to scratch til now.

No. He may be closer to the end than start of his career but that means jack. The only time I've seen him slow down is when he has either carried an injury or carried our whole ruck division due to not having Ladhams up to scratch til now.
Lycett is a journeyman ruck. He’s not beating Gawn, NicNat, Grundy. Goldstein usually beat him, Ryder as well. He’s had his colours lowered the last couple of years to some real spuds. Unless we got a young good KPD or KPF out of it we’d be mad to trade him, but how far the rating of our rucks has come down. He’s not a Primus, Lade or even Brogan level ruck. I wouldn’t say he’s been underrated at all, if anything the opposite.

Lycett is a journeyman ruck. He’s not beating Gawn, NicNat, Grundy. Goldstein usually beat him, Ryder as well. He’s had his colours lowered the last couple of years to some real spuds. Unless we got a young good KPD or KPF out of it we’d be mad to trade him, but how far the rating of our rucks has come down. He’s not a Primus, Lade or even Brogan level ruck. I wouldn’t say he’s been underrated at all, if anything the opposite.

He beat Grundy in a freaking grand final lol.

Edit: Lycett's main flaw is that he cant leap much, and is not a great tap-ruckman. But his physicality is enormous, and he just keeps presenting from beginning too end. Has been a great part of our resurgence since arriving at Port.

Without a doubt though, Ladhams and Hayes are our future, but Scotty is going to make them work hard for that #1 mantle.

Last edited:
Grundy's main flaw is that he cant leap much, and is not a great tap-ruckman. But his physicality is enormous, and he just keeps presenting from beginning too end. Has been a great part of our resurgence since arriving at Port.

Without a doubt though, Ladhams and Hayes are our future, but Scotty is going to make them work hard for that #1 mantle.
Scotty Grundy.

For West Coast, sure. For us he was given one of the absolute all time hidings by Max Gawn Nic Naitanui Toby Nankervis.

In this case stats do tell a story. Above average is 11-35% for rucks.

lycett.jpg

Disposals do drop slightly but HO, HO to adv., pressure acts tackles all consistent throughout the year although he did have that break. I think it depends on his body. Some rucks injuries will appear quickly and take them down early, other guys especially the taller ones can go on being serviceable until 34ish. The fact that he doesn't rely on his athleticism may actually work in his favour although he will need to put more work into his fitness and recovery naturally as he gets older.

(Log in to remove this ad.)