List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

I reckon Brander's got enough tools to make it, some team is going to get him for free and turn him into a decent player and we're going to look like complete dicks for ******* up his development and then losing him for nothing.
Most I can see is Staker's career at Brisbane

Other than the illogical issues, this is another example of the media fabricating ideas as news to attract attention to sell advertising.

Exactly. It is almost at the stage where a club or the AFL need to yank the chain and remind the media to report the news not make the news up. Sure journo's can have opinions that are incorrect but reporting that the club is refusing to broker a trade for an out of contract player sounds fanciful. Especially when we stated we will see what interest is out there for brander.

So if someone offered a late 2nd or future 3rd the Egles would just refuse to facilitate a trade?

Im guessing Brander's manager has been a dick feeding false info to the club, media and Brander in a desperate play to get a better deal. And waiting in the background are several clubs who would jump on him as a dfa.

Sounds like a total mess and Brander needs to change managers.

Really mixed feelings on Brander.

I have been beating the drum for a long while that we have been butchering his development and he has every right to be pissed off.

Now that he's looking like leaving for nothing I kinda want him dead.

I still think the club is looking like a total basket case atm, strange times.

If the Eagles are a basket case how do you describe Hawthorn, Collingwood, Saint Kilda and Caaaaaarlton?

Gotta love this time of the year where hack media wannabes dribble about pie in the sky hypotheticals (looking at you Cooney), ridiculously subjective nothing content (Lloydly piss off with your Top 5 crap lists) and 12 hour drivel just to spin ads (I now don't listen to Trade Radio because of this).

I've been beating this drum for a while now.

For the life of me i can't imagine what person actually enjoys this s**t.

BROWNY'S TOP 5 PLAYERS WHO HE PLAYED WITH

ROBBO'S TOP 50 OF 2021 - Who will be number one??

LLOYDS TOP 20 PLAYERS OF THE SEASON - Guaranteed to be controversial!

COONEYS TOP 50 PLAYERS OF THE SEASON - Did a player from your team make the list??

LEIGH MATTHEWS BEST PLAYERS THAT HE'S EVER COACHED

Nobody.... gives... a.... *.

If there was ONE solitary list at the end of the year that everyone got around (Triple J's Hottest 100 for example), then it would actually carry some weight and might be remotely interesting. But given there's a new list of random s**t every fortnight, i can only imagine the people that care about this is VFL flogs.

Like Obeanie1 creaming himself over jed anderson

Not comparable. At least Anderson has shown plenty at AFL level.

The real reason Id love Anderson is Im good mates with the family and they are Collingwood supporters. I just wanted to watch Eagles games wearing an Anderson Eagles shirt.

Not sure if Dark Sharks is best mates with Sheldrick's uncle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have 33 seniors contracted including SPS 3 rookies on the list plus brander who is in limbo .

We need to get to 38 and 4 or I think we go with 37 senior list and 5 rookies same as this year .

That's 4 in the national draft and 2 rookies .

It's probably a good idea to give brander a 1 or 2 year extension.

I think he would benefit from 1 year plus a trigger for a 2nd year if he plays 10-13+ games .

We don't want to be using pick 68 in the draft .

We have picks 10 29 35

We wont use pick 68.

Lions have two picks in the 50's that will fall into the late 40's.

Trade 10 and 29 for 14, 18 and 53.

Use 14, 18, 35 and 53 in the draft.

On draft night these become 16, 20, 33 and 47ish.

Changed my mind on trading a future 2nd.

For the life of me i can't imagine what person actually enjoys this sh*t.

COONEYS TOP 50 PLAYERS OF THE SEASON - Did a player from your team make the list??

Nobody.... gives... a.... fu**.

If there was ONE solitary list at the end of the year that everyone got around (Triple J's Hottest 100 for example), then it would actually carry some weight and might be remotely interesting. But given there's a new list of random sh*t every fortnight, i can only imagine the people that care about this is VFL flogs.
I’m pretty sure the Herald Sun’s top 50 is the JJJ’s equivalent however this did have much more weight when Mike Sheehan used to do it (instead of Robbo).

All in all can't be too unhappy with the outcome.

Got three decent picks to use in the draft, first time in a while and brought in potentially a good addition in SPS. Had a bunch of player signing on.
In conclusion, fold the club.

Interesting in the two interviews with ROB, the first interview he eludes to we'll definitely take another ruckman but has a totally different stance in his second interview.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10...er-potential-trade-for-contracted-midfielder/

7:05 on the above, he asked is we need a back up ruck just incase?
A: Yeah, I think so. Williams and Jamo developing well but not lead rucks yet, more likely to play fwd/ruck but won't lead it.

2:29 on here, he's asked the same question about will you look to draft a back up ruck.
A: Not at this stage, and good opportunity for Williams and Jamo.
Q: Also asked, if Nic Nat was injured are you confident BW could lead the ruck?
A: Yes, that's the plan.

Might be just me, but we are a club that always plays our cards glued to our chest when it comes to the draft! I think they've definitely got a list of second tier rucks they want, and he's flat out lied here about it to keep our interest in a back up lead ruck man under wraps.
Feels like Sweet was the target, as he would've been cheap and the next option was someone in the wafl, vfl or sanfl.

Might be just me, but we are a club that always plays our cards glued to our chest when it comes to the draft!

Oh, it’s not just you!

When was the last time our first pick was announced and everyone went “hah, well that’s no surprise, we’ve been linked to him for ages”? Sheed in 2013?

All in all can't be too unhappy with the outcome.

Got three decent picks to use in the draft, first time in a while and brought in potentially a good addition in SPS. Had a bunch of player signing on.
In conclusion, fold the club.
Yeah let’s save the melts to we draft 3 talls with our first three picks.

For the life of me i can't imagine what person actually enjoys this sh*t.

Nobody.... gives... a.... fu**.

If there was ONE solitary list at the end of the year that everyone got around (Triple J's Hottest 100 for example), then it would actually carry some weight and might be remotely interesting. But given there's a new list of random sh*t every fortnight, i can only imagine the people that care about this is VFL flogs.
I've thought this for years, what absolute snot. Who actually get's sucked into that crap ?

Interesting in the two interviews with ROB, the first interview he eludes to we'll definitely take another ruckman but has a totally different stance in his second interview.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10...er-potential-trade-for-contracted-midfielder/

7:05 on the above, he asked is we need a back up ruck just incase?
A: Yeah, I think so. Williams and Jamo developing well but not lead rucks yet, more likely to play fwd/ruck but won't lead it.

2:29 on here, he's asked the same question about will you look to draft a back up ruck.
A: Not at this stage, and good opportunity for Williams and Jamo.
Q: Also asked, if Nic Nat was injured are you confident BW could lead the ruck?
A: Yes, that's the plan.

Might be just me, but we are a club that always plays our cards glued to our chest when it comes to the draft! I think they've definitely got a list of second tier rucks they want, and he's flat out lied here about it to keep our interest in a back up lead ruck man under wraps.
Feels like Sweet was the target, as he would've been cheap and the next option was someone in the wafl, vfl or sanfl.
So we've got Nic, Williams, Jamieson and I'm not sure people realise, a now 204 cm Edwards already on the list, let alone Allen or Gov possibilities if desperate, and people want to give another list spot to a 200 plus cm Ruck option. I get the concern over Nic going down but geeze, just what percentage of the list do people want used up for this one position? I'm not sure we really want 4-5 Rucks on the list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back