News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

That is absolutely infuriating. What an absolute basket case we are becoming. So Ladhams predetermined exit was orchestrated over 12 months ago yet he played pretty much the whole season in the 1's and we didn't debut Sam Hayes. What the hell is going on down there. I am so disillusioned and hateful. #sackhinkley

I'm not saying that Ladhams has any character flaws, he breached COVID but that's as much information that I have regarding him doing wrong.
If we ASSUME that Ladhams has a flaw in character then all that I liken it to is the West Coast Eagles playing any number of Cousins, Kerr, Chick, Fletcher or Hunter when in the window for a flag. When that window closes then you retire and or trade out those that have character flaws.

I understand the club can't out right say exactly why they moved Ladhams on but you would think a statement to it's members and supporters would be in line, as to why we would trade a young up and coming 202cm ruck forward for a bag of chips.

No instead we get this bullshit about Peter wanting to be the number one ruck.

At least lie and say they see Sam as our next ruck, this club acts like they have no responsibility to it's members at all.

This was 12 months in the making, never the clubs fault hey.

Last edited:

I'm not saying that Ladhams has any character flaws, he breached COVID but that's as much information that I have regarding him doing wrong.
If we ASSUME that Ladhams has a flaw in character then all that I liken it to is the West Coast Eagles playing any number of Cousins, Kerr, Chick, Fletcher or Hunter when in the window for a flag. When that window closes then you retire and or trade out those that have character flaws.
I honestly couldn't care less about character flaws. What do we want, a bunch of choir boys? Who are we measuring them against, Saint Ken? The best coaches (ala John Cahill) would harness the talents of the individual, ratbags or not (Wayne Mahney, Rohan Smith, Adrian Settre) and have them playing wonderful team footy and bring out the best in them. All we hear is bs and spin from this new Port Adelaide that I'm not liking.

this club acts like they have no responsibility to its members at all.

They don't have any responsibility to its members.
We're just customers. Literally. Constitutionally.

Love Pistol Pete but I don't understand the outrage? For the entire season we talked about having an issue with our rucks eg we had had one extra who spent the season developing in the SANFL. We all knew if we kept all three there was going to be tears next year. We have to give Sam a go in 2022, he's proven himself and with another preseason he'll be ready next year. Anyone who has been to a magpies game has seen that Sam is going to be an amazing tap ruckman.

Watching Scooter and Pistol play this year, Scooter had more strength and presence around the ground. Ladhams is not going to take his place. We did the right thing by playing Ladhams as much as we could to get the best chance of a decent trade. We turned a rookie into 4 places up the draft and a future third. Sure, maybe we could have got a future second but with 15 minutes to go in the draft it was obvious that was Sydneys best offer.

I reckon we did well.

I honestly couldn't care less about character flaws. What do we want, a bunch of choir boys? Who are we measuring them against, Saint Ken? The best coaches (ala John Cahill) would harness the talents of the individual, ratbags or not (Wayne Mahney, Rohan Smith, Adrian Settre) and have them playing wonderful team footy and bring out the best in them. All we hear is bs and spin from this new Port Adelaide that I'm not liking.

I agree 100%, I was merely posting what Port Adelaide may have been thinking.
I really rate Ladhams as a footballer both currently and in the future.
I don't think there's many supports who would think that Hinkley is above average tactically in comparison to his peers so I question, what is Hinkley's strongest attribute. If it's 'Man Management' then letting Ladhams go is a prime example of Hinkley not being able to influence Ladhams positively and thats on the big assumption that he has character flaws to begin with.

This isn't 1980 anymore... for better or for worse the football world (Edit: the whole world really) has changed and there are certain things that don't fly anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't 1980 anymore... for better or for worse the football world (Edit: the whole world really) has changed and there are certain things that don't fly anymore.
I know that and I don't know particulars relating to Pete apart.from the facts that are well known..I do question playing Pete for the whole season at the expense of getting games into Hayes when the intent was to trade him which Cripps admitted was the case.

It's just about impossible nowadays to keep anything questionable in-house for a start, there is so much more scrutiny of clubs and players. And isn't this the same board where people were questioning whether De Goey should be allowed to play while he was waiting for charges to be heard in court.

If you are continually selecting players in season that are 'bad for culture' the toxicity lies elsewhere.

Anyone having a dramatically negative effect on the group shouldn't be playing at all.

It’s going to keep happening as well. The club had time to trade out and not draft “problems” during Kens honeymoon period, but here we are 10 years later and we still got multiple alleged problems on our list. It’s a big fail in that area by the recruiting team and selectors.

On the bright side, at least he gets to be coached by John Longmire now. That will be a huge upgrade on Hinkley.

ruck coach Dean ******* Cox

"Hey Pisty, can you be a little bit more professional off the field, put time into your game and make sure you're doing all the extras?"

News_-_Peter_Ladhams_Departs_for_Sydney___Page_43___BigFooty.png