Recommitted Tristan Xerri [contracted and requested a trade to St Kilda, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

We clearly see him replacing Goldy 34 next year

we will run a CCJ and Xerri duo going forward maybe as soon as 2023

I still think player swap was the only way this was getting done

like Xerri plus a pick for Battle

Battle and a future 4th for Xerri and a future 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What has he shown that makes North think he's worth 2nd round pick? Or is it simply that he's under contract.

12 games in 4 years, originally taken pick 72 hmmm

We got Higgins last year for a future 2nd and previously Steele.

Last edited:
Fort just got traded for a future third plus a third round pick downgrade. Xerri be worth more than him, five years younger and not as awful.

Fort just got traded for a future third plus a third round pick downgrade. Xerri be worth more than him, five years younger and not as awful.
You’d hope so.

While he has shown little, Xerri is younger and contracted. Will wait to see if they get fort value off the Saints or overs like CCJ.

You’d hope so.

While he has shown little, Xerri is younger and contracted. Will wait to see if they get fort value off the Saints or overs like CCJ.
I doubt anything is happening. North don't want him to go and the Saints don't want to pay overs.

I doubt anything is happening. North don't want him to go and the Saints don't want to pay overs.
Probably a smart move. With the eventual realisation that CCJ isn’t a first ruck, they need a successor for Goldy. Although I’d be surprised if Xerri ends up being up to the level.

What has he shown that makes North think he's worth 2nd round pick? Or is it simply that he's under contract.

12 games in 4 years, originally taken pick 72 hmmm

We got Higgins last year for a future 2nd and previously Steele.
Agree. Just let him go especially since he wants to go and we weren't going to match St Kilda's extension. Judging by the ruck roulette being the only sliver of trade movement another backup could've been picked up as well.

Don't get the hardball stance GM's have made this trade period. Trades don't have to be a pillaging by definition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

north apparently think the dodoro/carlton method of being complete pricks is the way to get results

How exactly have we been pricks, esp since SOS left, we have been very fair and reasonable traders in the past few years, IE the Cerra and SPS deals.

North have every right to hold onto a contracted and required pick rather than a junk pick from St Kilda they were never going to use anyway.

Clubs these days are holding more firm with contracted players and I think that is good.

Jeepers.
Of all the places to draw a line in the sand- sure picked an odd one here Brady.

Maybe this was like some on the job training seminar requirement?

"negotiating with confidence"

Exercise 1:

Choose 1 of the 2 following scenarios and stick to a pre-determined price; irrespective of how little is at stake or how close an unsuccessful offer may be.

Scenario 1:
Barter with your local green grocer for 1 ripe melon.

Scenario 2:
Barter with a business rival over something neither of you really care about, like a stapler or a 4th choice ruckman.

If Xerri left, Campbell would have likely stayed on the list as our back-up ruck, which isn't ideal.

Tom will presumably be delisted now. Though I hope we keep him at the club in a development role and playing VFL if he wants to.

If Xerri left, Campbell would have likely stayed on the list as our back-up ruck, which isn't ideal.

Tom will presumably be delisted now. Though I hope we keep him at the club in a development role and playing VFL if he wants to.

So it was a ploy all along. Just like when we pretended to go after Mark Blake to lure Steven King out of Geelong. Welcome to St Kilda, Tom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back