Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a nice mushroom fettuccine last night. Not a big fan of risotto personally.
Getting a chicken Parma takeaway from the local pub tonight.
I remember the first time I returned to Aust from Vietnam. Very excited to go to the pub for a parma and beers. My jaw dropped when they put the parma meal in front of me. I'd forgotten how huge Aussie pub meals are. I wondered how I was going to eat it all and fit in beers. I managed to of course and proceeded to put on 7 kgs in the three weeks of Christmas in Australia.

The Dom Perignon Oenotheque was necking a schooner at an.. 'hhoooorganised media event'. The Perignon wasn't necking the schooner in the car park en route.. 'thhhooo the event'.

Herein to with and above to for or whatever and that re lies the difference and that re sort of a thing and all that jazz and that re sort of a thing and that re.

Last edited:
This from the pizza purist. If you were consistent you'd applaud me for making risotto, rather than the meat with rice dish that gets called risotto in Aust.

You have played this hand beautifully. Framing your tightarsedness as a purist connoiseur. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Nice work good sir.

I'll remain aware of and amused by the reverence for a NSW premier who has done little other than open some doors...

I hope I’m wrong. I’d rather be pressimistic and be pleasantly surprised. Same reason why I bet always bet against Collingwood.

The biggest threats against a good outcome for Victoria are in ascending order of seriousness (a) any slowing down of the vaccination program and (b) Kirby .

The biggest threats against a good outcome for Victoria are in ascending order of seriousness (a) any slowing down of the vaccination program and (b) Kirby .

No fear on the latter threat. The wicker man is almost ready. I'm inviting everyone around for a celebratory bonfire and beer. Might be good to bring some earplugs though, the burning can be loud and may to some sound a bit like screaming.

Kirby just a random question - your height, weight, shoulder width, flammability? Just...no reason.

No fear on the latter threat. The wicker man is almost ready. I'm inviting everyone around for a celebratory bonfire and beer. Might be good to bring some earplugs though, the burning can be loud and may to some sound a bit like screaming.

Kirby just a random question - your height, weight, shoulder width, flammability? Just...no reason.

Had me at bonfire you big flirt!!! Not sure who's worse, you or Phil Inn (or should it be Phil Out given recent events?)...

It's poetic, to cry freedom while other people pay the price for it.

But as I say, I'm in favour of going through with the roadmap. The government maintains its resolve as well.
It's more poetic to agonise about death, despite its inevitability, and glory in and encourage self sacrifice.

The road map was always something that was going to need adjustment as fresh data came in, but it looks like it's going to be followed regardless. It was a silly announcement, but more and more it's looking like the predictions were erring on the negative as they based it on affects of Delta with lower vaxed rates than Aust is going to get to and significantly on results in countries that had many that were more than 6 months vaxed - when efficacy wanes.

Melbourne could choose to remain in houses for another couple of months to reduce deaths, at which point they could then choose another 2 months to reduce deaths, at which point... They could choose to make life s**t for millions in order to extend the lives of hundreds or thousands. But how is that for the greater good.

It's more poetic to agonise about death, despite its inevitability, and glory in and encourage self sacrifice.

The road map was always something that was going to need adjustment as fresh data came in, but it looks like it's going to be followed regardless. It was a silly announcement, but more and more it's looking like the predictions were erring on the negative as they based it on affects of Delta with lower vaxed rates than Aust is going to get to and significantly on results in countries that had many that were more than 6 months vaxed - when efficacy wanes.

Melbourne could choose to remain in houses for another couple of months to reduce deaths, at which point they could then choose another 2 months to reduce deaths, at which point... They could choose to make life sh*t for millions in order to extend the lives of hundreds or thousands. But how is that for the greater good.

The roadmap is going to be followed. I've agreed that it should be followed. I'm really not sure why you're still trying to put forward the case for why it should be followed.

Mysteries abound.

The roadmap is going to be followed. I've agreed that it should be followed. I'm really not sure why you're still trying to put forward the case for why it should be followed.

Mysteries abound.
Because you continue to highlight the inevitable deaths. They will occur. They will be sad. Everyone knows that. And life will go back to being grand, beautiful and ugly, rather than just mind numbingly boring, before it ends in death.

Last 7 days in the UK:
281k positive cases
5.5k people admitted to hospital
818 deaths
79% of population over 12 fully vaccinated
So why are the remaining 20% not vaccinated? There will a tiny percentage unable to be vaccinated, but why should the other 80% give up a life of freedom for the sake of those who refuse the jab? What are you insinuating should happen? That every country locks down until the virus runs out of steam? Besides, our percentage of vaccinated people will be significantly higher. Hiding from the virus can't continue forever and it's becoming increasingly obvious that lockdown and shutting borders has a very finite use by date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because you continue to highlight the inevitable deaths. They will occur. They will be sad. Everyone knows that. And life will go back to being grand, beautiful and ugly, rather than just mind numbingly boring, before it ends in death.

No, I haven't really been highlighting inevitable deaths.

My concern has been to point out that the roadmap isn't conservative, that it isn't risk-averse, that is isn't a health policy which looks to bubble-wrap the State for as long as possible.

I thought I made that clear in my first post of the day. Maybe not. Apologies.

Edit: Nice poetic whimsy.

Emphasis on round

Who said that?

308ede6392300d93089c7ebbf2469a19.jpg

No, I haven't really been highlighting inevitable deaths.

My concern has been to point out that the roadmap isn't conservative, that it isn't risk-averse, that is isn't a health policy which looks to bubble-wrap the State for as long as possible.

I thought I made that clear in my first post of the day. Maybe not. Apologies.

Edit: Nice poetic whimsy.
I get confused by the term conservative in all of this. Its not long ago that we all looked in on shock when China went down a radical path of implementing a lockdown. And we all conservatively thought it wasn't possible.

21 months later and all of a sudden being in lockdown is viewed as conservative. Meanwhile, we've now got a decent idea about the consequences of not being in lockdown, but the biggest unknown in it all is what are the long term effects of extended lockdown? Is it conservative to be in long term lockdown or is that radical?

So why are the remaining 20% not vaccinated? There will a tiny percentage unable to be vaccinated, but why should the other 80% give up a life of freedom for the sake of those who refuse the jab? What are you insinuating should happen? That every country locks down until the virus runs out of steam? Besides, our percentage of vaccinated people will be significantly higher. Hiding from the virus can't continue forever and it's becoming increasingly obvious that lockdown and shutting borders has a very finite use by date.
Those are the current facts in the UK, where vaccination rates are higher than Australia.

Sure, but you haven't answered my questions.
I don’t have the answers. What’s going on in the UK shows that covid will impact our lives well into 2022.
Of course I don’t think we should remain in lockdowns forever. But, I am concerned we are moving too quickly, and not heading the lessons of the UK.

I get confused by the term conservative in all of this. Its not long ago that we all looked in on shock when China went down a radical path of implementing a lockdown. And we all conservatively thought it wasn't possible.

21 months later and all of a sudden being in lockdown is viewed as conservative. Meanwhile, we've now got a decent idea about the consequences of not being in lockdown, but the biggest unknown in it all is what are the long term effects of extended lockdown? Is it conservative to be in long term lockdown or is that radical?

I clearly linked conservative with the term 'risk-averse', in a hope that confusion would be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back