Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an inability to recognise that the person they framed in their mind as an enemy, may actually not be so bad after all.
LOL No. It's a reflection of what a sad lying career politician Dan is. I'm sorry, but I cannot take him seriously anymore. Give me James Merlino any day.

When I heard Dan announce how 'proud' he was of Melburnians yesterday I cringed because he lacks sincerity. He has lied to us so often that even if he said something with genuine sincerity I probably wouldn't believe him. Its the boy who cried wolf.

And in your earlier post you rightly pointed out it is good to keep things up your sleeve, but when Melburnians have been in lockdown for over 250 days now is not the time to play political games.

"Dan is the worst, he's such a Dictator!"

"Dan is the worst, he's releasing more restrictions than promised!"

That's just false. Nobody, who is excited about yesterday’s changes and are looking forward to Friday, are the same posters complaining about restrictions easing early. That makes zero sense.
Are you upset that we’re opening up earlier?

That's just false. Nobody, who is excited about yesterday’s changes and are looking forward to Friday, are the same posters complaining about restrictions easing early. That makes zero sense.
Are you upset that we’re opening up earlier?

I'm not the one sooking about Andrews changing the restrictions from what was originally announced to occur at 70%. So it seems you completely misread my post.

I'm not the one sooking about Andrews changing the restrictions from what was originally announced to occur at 70%. So it seems you completely misread my post.

The only ones that would sook are those that wanna stay in their lounge room forever.

We've come full circle.

People obsessed with their freedums.

Now complaining about getting more freedoms.
Nobody is complaining about "getting more freedoms" as you call it. This is a debate about WHAT prompted Dan to change the 70% liberties, and you expect us to believe it had NOTHING to do with the growing discontent amongst Melburnians who were justifiably asking, "Why at 70% can we still not do X and Y when people in Sydney can?"

The only ones that would sook are those that wanna stay in their lounge room forever.

Exhibit A:

Nobody is complaining about "getting more freedoms" as you call it. This is a debate about WHAT prompted Dan to change the 70% liberties, and you expect us to believe it had NOTHING to do with the growing discontent amongst Melburnians who were justifiably asking, "Why at 70% can we still not do X and Y when people in Sydney can?"

Exhibit A:

So you mean those that now wish to compare with restrictions in NSW? Well yeah, there was always going to be plenty of them. The gym one I expected backlash. Was always going to be baby steps in Victoria but yesterday was a good start.

Perrottet was asked yesterday why dance floors were open in pubs but not nightclubs. His answer - “there are always going to be inconsistencies when we open up slowly and things might not always make sense, just bare with us and let us take it day by day and we will amend where required”.
A perfect answer and the right mentality.

You are going to believe whatever you want, whether there is any factual basis or not.

LOL No. It's a reflection of what a sad lying career politician Dan is. I'm sorry, but I cannot take him seriously anymore. Give me James Merlino any day.

When I heard Dan announce how 'proud' he was of Melburnians yesterday I cringed because he lacks sincerity. He has lied to us so often that even if he said something with genuine sincerity I probably wouldn't believe him. Its the boy who cried wolf.

And in your earlier post you rightly pointed out it is good to keep things up your sleeve, but when Melburnians have been in lockdown for over 250 days now is not the time to play political games.
You’re only proving my point. You’ve made up a situation in your head to justify why a person you hate made a decision you agree with. It’s ok. You can disagree with people you like, and you can agree with people you don’t. That’s normal.

So you mean those that now wish to compare with restrictions in NSW? Well yeah, there was always going to be plenty of them. The gym one I expected backlash. Was always going to be baby steps in Victoria but yesterday was a good start.

Perrottet was asked yesterday why dance floors were open in pubs but not nightclubs. His answer - “there are always going to be inconsistencies when we open up slowly and things might not always make sense, just bare with us and let us take it day by day and we will amend where required”.
A perfect answer and the right mentality.

So wait... Perottet is being lauded for restrictions that are inconsistent and that don't make sense now?

You’re only proving my point. You’ve made up a situation in your head to justify why a person you hate made a decision you agree with. It’s ok. You can disagree with people you like, and you can agree with people you don’t. That’s normal.
You've missed the point. I am rapt Dan introduced the measures. I even highlighted those two measures in a post on Saturday and asked why (a) we couldn't have visitors to our home and (b) why we could not travel more than 15km. My beef is the motivation for the decision, and you expect me to believe it was always on the cards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are going to believe whatever you want, whether there is any factual basis or not.
So answer me the question - what do YOU believe motivated the decision yesterday to introduce extra liberties at 70% that were not previously part of the roadmap?

You've missed the point. I am rapt Dan introduced the measures. I even highlighted those two measures in a post on Saturday and asked why (a) we couldn't have visitors to our home and (b) why we could not travel more than 15km. My beef is the motivation for the decision, and you expect me to believe it was always on the cards
What do you think would be an acceptable rationale for the changes and why don’t you think it is the rationale that was used?

What do you think would be an acceptable rationale for the changes and why don’t you think it is the rationale that was used?

Wasn't the previous argument that Gladys used basically the best-case modelling scenario, whilst Andrews used the worst-case, to come to their respective positions on restrictions?

Since then, Perottet has thrown out the health advice entirely, and Andrews has moved a little further away from the worst-case scenario to lessen some of the planned restrictions.

You have spent the morning ripping into complainers, yet just about all of your posts are complaining about something..

I posted twice on it, hardly spending my morning on it.

I've also commented about Essendon players, and done some actual work.

But yes, I find it ironic that the people jumping to complain about Andrews about lessening more restrictions than originally announced, are the same ones that seem to be anti-restrictions entirely.

It's a weird moment.

IF there is another worse variant magically appear after international travel is allowed,then we can say this is biological warfare.

I reiterate IF.

We shall see.

Another vaccine will come out then you may need a booster shot. Meh it will be fine

Two words - Private polling

"But in recent weeks Labor insiders have begun talking increasingly openly about the problems they are detecting in the party’s outer suburban and peri-urban electorates.

Instead of picking up seats, the talk now is that Labor might be in trouble in the two seats it won at the last election in Victoria – Dunkley on the eastern side of Port Philip Bay and Corangamite to its west.

If you talk to Labor insiders they all give the same reason: anger and frustration that has built up over the state’s long Covid lockdown."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back