Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon it's a make up process occurring in the RFC and SS volatile relationship...a little bit of give and take from both parties...as they seek to re-establish their relationship/bona fides before sealing it permanently in a long term commitment with each other...

Why thank you! :grinv1:

Balmy mentioned he may have certain incentives added to his contract when he was asked about this early in the year. You're right though, I've never met Sydney other than for a brief, impersonal chat. He might take such a contract as a challenge and not be concerned at the financial risks or triggers at all. I hope and expect he will.

Given his past though, and the interviews he had when he was first drafted where he said he was shocked by missing out and used the opportunity given by the Tigers as motivation, I think the profile is a definite possibility. The club is also quoted in saying, that they needed Stack to prove his commitment and consistency to his training, before they were willing to give him his first game.

Before he had been drafted, he had arrived at representative games hungover and with fresh injures from a fight. The leadership group of the team decided to exclude him from playing as a result. Safe to say, he was no choirboy before we picked him up and his overwhelming confidence and unwillingness to put in the hardyards was why every other club avoided drafting him.

Sydney has come a long way since then but Kebab-gate was a hiccup that set him back and damaged the trust he had built. He then broke the rules again when he returned to WA and was incarcerated as a result. The club needs to manage these brain hiccups carefully and keep him on a tight leash. This is what the contract is all about. How Stack responds to it is a great unknown. I think he's matured and, like Dusty before him, needs the strong structure of the club to get the best out of himself. I think, with a clear set of rules locking him in and the support of the club, he'll realize his potential this year and burst upon the scene.

Given all of that, I don't think my suggestions are too hard to conclude...from a person a haven't met of course :embarrassedv1::tongueoutv1:
I think he has matured as all young people do. His personality and the reasons why he has done this or that have been debated for a couple of years now. It would be nice to see the club back him in, stipulations and regulations, one's others don't have might indicate a lack of trust, which is never beneficial for anyone. I hope the club has backed him in, which I'm pretty sure they would have.

Audience Clapping Gif Pictures, Photos, and Images for ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stack can be a 10 year Richmond player if he puts his mind to it. He's more talented than a big portion of the list. The club would've likely told him - work hard and we will reward you after next year.

Who knows if the North interest was real. Given how desperate they're I would lean more likely than unlikely. But Stack can now back himself in and it's up to him.

That's it ! He's back !

The greatest comeback story in the history of sport is about to be written in 2022 ! Mark my words !

Oh and Sydney Stack is also back ! Him winning the Norm Smith in 2022 will be the second biggest ! Mark my words...

That's it ! He's back !

The greatest comeback story in the history of sport is about to be written in 2022 ! Mark my words !

Oh and Sydney Stack is also back ! Him winning the Norm Smith in 2022 will be the second biggest ! Mark my words...

Simmons, the man with it all - although he won't shoot 3's. Could easily be in the conversation of the best player on the planet, except he won't do stuff that should be easy for him.

And Stack, well, he could be an A grade inside outside mid. Work hard and play hard and he's a star. Very happy

Simmons, the man with it all - although he won't shoot 3's. Could easily be in the conversation of the best player on the planet, except he won't do stuff that should be easy for him.

And Stack, well, he could be an A grade inside outside mid. Work hard and play hard and he's a star. Very happy

1634538446778.png

I'm betting in 2 years time stack will be our 2nd or 3rd best player. Bolton 1st. Balta should be 2nd if they allow him to attack instead of stifling him.

He has all the tools. Just hope the maturity levels keep growing to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back