Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

So he is a nuff nuff because he follows his religion?

I think anyone who uses religion as an excuse to vote against same-sex marriage, or to voice opposition to priests or religious leaders being required to report child abuse (as is the law with pretty much everyone else) is a nuff nuff, yes.

I think anyone who uses religion as an excuse to vote against same-sex marriage, or to voice opposition to priests or religious leaders being required to report child abuse (as is the law with pretty much everyone else) is a nuff nuff, yes.
Fair enough. There are a lot of Catholics, he didn’t come up with those beliefs on his own.

I don’t agree with those views either, but I don’t dismiss them as those of a nuff nuff.

Fair enough. There are a lot of Catholics, he didn’t come up with those beliefs on his own.

I don’t agree with those views either, but I don’t dismiss them as those of a nuff nuff.

I have no fundamental issue with people who are religious, to be clear.

My grandma went to church weekly in to her late 80s and still managed to vote in favour of Same-Sex Marriage. Pretty sure she kept going to make up for the rest of her children and grandchildren never going. Someone needs to absolve us of our sins.

I have no issue with the Perrottet's having 7 kids as a rule

I worry it's because they don't believe in birth control or the use of it though given his religious background

It's a pretty big burden to put on the wife and it doesn't tend to come with a respect of female reproductive rights or body autonomy which he's shown to be the case with how he votes on issues like abortion

So yeah while them having a seventh on the way is fine and their choice, I hope it was actually a choice

I worry it's because they don't believe in birth control or the use of it though given his religious background

It's a pretty big burden to put on the wife and it doesn't tend to come with a respect of female reproductive rights or body autonomy which he's shown to be the case with how he votes on issues like abortion

So yeah while them having a seventh on the way is fine and their choice, I hope it was actually a choice
You could look at it the other way, that plenty of people choose not to have kids at all, or can’t, and some religions actually think they are balancing things out.

It would also neatly line up with his views on Climate Change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under the reopening plan, at the 70 per cent vaccination mark anyone who has been in a hotspot, such as Sydney or Melbourne, can enter Queensland if they are fully vaccinated, have a negative test result and arrive by air. They must also undertake home quarantine.

At the 80 per cent mark, expected by December 17, people from a hotspot can come to Queensland under the same conditions but will not have to go through home quarantine.

Queensland will still require anyone who arrives from overseas to do 14 days quarantine, even if they are vaccinated, and even if they arrive in a different state and travel to Queensland from there.

However, once the state hits 90 per cent fully vaccinated, expected early next year, fully vaccinated travellers from interstate and overseas will be able to enter Queensland without quarantining.

Unvaccinated travellers will still not be able to enter Queensland at the 70 and 80 per cent thresholds, but will be allowed to travel at the 90 per cent mark if they quarantine for 14 days.

You could look at it the other way, that plenty of people choose not to have kids at all, or can’t, and some religions actually think they are balancing things out.
******* terrible argument

LGA vax rates in
or here https://covidlive.com.au/report/vaccinations-by-lga/vic
updated my excel again
Hume in 2 weeks up 18% double vax and cases falling

Interesting one Banyule 72.9% double vaxed although 342 cases.
95 in 3081 Bellfield, Heidelberg Heights, Heidelberg Rgh, Heidelberg West
Last week was only 50% double vaxed in that post code where others where over 70%
Be some other LGA the same pockets of people who not getting vaxed.

1634536506082.png

Unvaccinated travellers will still not be able to enter Queensland at the 70 and 80 per cent thresholds, but will be allowed to travel at the 90 per cent mark if they quarantine for 14 days.

Wonder what happens to Clive,Christenson, Pauline and Roberts ????

I have a mate/colleague who unloaded on me a week or so back about his thoughts on the vaccine but particularly the mandates relating to them. He accepted that at some point he was going to have to have the jab but strongly disagreed at the notion people would make him have it..

..Wife advised this morning she's positive and he said based on how he's feeling, he's got it too.

Can't say you feel overly sorry for that type of person

Strong username to post content ratio

Some of you are some very weird units. Some guys wife doesn't have ownership over her body because they have 'x' amount of kids. People who aren't vaccinated shouldn't be afforded medical treatment. A nurse who doesn't believe in the covid vaccination must be a terrible nurse etc etc.

Y'all need to leave your suburb and experience the world (when the government gives us back our lives) and stop living in your little safe spaces.

I guess we'll never know, we can't be certain that they are so fundamentally Catholic that they don't use any form of birth control.

I guess we'll never know, we can't be certain that they are so fundamentally Catholic that they don't use any form of birth control.
Not if they don't talk about it no
They are pretty fundamental though so I'd not be surprised and he certainly doesn't vote like he thinks his daughters rights matter

Some of you are some very weird units. Some guys wife doesn't have ownership over her body because they have 'x' amount of kids. People who aren't vaccinated shouldn't be afforded medical treatment. A nurse who doesn't believe in the covid vaccination must be a terrible nurse etc etc.

Y'all need to leave your suburb and experience the world (when the government gives us back our lives) and stop living in your little safe spaces.
Not been paying attention to how religious groups try and stop women having control of their own bodies?
Didn't see the news in Texas recently? Haven't seen the churches stance on birth control be abstinence?
The lack of support for condoms to stop the spread of STIs?

Maybe you need to get ours little more

They are pretty fundamental though so I'd not be surprised and he certainly doesn't vote like he thinks his daughters rights matter
How long has he been married for? Let's say it's 14 years a child every few years, maybe he likes a big family because he has 11 siblings himself.

Mattered enough to let her survive pregnancy to experience the world, but they shouldn't as a rule be injecting religious positions on their voting unless their constituents support that as a clear political position at the election.

How long has he been married for? Let's say it's 14 years a child every few years, maybe he likes a big family because he has 11 siblings himself.
There are some religious groups who see it as a duty to provide lots of little god's soldiers to make the world a better place through weight of numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back