Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I believe you also earlier posted that you felt less of a human because you were submitting to the vaccination
which is some ridiculous freedumb thinking, consistent with an anti vax position on this vaccine

No, re read what I said, it was not about the vaccine at all.

He's more than welcome to get another job, no one is forcing nurses to put themselves in the position they are in, and they wear the consequences of a lot of self made problems on a high scale all the time, lets not pretend this is something new.

Its not the risk to ourselves now. We (as double vaccinated HCW with PPE) are incredibly unlikely to catch COVID to any significant degree

Ifs the onflow effect that the unvaccinated cause by clogging up hospital beds (because theres no system to have oxygen delivery to houses of COVID +ve patients as yet - even though we do it for chronic airways disease patients - probably the limitation is the flow rates required for many covid patients)
so by high bed occupancy (think it was about 90-100 inpatients at my hospital alone) that leaves fewer beds for the vaccinated who then contract other disease which is not COVID

No, re read what I said, it was not about the vaccine at all.
Yep, and I'm one of them, I'm by far not an anti-vaxxer, I have all my vaccines, and even as recent in 2018 had a vaccine for something, but as a 34 year old male I was brought to tears not because I am scared of a needle, or believe my limbs are gonna fall off or 5g in the vaccine, but simply because I felt violated, the choice was not mine to make, I never felt less of a man than I did having to make that choice coming to the realisation that if I don't have the vaccine I am told to have, I will not be able to pay for my rent so I can live, I can't put food on the dinner table, I can't simply live as I have for the past 30 odd years as a human free of constraint and free to make my own choices as I see fit. And I know I will be mocked by the I stand with dan group around this joint, but I could care less, they seem to forget that even the people they disagree with bleed the same, think and feel the same, hurt the same, but they've used the internet as a platform to separate themselves so they can simply judge all and sundry of those that don't think the exact same as they do.

Reads to me like it was violation by being vaccinated, or some loss of personal choice/ freedom (what I call freedumb thinking)

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Its not the risk to ourselves now. We (as double vaccinated HCW with PPE) are incredibly unlikely to catch COVID to any significant degree

Ifs the onflow effect that the unvaccinated cause by clogging up hospital beds (because theres no system to have oxygen delivery to houses of COVID +ve patients as yet - even though we do it for chronic airways disease patients - probably the limitation is the flow rates required for many covid patients)
so by high bed occupancy (think it was about 90-100 inpatients at my hospital alone) that leaves fewer beds for the vaccinated who then contract other disease which is not COVID

Yeah if only we can find that $1.3B and 4000 icu beds things might be a tad less stressful on our already pitiful public health system.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
We have placed collegues n the health field on administrative leave (essentially using their banked sick leave) while they decide. Generally we think these people are idiots for not getting the jab sooner (its only been 7 months ffs since everyone else got theirs)
Many of them?

Yeah if only we can find that $1.3B and 4000 icu beds things might be a tad less stressful on our already pitiful public health system.
I would bet that they would distribute all those beds to the forking rich as fork major tertiary hospitals (alfred, RMH, austin, St V's, monash) and leave my hospital sucking fumes yet again.

Was told this from a colleague who did a locum at one of the tertiaries - for a night shift they had 11 doctors, with 4 senior registrars and 3 other registars (ie able to make independent decision for most patients) - compare to our night s**t 4 registrars and 5 junior doctors who usually need to run most patients by the registrar.

And we would see more patients than this tertiary under normal times; and with also being the main COVID hotspot for most of lockdown 6 (north/west suburbs) the differential has gotten absolutely ridiculous. And that tertiary hospital still goes on "ambulance diversion" more often than we do.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
He's more than welcome to get another job, no one is forcing nurses to put themselves in the position they are in, and they wear the consequences of a lot of self made problems on a high scale all the time, lets not pretend this is something new.

Trite, nurses working extra shifts to help their team. This is not new but it is the norm in covid, as told to me by my daughter with 20 years in the ED space.
PPE is an example of far from regular.
I havent seen her for 6 months, that is unusual, & it is indeed NEW, not to mentioned mandated & enforced.
How often have shifts been furloughed & isolated, just in covid?

My daughter could take a step sideways, there is a job waiting in admin. I understand her decisions.

Trite, nurses working extra shifts to help their team. This is not new but it is the norm, as told to me by my daughter with 20 years in the ED space.
PPE is an example of far from regular.
I havent seen her for 6 months, that is unusual, & it is indeed NEW, not to mentioned mandated & enforced.
How often have shifts been furloughed & isolated, just in covid?
My daughter could take a step sideways, there is a job waiting in admin.
for our hospital there were 2 main furlough episodes - June 2020 and May 2021. Both involved staff who probably contracted from community settings but being unaware/ not symptomatic using communal areas.
I think the June 2020 one resulted in some transmission
My recall is that there was no transmission from the May 2021 one (due to partial PPE even when off shift rules, and vaccination) and I think they are really going to relax these requirements (about time as well)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
for our hospital there were 2 main furlough episodes - June 2020 and May 2021. Both involved staff who probably contracted from community settings but being unaware/ not symptomatic using communal areas.
I think the June 2020 one resulted in some transmission
My recall is that there was no transmission from the May 2021 one (due to partial PPE even when off shift rules, and vaccination) and I think they are really going to relax these requirements (about time as well)

The disruption to the manning was the point I was trying to make. How it represents 'not normal'.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Age reporting on IBAC, potentially linking Martin Pakula:

Texts also emerged of Rick Garotti asking Adem Somyurek to “follow up” with senior Labor minister Martin Pakula for a paid position on a Victorian government board for factional ally Hussein Haraco.

“Dr Hussein has put in an expression of interest with the Coronial Council of Victoria for a Board type position (which is paid). Could you follow up with [Martin] Pakula to see if we can get Dr over the line?” Cr Garotti said in a text message in March 2017, while Mr Pakula was Attorney-General.

How many would be in a hospital? 500-1000?
According to our hospital we have 96% of staff double vaccinated with 98% of those working in "high risk areas" having been double jabbed. I presume that the 2-4% remainder have only recently got the vaccine (first dose) or have a medical exemption (we get them interviewed by our ID physicians to see if they believe exemption is appropriate)

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
According to our hospital we have 96% of staff double vaccinated with 98% of those working in "high risk areas" having been double jabbed. I presume that the 2-4% remainder have only recently got the vaccine (first dose) or have a medical exemption (we get them interviewed by our ID physicians to see if they believe exemption is appropriate)
Surprised it is only 96%. Given the ranges of 500-1000 working there that is 20-40 not double jabbed

Sounds like maybe 5 are refusing to get it so 15-35 have other reasons which seems a lot.

Surprised it is only 96%. Given the ranges of 500-1000 working there that is 20-40 not double jabbed

Sounds like maybe 5 are refusing to get it so 15-35 have other reasons which seems a lot.
i only know the ED staff, I don't really know the other ward staff

there'd be a few who have say Hx of immunosuppression, or PE, or cardiac issues who may have needed multiple discussions with the vaccination clinic doctors before finally getting first jab

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
As long as Covid is around I cannot see QLD or WA opening up to outsiders, and that could be for some time. What do others think?
Think QLD will end up opening towards the end of December. Always back self interest and they will be open for December/January holidays
So opening up December 17.

School holidays start ...checks calendar... December 17. What a coincidence

So opening up December 17.

School holidays start ...checks calendar... December 17. What a coincidence
Surprised. Apparently 90% of travel enquiries ex SYDNEY are for Fiji, and the QLD government realised what it was set to miss out on, I heard on the Project tonight

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Surprised. Apparently 90% of travel enquiries ex SYDNEY are for Fiji, and the QLD government realised what it was set to miss out on, I heard on the Project tonight
So you think they're fishing the numbers that forecast the 80% DV time line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back