List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting that see if he trains as a defender in the pre season because imo he isn’t getting a game forward

can’t be any worse than melican

Do you trust the club not to ply him forward cause I don’t

Melican is perfectly capable of holding down full back to a very good level.

He needs to string games together to get confidence in his body and the feel for the game.

Whenever he has been able to string 7 to 10 games in a row, he has looked capable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So a brief stretch in 2017

OK. So you forget that this draft holds fairly little for us but next year's is big. We have three top quality Academy boys in the wings just waiting to turn 18. In the same quality as Gulden and Campbell. The difference being they are more diverse. One is a medium high marking forward, the next Cappa, the second a highly talented ruck prospect and the third a utility, wing, HB, hf, inside mid. Apparently the Nicholls kid, utility, is supposed to be super fast

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Some people just can't see past NOW.

OK. So you forget that this draft holds fairly little for us but next year's is big. We have three top quality Academy boys in the wings just waiting to turn 18. In the same quality as Gulden and Campbell. The difference being they are more diverse. One is a medium high marking forward, the next Cappa, the second a highly talented ruck prospect and the third a utility, wing, HB, hf, inside mid. Apparently the Nicholls kid, utility, is supposed to be super fast

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we know they are that good? I heard that only King (the ruckman) looks like he may be a first rounder. I could be wrong.

I am OK with the Reid signing. I suspect he'll be a VFL staple next year if the plan is to play him forward, but that's OK. You never know if we'll have one of those horror injury years with the talls like we did in 2020 and we may need to call on him.

Can't hurt to try him in defence over the pre-season, see how he goes. At the very worst puts some pressure on Melican and at best, it turns out to be a fruitful move and wa-hey! Reid's back in the frame for senior selection going into next year.

I also think he'd be on peanuts $$-wise, since he'll be 30, is injury-plagued, only signed for one year, and was effectively replaced by a younger option ahead of finals this year.

I am OK with the Reid signing. I suspect he'll be a VFL staple next year if the plan is to play him forward, but that's OK. You never know if we'll have one of those horror injury years with the talls like we did in 2020 and we may need to call on him.

Can't hurt to try him in defence over the pre-season, see how he goes. At the very worst puts some pressure on Melican and at best, it turns out to be a fruitful move and wa-hey! Reid's back in the frame for senior selection going into next year.

I also think he'd be on peanuts $$-wise, since he'll be 30, is injury-plagued, only signed for one year, and was effectively replaced by a younger option ahead of finals this year.

What? Has he been retained?

Yes. Don't go doing your usual jumping up and down with glee shenanigans.

A visionary re-signing! (I would be checking the mushrooms the Club is consuming). What next - a further extension for Clarke and Melican?

Surely this means Reid would get a chance to play down back in the preseason!

The recruiters know the KPD situation is dire and knowing how outplayed Melican was in the EF, it gives Reid a chance. Can't believe I'm saying this.

A visionary re-signing! (I would be checking the mushrooms the Club is consuming). What next - a further extension for Clarke and Melican?
Can't believe the recruiters are still backing in Melican tbh. If Brand played that sort of game he did in the EF that wouldve been an insta-delist. But in Melicans case, they feel the need to back him because... they re-signed him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid isn't confirmed. SEN understand we'll offer a year. Wicks sounds closer to being done than Reid does

Really! With the best will in the world who could offer Sam R more than a week.

Really! With the best will in the world who could offer Sam R more than a week.

Reid was amongst the best players in the early games 2021 then was injured and failed to play out to the same level on comeback. The Reid hate is entirely erroneous. I know that's not popular but I'm damn sure if he can recapture that early form in 2022 he would be a valuable addition.

Reid was amongst the best players in the early games 2021 then was injured and failed to play out to the same level on comeback. The Reid hate is entirely erroneous. I know that's not popular but I'm damn sure if he can recapture that early form in 2022 he would be a valuable addition.
That's basically the story of Reid's career the past few years, unfortunately. No one doubts his talents; I certainly don't. I think a one year deal is fair, however, I do understand why people are quite opposed to him remaining with the club.

Another Phantom Draft has sprouted, haven't seen this one before. Wouldn't be unhappy with the GOAT:

My problem with him is he seems to be a very ordinary kick. We've had a few of them in the past and we are finally clearing the decks of them.
It would be a NO from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back