Jordan Ridley - 22
Brandan Parfitt - 26
Shai Bolton - 29
Willem Drew - 33
Sean Darcy - 38
Tom Stewart - 40
Brennan Cox - 41
Luke Ryan - 66
I'm not going to say Logue is a gun because I think there are some things to work on but Will Brodie? Seriously...

I'll pay Will Brodie only because he's in purple now.

2 weeks ago...no chance.

Apparently he's heading back to Victoria I think Carlton like everyone else.

Probably a good thing. If we are getting either JVR or Amiss I would prefer game time into them and Treacy.
I'd be surprised it Lloyd signed off on bringing in a delisted free agent, he is very disinterested in them generally.

Apparently he's heading back to Victoria I think Carlton like everyone else.

Probably a good thing. If we are getting either JVR or Amiss I would prefer game time into them and Treacy.

i'm not sold on Treacy we should be at least asking the question on Brander, he is a free kick.

i'm not sold on Treacy we should be at least asking the question on Brander, he is a free kick.
Pretty tortuous reasoning to end up here. On one hand an 18 year old rookie pick who held down a KPF position in a mid table side verus one that couldn't even hold one down for his cooked clubs second side.

Brander is a spud.

Is it an option for DFA to train with the club prior to the draft? Is Brander (or anyone else) able to train at Cockburn to get a closer look in the lead up to the draft?

Treacy has the tools but went missing for long periods. Understandable as he is a kid and far too much was expected of him in his first year. If we had better list management he would be developing at Peel for a couple of years.
Just for amusement purposes, here is Treacy vs McDonald;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brander would be a no brainer if we had a massive KPD hole in the list. I'm still convinced at the end of the day he's a servicable CHB/3rd tall defender, but he's not better than any of the 6-7 players we already have in that position.

Can I just remind everyone that Brander was battling to get a game ahead of Jake Waterman as the budgies fourth string KPF?

Now let us never entertain the thought of drafting him again.

They and Cobbler have a strange obsession with him being useless.

As far as I can see he has some good traits but hasn't put it all together yet.
Logue has always looked like he could play different roles, which I think is why some people have always suggested he go through the middle, etc.
If he'd had a less interrupted start to his career I think we would have already seen him tried elsewhere, but he probably needs continuity more than anything else.

Also worth noting he's a WA tall we recruited in the top 10, yet now is getting whinged about..

No obsession. Just don’t rate him, but happy for him to prove me wrong.

It’s funny that some point to the Buddy game as him holding his own. It’s a laughable argument. It would be like saying David Warner is making awesome looking scores under 10. At what point do you just say ‘maybe he ain’t good?’

Midfield? I can’t even write that with a straight face.

He definitely has age on his side.

Hand on heart. Based on his actual output and trend? He’s not best 22.

Can’t see us touching a delisted free agent.

We have five list spots left if Tucker and Crowden re-sign and five National Draft picks worth using. I’m not even sure we’ll use all five - the article from Cal Twomey yesterday seemed to indicate we’re leaning towards four selections at the draft, which would mean a single rookie pick.

No obsession. Just don’t rate him, but happy for him to prove me wrong.

It’s funny that some point to the Buddy game as him holding his own. It’s a laughable argument. It would be like saying David Warner is making awesome looking scores under 10. At what point do you just say ‘maybe he ain’t good?’

Midfield? I can’t even write that with a straight face.

He definitely has age on his side.

Hand on heart. Based on his actual output and trend? He’s not best 22.
It's nothing like Warner making a string of low scores. What?

I think this guy is a good alternative to check out as an alternative to NWM (although he might not last to the rookie list):

Interesting back story to Fejo , and athletically tested well in SA combine.

That highlight reel is pretty special.

If we had list space, he would be an interesting late pick in the Fredricks left field call style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back