Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Gazey DeStoop , Dwayne , Whateley , Gary and Tim , Hargreaves should kneel before each show and post it to Twitter

But we all know that they wont , Why not

What’s the harm in it ,if they believe footballers , cricketers , basketballs should do then Sen show host should do it also , if it’s important to them , it shows your audience that your against racism on each show

But they wont do it , but they love to have non political discussions about sport politics issues

Before some their Footy radios broadcasts they make an on air announcement that “This game is being played on the ….. Land of ….Nation”

There has been a number of AFL games this past seasons that when the Welcome to Country ceremony is happening on the ground , the commentators are talking all over it , about the upcoming game , whilst it is happening.

Sen is that disrespectful ?

They can’t say that they are unaware that that has happened , as they have clearly done it.
Good points and valid questions.

Its hypocrisy in some ways on the face of things.

We've seen hypocrisy in more recent times in the form of:

- people unhappy and complaining vehemently about AFL players taking a knee. Yet still watch footy and their team that contains players who take the knee.
- anti vaxers/hesitants who take their stance (and IMHO have the right to) for the past year or so, suddenly getting the jab otherwise theyd lose their job. BELIEVE!

Good points and valid questions.

Its hypocrisy in some ways on the face of things.

We've seen hypocrisy in more recent times in the form of:

- people unhappy and complaining vehemently about AFL players taking a knee. Yet still watch footy and their team that contains players who take the knee.
- anti vaxers/hesitants who take their stance (and IMHO have the right to) for the past year or so, suddenly getting the jab otherwise theyd lose their job. BELIEVE!
Do you think it's fair people lose their jobs because they don't participate in a medical procedure?

Do you think it's fair people lose their jobs because they don't participate in a medical procedure?
No. But my point is that believe in what you want and be consistent in it. If something you believe in is integral to your being, then embrace it all the way.
Perhaps the example is quite extreme.

And thus, the other example - AFL players shouldnt take the knee - is better. In that, persons who object to this, and must not be begrudged or disowned for having such a view, to then continue to watch footy can be seen as hypocritical.

So Damo Watson filling in for Sermon Sam on tonight’s

Damo didn’t start the show thanking all the doctors and nurses and the vaxxed like Sermon Sam does , that obviously is just a Sam thing.

In response to the knee issue getting a run again a texter asked Damo if he’d be happy to knee when he went to work ?

His response was that sports people have high profiles and influence , but if it was mandated that he had to take a knee at work he would

So let’s see Hutchy/Sen mandate that on air hosts take a knee , some influential high profile sports people work at the station

Unless they don’t really care ?

So Damo Watson filling in for Sermon Sam on tonight’s

Damo didn’t start the show thanking all the doctors and nurses and the vaxxed like Sermon Sam does , that obviously is just a Sam thing.

In response to the knee issue getting a run again a texter asked Damo if he’d be happy to knee when he went to work ?

His response was that sports people have high profiles and influence , but if it was mandated that he had to take a knee at work he would

So let’s see Hutchy/Sen mandate that on air hosts take a knee , some influential high profile sports people work at the station

Unless they don’t really care ?

Do as we say…

The trouble I have is even if Hutchy mandates everyone take a knee, did it really happen?

Do as we say…

The trouble I have is even if Hutchy mandates everyone take a knee, did it really happen?

If the Sen host feel so strongly about it , they shouldn’t need to have a reason or an excuse to kneel

It’s the fact that they don’t and they haven’t shows them all them up.

Why don’t they lead from the front in a media landscape , and kneel at Sen maybe other stations will start to do it.

They like to talk all about it , time for doing it

If the Sen host feel so strongly about it , they shouldn’t need to have a reason or an excuse to kneel

Why don’t they lead from the front in a media landscape , and kneel at Sen maybe other stations will start to do it.

Is it that the media arent kneeling that you find issue with, or kneeling itself, or BLM?

I don't know the reason why but recently, I have been able to get SEN Melbourne here in Sydney on my DAB radio.

Once the footy season finished, the Lyon/Watson breakfast show has slumped to a level that makes it nearly impossible to listen to.

The content is lacking in any real depth with the majority of the show's prowess being hung on the two host's limited comedic talents.

The amount of times I hear the promo for Dangerfield's fishing show, the horse-racing program and the car-racing program makes it sound extremely desperate & unprofessional, clearly they get unnecessarily flogged just to pad out the shortfalls of the remainder of the program.

Why do they have a half-hourly news service but only have one story in it ?? This is amateur hour of the highest order.

Whoever is in the producer's chair should be sacked and Hutchy, as owner of the station, should be embarrassed to have that breakfast show as his flagship program.
watson and lyon are cooked imo and have been for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hargreaves starts his show every night , thanking the doctors and nurses and those who got vaxxed

Is he going to thank them when they get their boosters , and then their booster booster , and then their booster booster booster , and then their booster booster booster booster?
a nation of drug dependables....lol....remember this law maxim..'he who maketh the claim bears the burden of proof' :thumbsupv1: :thumbsupv1:

Pipe read out my text today about getting Daniel Harford back on SEN permanently.

Although he left out the bit (replaced with a chuckle) where I suggested it could be in the 12-3pm timeslot.

Is it that the media arent kneeling that you find issue with, or kneeling itself, or BLM?

The sports media will dissect the sport/politics marriage ad infinitum

I just wonder why the media don’t kneel ?

Dont they want the public to debate or judge them on why x Sen host kneels and x Sen host doesn’t kneel , or for that matter any of the media at all

If they felt so strongly about it , like we hear when their individual opinions when they are given on the issue , why would they have to be told to kneel

If kneeling “raises awareness on the racism” as they report , why wouldn’t do it and to raise awareness any time that they can ?

Like when Michael Holding spoke about it , did the BBC commentary team or whoever was broadcasting the match , kneel when the players did ?

I don’t know ?

Did the commentators at the IPL kneel ?

I don’t know

When the cricket test series starts here in Australia shortly should the Sen commentators kneel if the players do ?

Going by what we hear are their opinions on the issue , yes they should kneel ?

But will they ?

I wonder what would happen if someone took a knee at the ANZAC Day game to protest war? 🤔

Lol the MCG , when there is a terror event in France they light up the MCG in the French flag the next night ( no event being held there ) when the same thing happens in say Afghanistan, they don’t put those colours on the MCG

Time to wipe that brown stuff off your chin. Absolute dribble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back