Opinion Which team would you most like to beat in the Grand Final ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gimmeafree

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
No other team, no other sport
This really is a tough one. There’s the arrogance of the Hawks fans in 2014 and the absolute corruption-bordering, highway robbery of 2016. I harbour no ill will to the Eagles, one all was a fair result for the rivalry of 2005/2006. Then there’s Eddie and the pies and what they put Goodesy through.

On balance, beating the Dogs after the siren on the back of a dodgy 50m free, where they claim they touched it on the line, would be poetic justice. To this day I struggle to find just one of their fans that can acknowledge the favouritism.

what do you guys think ?

This really is a tough one. There’s the arrogance of the Hawks fans in 2014 and the absolute corruption-bordering, highway robbery of 2016. I harbour no ill will to the Eagles, one all was a fair result for the rivalry of 2005/2006. Then there’s Eddie and the pies and what they put Goodesy through.

On balance, beating the Dogs after the siren on the back of a dodgy 50m free, where they claim they touched it on the line, would be poetic justice. To this day I struggle to find just one of their fans that can acknowledge the favouritism.

what do you guys think ?

Bulldogs, without any doubt at all.

Hawks fans to myself after 2004 weren't poor, they were just celebrating (and justifying so) a great win for their club.

Walking our of the ground in 2016 myself and my nephew had 4 different groups of Dogs fans try to start fights or rub it in our faces (one of them literally shoved him to the ground), inbetween that and the umpiring I have made up my mind.

As swansfan51 has said, we are currently on a 6 match losing streak against Grand Final opponents (I checked the research room), so I don’t think we can afford to be choosy!

As swansfan51 has said, we are currently on a 6 match losing streak against Grand Final opponents (I checked the research room), so I don’t think we can afford to be choosy!

What do you mean by grand final opponents?

Cause didn't we beat the Bulldogs and Eagles this year alone?

What do you mean by grand final opponents?

Cause didn't we beat the Bulldogs and Eagles this year alone?

Senior and reserve level grand finals... should have said "opponents in grand finals"

Last edited:
Longmire's record of 1 from 3 may have improved to at least 2 in 3 with better planning. Yep the Umps were dire in 2016 but we lost to what was really a mid Table team. Even with injuries it was inexcusable.

With some more neurons in the box I doubt it would have happened.

Hawthorn....................mainly to stick it up their arrogant supporters,.........daylight...........Dogs..........................daylight.

Longmire's record of 1 from 3 may have improved to at least 2 in 3 with better planning. Yep the Umps were dire in 2016 but we lost to what was really a mid Table team. Even with injuries it was inexcusable.

With some more neurons in the box I doubt it would have happened.

Dogs was our best chance too. We dont beat GWS that year imo, they seriously had our number and tore us apart only a few weeks earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs was our best chance too. We dont beat GWS that year imo, they seriously had our number and tore us apart only a few weeks earlier.
I always say, if the umps were fair then we would of lost to GWS in the GF.

Honestly, I would want to beat GWS in a GF, after losing in an earlier final.

I would happily see us beat any of the other 17 teams.

I will not see it in my lifetime, not least because they are the perennial laughing stock, but a GF flogging of Carlton would bring joy to my heart. It is 76 years since the Blood Bath GF and the travesty of a Carlton win.

At subsequent moments of our history Carlton has been there, be it Nicholls taking out Skilton, Pratt's role in efforts to move us to Sydney or pinching our players.

Essendon.

This would require Essendon to win a final, whilst watching Essinject lose a GF would be great, I don't ever want them to lose their streak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back