Live Event 2021 AFL National Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. Question is though, not whether we try, its whether anyone else will give one up...
exactly, like I said better, price is too high now, needed to have done that before draft night. For example Richmond's pick in teens, 2 20s + 30 for first. The draft being so even, other clubs can see now there is talent there in 20s right up to pick 30 to rival teens, no one willing to do deal.

We are abit thin in sml fwds only breust and chad if he is not in the middle. Brock and Sean are still ways to go. Should consider Draper/butler as they are the best hybrids in this draft. These guys would be perfect playing 70% fwd 30%mid

Had a look on their website, are we really the only club that doesn’t have a single player managed by them?

Can’t recall what they’ve done to make a bad name for themselves off the top of my head but did find that interesting.
Screwed Freo around, leaked conversations and their players seem to have personal reasons to shift states part way through contracts-normally just after a front loaded period.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sonsie looks like a no brainer.

He has slid from top 5 calculations over the past 12 months due to what seems like nothing but a lack of footy. He plays one senior game at BH and has 24 and kicks 2??
He slipped because he had two games where he was absolutely gassed. There was talk of a niggling injury that he then sat out a couple of games for and never hit his stride. There's a bit to worry about with his tank, but nothing that makes him anything less than a steal past pick 20.

We are abit thin in sml fwds only breust and chad if he is not in the middle. Brock and Sean are still ways to go. Should consider Draper/butler as they are the best hybrids in this draft. These guys would be perfect playing 70% fwd 30%mid
And they can rotate with Sonsie taking the other side of the 30/70 split. Absolutely ecstatic we are in this position.

Would be stoked if we can get Sonsie at 23 and Butler at 26

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may drag on a bit tonight, especially as teams get talking to each other and take their full allotment of time whilst trying to pick swap etc. There could be a few of them tonight.

Im not so sure there will. With all the sliders, clubs are not going to give up their picks in the 20s. For example, I have seen future firsts in play for moves up a few spots in the 20s, the asking rate for these picks is insane.

I think its wishful thinking from the media and I doubt there will be any significant trades.

I think it would be madness to trade away one of our seconds...we have two very good players staring us in the face tonight.

If Johnson and Sonsie are both still on the board at our 1st pick the calls will come in and I'd be extremely tempted to trade into the 1st round next year but not if it involves more than a swap of one of our seconds for a future first.

I’m with you here.

If a club wants to offer us a F1 and a pick in the 30s tonight (if we are confident he will still be there) for our first two picks tonight then I’d jump at it.

Ward, MacDonald (and a project pick late) and then 2 cracks in the first next year.
F$#k that, it's one of our seconds for a future first or GTFO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back