Live Event 2021 AFL National Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So there is a break between rounds 2 and 3 and the Swans take the full 5 minutes, there are failed trades which run for 10mins, then they still do interviews with pick 42 like anyone cares. Honestly what an awful broadcast.

Its a draft. It isn't supposed to be a production. The families and friends of these kids want to see the interviews following the biggest moments of their lives, that is more of a priority than keeping the masses engaged.

I dont want this s**t being compromised so people get a better tv show.

I see similarities between Caleb Daniel and Zac Taylor and they almost slid to the exact same pick in their respective drafts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The afl are the ones dragging it out.

Are they though? Occasionally an interview runs a few seconds over but who has a genuine issue with seeing a young id being interviewed at draft night?

Otherwise, clubs are just using their allotted periods. Im not really sure what they could change, clubs would not accept shorter times for each pick and nor should they.

Folks are just impatient

Are they though? Occasionally an interview runs a few seconds over but who has a genuine issue with seeing a young id being interviewed at draft night?

Otherwise, clubs are just using their allotted periods. Im not really sure what they could change, clubs would not accept shorter times for each pick and nor should they.

Folks are just impatient
I can 100% confirm they do. Literally ask clubs to take the full time for drama. Can’t blame them for everything but they are stage managing most of it.

Folks are just impatient
If it is such a bad spectacle i don't get why people don't just turn off and follow the picks on twitter.

It's 9 on a Thursday night, i sure as s**t don't have anything better to be doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back