Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Monday 29 November 2021

In the heat

Lots of talk, shouting, encouragement going on at today's session.

2 hours in the heat @ Bunjil Bagora.

In the end the fitness people said of the newbie's "they had done enough" while the rest kept running drills going.

Gunston ran the boundary. Looks good. Hope the body is good but looks in good nick.

Sicily joined in with Tom Mitchell.

Jai Newcombe was also assigned to the newbies. The Hawks photographer spent some time getting shots of them (7) doing handball drills so hopefully that will be on the website soon.

Channel 10 also came down @ the end to do a report with Rob Waters.

Finn McGuiness looks really good. Seamus Mitchell, Dan Howe, James Worpel, Lachie Bramble (both those guys up with Finn in the straight line running drills along with T Mitchell.) Josh Morris, Emerson Lake & Jeka, Tyler Brockman, Jack Saunders all out there. The total number of players about 24.

Lots of 3 to 5 to 6 minute drills changing from footballs to round balls; playing a form of handball ala AFL style. Bit of wrestling going on, on the outer forward pocket, supervised.

Sam Mitchell had the rest of the coaches I saw, Harvey, Hale and a very loud Adrian Hickmott all dressed the same as the players, just to make things that bit more difficult for those that watch training.

Things will get a bit more interesting next week when the full playing group returns.

Go Hawks.

Monday 29 November 2021

In the heat

In the end the fitness people said of the newbie's "they had done enough" while the rest kept running drills going.

Gunston ran the boundary. Looks good. Hope the body is good but looks in good nick.

Jai Newcombe was also assigned to the newbies. The Hawks photographer spent some time getting shots of them (7) doing handball drills so hopefully that will be on the website soon.

Finn McGuiness looks really good. Seamus Mitchell, Dan Howe, James Worpel, Lachie Bramble (both those guys up with Finn in the straight line running drills along with T Mitchell.) Josh Morris, Emerson Lake & Jeka, Tyler Brockman, Jack Saunders all out there. The total number of players about 24.

Lots of 3 to 5 to 6 minute drills changing from footballs to round balls; playing a form of handball ala AFL style. Bit of wrestling going on, on the outer forward pocket, supervised.

Sam Mitchell had the rest of the coaches I saw, Harvey, Hale and a very loud Adrian Hickmott all dressed the same as the players, just to make things that bit more difficult for those that watch training.

Things will get a bit more interesting next week when the full playing group returns.

Go Hawks.

We're a whole new club now.

The Clarkson era is over. Odd in a way; I suppose after 17 years.

A new dynasty awaits to be written.

Let's go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monday 29 November 2021

In the heat

Go Hawks.
Thanks mate - love the update
What time did training start today ?
( hoping to come down next time if someone tells me the start time )

We're a whole new club now.

The Clarkson era is over. Odd in a way; I suppose after 17 years.

A new dynasty awaits to be written.

Let's go.
Was an interesting feeling watching Mitchell’s press conference then. Sitting there thinking it’s the first Hawks head coach press conference I’ve watched start to finish, minus snippets on the news, that wasn’t Clarko. Even looked like Sam had some nervous energy going on, really talking with his hand motions. Exciting times!

Why is our official site so slow with updates?
Our social media team posted that Sam was in front of the cameras this morning and to stay tuned and then they’ve posted almost nothing since apart from a photo of the draftees. 😒

There’s a vid of some running drills at training today, with Bramble, Maginness and Saunders leading the charge.

Our social media team posted that Sam was in front of the cameras this morning and to stay tuned and then they’ve posted almost nothing since apart from a photo of the draftees. 😒
There’s a vid of some running drills at training today, with Bramble, Maginness and Saunders leading the charge.

I would like to thank the social media team for todays insights.

Hearing Sam addressing the boys about their running was eye opening and a fantastic example of the coach he will be. I've been a part of 13 pre-seasons as a country footy player and i've never heard a coach openly tell a group NOT to encourage their mate along if they look like their struggling. It's one of those ingrained things you just do. Sam telling the boys to win by as much as they can shows a ruthlessness I wasn't expecting straight up. Super excited that the unsociable Hawks could be back (which is ironic since it's been brought to our attention by the social media team).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back