Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1642047017248.png

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good video on the club on Jones, seems like a great kid - also from social media seems like Jamarra has really taken him under his wing which is great, showing some real leadership qualities and especially with how much we’ve struggled to get indigenous kids to settle in this is huge.

Anyone else getting a different vibe from Jamarra this preseason? I know we don’t get the full story and he is just a kid with so much to learn but I was a little worried about him last year - just didn’t seem like he was gelling with the guys, didn’t seem like he was doing the work required and on game day it wasn’t really happening a lot of the time.

Completely different vibe from him this preseason, he looks super fit, super determined, and most importantly a real part of the team and close with all the boys which let’s be honest is important.

I think he’s going to have a huge year personally

Good video on the club on Jones, seems like a great kid - also from social media seems like Jamarra has really taken him under his wing which is great, showing some real leadership qualities and especially with how much we’ve struggled to get indigenous kids to settle in this is huge.

Anyone else getting a different vibe from Jamarra this preseason? I know we don’t get the full story and he is just a kid with so much to learn but I was a little worried about him last year - just didn’t seem like he was gelling with the guys, didn’t seem like he was doing the work required and on game day it wasn’t really happening a lot of the time.

Completely different vibe from him this preseason, he looks super fit, super determined, and most importantly a real part of the team and close with all the boys which let’s be honest is important.

Big pressure last year, expectations from being pick 1, not quite fit enough, straight from boarding school, very little footy for a long time. Some unwarranted attention on his extracurricular activities. Maybe travelling in the post season with Bont and the others helped with relationships and maturity. Whatever, hopefully this year we’ll see a big step up. Having Arthur to mentor should also be great for both of them.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....

I think he will explode this year personally.

I hate to be a damper as I loved watching him but he’s still only in his second year. Greats like Chris Grant were dropped in their second year when they tired. If JUH can play at that level, I would be pleased.
I would argue that the attention and pressure on JUH are much worse than CG faced, due to social media and sports “journalists” vying for clicks and scoops 🙁. Also the game itself is different, not to mention the $$$.

I would argue that the attention and pressure on JUH are much worse than CG faced, due to social media and sports “journalists” vying for clicks and scoops 🙁. Also the game itself is different, not to mention the $$$.
Also the TAC competition are so much more professional these days, it really prepares players so well these days. COVID years excepted.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
I hate to be a damper as I loved watching him but he’s still only in his second year. Greats like Chris Grant were dropped in their second year when they tired. If JUH can play at that level, I would be pleased.
I just think his second year will be a better one then most other forwards 2nd year from times ago.

Marra doesn't need much more to be an excellent player. He turns his defender, leads, marks, scores. He's a beautiful set shot, poetry off the boot. All he needs is a bigger tank.

Hopefully the season doesn’t have interruptions and just as importantly, the VFL too. At least having VFL would have had helped some younger players develop more than they could have in the last couple of years

Back