Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Melbourne crowd booing Medvedev is pretty cringe
Whatever this “not booing, soccer chant” thing is is pretty cringe but I thought during the match it was fine (honestly tennis players seem extremely precious about their stuff between points) but post match during the interview was horrible.

Booing people you've paid good money and who it's a privilege to see is absurd. Why not save your money stay at home with a slab and a curry and watch it on tele where you can boo to your heart's content with the added bonus of not looking like a dickhead in public.

Booing people you've paid good money and who it's a privilege to see is absurd. Why not save your money stay at home with a slab and a curry and watch it on tele where you can boo to your heart's content with the added bonus of not looking like a dickhead in public.
Apparently they’re not booing. The siuuu chant (if that’s what it is) is the new vuvuzela. I can’t stand it but 🤷🏼‍♂️ What can you do

Apparently they’re not booing. The siuuu chant (if that’s what it is) is the new vuvuzela. I can’t stand it but 🤷🏼‍♂️ What can you do

its cringey. but then again crowds at the tennis and other sporting events can be cringey.

now. how the * did laconic be part of the footy lexicon, and do the users understand the words meaning?

its cringey. but then again crowds at the tennis and other sporting events can be cringey.

now. how the fu** did laconic be part of the footy lexicon, and do the users understand the words meaning?
I cringe when Kohli gets booed and I reckon it's probably counter productive, you don't really want to give him any more incentive to score runs.

I cringe when Kohli gets booed and I reckon it's probably counter productive, you don't really want to give him any more incentive to score runs.

unless he doesnt make runs

Drag Race Thinking GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I see no issue with it, I reckon it's part of the theater of it all, as long as it doesn't cross the line of decency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tennis crowds get more pathetic year after year

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

The amount of people I observe on my socials that go to tennis simply for the social proof is astounding

I hate how people can come across as being so in to something when it comes around (ie australian open) but also don't pay attention to the sport outside this event

Whatever this “not booing, soccer chant” thing is is pretty cringe but I thought during the match it was fine (honestly tennis players seem extremely precious about their stuff between points) but post match during the interview was horrible.
I disagree. I thought Dev was the cringey one- and OMG PPL. Ffs have some respect for Mr Jim Courier!!!!

Please. :drunk:

The amount of people I observe on my socials that go to tennis simply for the social proof is astounding

I hate how people can come across as being so in to something when it comes around (ie australian open) but also don't pay attention to the sport outside this event
This is me.

And I make absolutely no apologies. You need to watch tennis live and I'll be ****ed if I'll be staying up thru the night to watch Wimbledon and the French.
/watched some US tho last year, esp the women's.

I believe it's all there in my original post.
The Courier thing? Personally thought that was pretty funny.

Ironically Medvedev didnt actually say or do anything during the match because of the noise, just stayed in his zone, even Nick complained about it at one point.

Anyway, personally no issue with the noise during the match, crowd generally shut up during the service motion and points, the rest of the time is fair game. Daniil is well within his rights to say it was annoying after the match but he just got on with the job during, im growing to like him.

Out of all sports I reckon Tennis has the most casual and fairweather. How many of the people who attend actually watch anything outside of the Aus Open or the the other grand slams?

Golf probably similar in having several majors but Golf fans will follow it hardcore no matter what tournament.

Ironically Medvedev didnt actually say or do anything during the match because of the noise, just stayed in his zone, even Nick complained about it at one point.

Anyway, personally no issue with the noise during the match, crowd generally shut up during the service motion and points, the rest of the time is fair game. Daniil is well within his rights to say it was annoying after the match but he just got on with the job during, im growing to like him.
Yeah I'm not.

Total "punchable head" thread candidate from my pov.

Out of all sports I reckon Tennis has the most casual and fairweather. How many of the people who attend actually watch anything outside of the Aus Open or the the other grand slams?

Golf probably similar in having several majors but Golf fans will follow it hardcore no matter what tournament.
See your tennis and raise you a Soccer, when the WC comes around

The 'tourist' factor can be annoying, especially if you are a hardcore fan. But we all have limited spare time and for some things you only have a passing interest and I think that's fine.

I religiously get up early to watch the Masters each year, love it. But that's the only golf I follow and I'm fine with that.

The ongoing noise is fine. It's during times that are meant to quiet (serving, etc) when one idiot yells out - they are the "low IQ" losers.

Sometimes I think they are so dumb that no one in life ever takes time to listen to them, so this is their only chance to be heard.

You forgetting horse racing and the Melbourne Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back