Wrestling Podcast Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking for recommendations guys.

I don't watch any wrestling now but was massive from like 1995 - 2010 so am keen for some content that reflects on the good old days.

I spasmodically listen to TIJ and Stone Cold Show but they don't offer a great deal.
Something to wrestle with can be good for the 1990's period have listened to a lot. Previous job spent a lot of time on the road so used to listen to the Attitude Era related stuff. Pretty interesting just come of the reasons behind the way they went with stuff. At least Pritchard can agree with Conrad when matches are garbage and rightly says so.

83 weeks is not bad for the same time frame to when you line them up and listen for the same time frames like big moments what was happening on WCW and WWF at the time.

ARN is pretty good for general Q & A.

Something to wrestle with can be good for the 1990's period have listened to a lot. Previous job spent a lot of time on the road so used to listen to the Attitude Era related stuff. Pretty interesting just come of the reasons behind the way they went with stuff. At least Pritchard can agree with Conrad when matches are garbage and rightly says so.

83 weeks is not bad for the same time frame to when you line them up and listen for the same time frames like big moments what was happening on WCW and WWF at the time.

ARN is pretty good for general Q & A.
Yeah both are good. Bruce has been annoying me for a littlennow so havent listened to his much. Eric is pretty honest and tells it how it is. J.R is awesome totally not expecting some of the stuff he says.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I don't watch any wrestling now but was massive from like 1995 - 2010 so am keen for some content that reflects on the good old days.

I spasmodically listen to TIJ and Stone Cold Show but they don't offer a great deal.
If you are including WCW and TNA in that period. Bischoff and Jarretts podcasts are 2 I like.

Both of Jim Cornette's podcasts are great to listen to. And often long (2-3+ hours). Sure, it's mostly him running through the state of today's wrestling but he compares it to bygone eras so his tangents can be very informative. And his rants are hilarious.

Thread for recommendations and reviews if you are keen to help me and others interested in looking for new stuff to listen to.......

One of my go to podcast is Cultaholic Wrestling

I enjoy 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff and Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard purely for the episodes relating to the Monday Night Wars time lines. Interesting just to hear how and why things were done at that time.

I’m not even much of a collector, but I really like Cardona and Myers’ podcast, they’re both really likeable guys.

On the turnbuckle is ok for local wrestling.

Other than that I don’t do wrestling podcasts, I’m more likely to watch a Cultaholic or WhatCulture YouTube video.

I enjoy 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff and Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard purely for the episodes relating to the Monday Night Wars time lines. Interesting just to hear how and why things were done at that time.

Have you listened to any of Conrad Thompson's other podcasts?

His initial run with Jeff Jarrett was interesting (the first 8-10 episodes) which discussed the formation of TNA was really good, Grillin' JR with Jim Ross has it's weeks, Mick Foley is entertaining (but not overly informative).

yeah I've listened to a bit of both of them but after a while Conrad Thompson really starts to piss me off especially when he says "chat me up" and s**t with his mortgage company

I don’t remember when I got the recommendation, but unable to sleep last night I gave Kevin Nash’s Kliq this a go.

Crazy to me that guys who can barely talk have had repeated attempts at podcasts and Nash only just started. He’s so smart, so articulate, and he speaks in stories in a way that makes him naturally funny. He’ll say something completely earnestly and you’ll find yourself howling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both of Jim Cornette's podcasts are great to listen to. And often long (2-3+ hours). Sure, it's mostly him running through the state of today's wrestling but he compares it to bygone eras so his tangents can be very informative. And his rants are hilarious.

I’m not sure if he’s a self indulgent prick paying for his videos to be promoted, or that I should be terrified that YouTube knows what I’ve been watching on SBS On Demand (ie Dark Side the Ring.)

My YouTube homepage is full of his videos despite me never having watched one. DSOTR is my only connection with him; I don’t even read articles about him (or Russo), I just couldn’t care less about what either of them has to say.

(If anyone knows how to block channels or keywords on YouTube, please hook a brother up.)

Have you listened to any of Conrad Thompson's other podcasts?

His initial run with Jeff Jarrett was interesting (the first 8-10 episodes) which discussed the formation of TNA was really good, Grillin' JR with Jim Ross has it's weeks, Mick Foley is entertaining (but not overly informative).

Arn Anderson's podcast is boring as batshit, his voice is so monotone

reminds me of his brief WWE commentary stint at the very start of the Invasion angle. Great promo, but that doesn't necessarily translate to great commentator.

There should be a warning about not operating heavy machinery while listening to his podcast

Anyone listen to the dude love song Foley debuted in his podcast? Obvious number 1 hit

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

I don’t remember when I got the recommendation, but unable to sleep last night I gave Kevin Nash’s Kliq this a go.

Crazy to me that guys who can barely talk have had repeated attempts at podcasts and Nash only just started. He’s so smart, so articulate, and he speaks in stories in a way that makes him naturally funny. He’ll say something completely earnestly and you’ll find yourself howling.

Always enjoyed when Nash speaks no doubt he talks some s**t though.

He is extremely intelligent.

Jim Cornette doesn't get old he is brilliant.

Bruce Prichard still work with Conrad?

Not sure but, if Bruce is back in the WWE, (and he is) the partnership has stopped for now.
They still do podcasts with Something to Wrestlewith but due to his schedule they don't do as many as they used to and the rule is no current stuff to be mentioned/talked about

They still do podcasts with Something to Wrestlewith but due to his schedule they don't do as many as they used to and the rule is no current stuff to be mentioned/talked about

Lots of montage/best of shows get pushed out to fill gaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back