Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

We can manage without Tippa for the first few weeks as long as we manage to get him right in the early part of the season.
I wouldn't play him too underdone though as it will probably just hurt his confidence and form.
I'm still backing him in to get himself right and make an impact this year even if it takes a bit longer than we'd like.

The fact that he has faded badly last couple of years after hot starts I don't mind a delayed start of it means he may be able to hold good form throughout the later part of the season

The fact that he has faded badly last couple of years after hot starts I don't mind a delayed start of it means he may be able to hold good form throughout the later part of the season
Definitely. That final could have turned out differently if tippa was playing

Tippa, Harry Jones and Langford missing, Caldwells 1st game back after missing the whole season, Shiel and McGrath still underdone coming back from LTIs, Perkins and Cox had faded as 1st year players. Theres reasons for optimism if we can get some luck with injuries.

I don't think we had another gear to be honest when the dogs put the foot down we couldn't go with them.
If it stays dry maybe it's more of a game but I don't think Walla was the difference.
It wasn't out time, we got as far as we had the ability to go.

We can manage without Tippa for the first few weeks as long as we manage to get him right in the early part of the season.
I wouldn't play him too underdone though as it will probably just hurt his confidence and form.
I'm still backing him in to get himself right and make an impact this year even if it takes a bit longer than we'd like.

Nope, I wont accept anything other than a fit and angry Walla for round one to recreate the banner GIF against Selwood...maybe one on Patrick would be great too

Nope, I wont accept anything other than a fit and angry Walla for round one to recreate the banner GIF against Selwood...maybe one on Patrick would be great too

Like when he smashed Danger in the 2016 preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti joins Hurley on the sidelines, with the star forward suffering a minor calf injury at the end of last year.

“’Walla’ had a slight calf injury just before Christmas, which modified the training he could do over the break,” Mahoney said.

“He's still in the rehab training at the moment. He's a little bit behind the guys physically and needs to do a bit of work to rehab and to get physically ready to go to join the main group again in the near future.”

Now before anyone gets too excited I have it from a good source that him needing to do more rehab work to get physically ready translates to they are going for a more steady build up to avoid him having any more calf issues when the work load increases. Looks like round 1 is a stretch but from what I hear he will be ready early in the season if all goes to plan.

Now before anyone gets too excited I have it from a good source that him needing to do more rehab work to get physically ready translates to they are going for a more steady build up to avoid him having any more calf issues when the work load increases. Looks like round 1 is a stretch but from what I hear he will be ready early in the season if all goes to plan.
Spcq.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back