International Summer of Cricket 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Sammo360

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
June-July 2022: Tour of Sri Lanka (3xT20s, 3xODIs, 2xTests)

August-September 2022: Zimbabwe (3xODIs) and New Zealand (3xODIs) at home

September 2022: White ball series in India (3xT20s)

October 2022: West Indies and England at home (6xT20s)

October-November 2022: T20 World Cup at home

November 2022: England at home (3xODIs)

December-January 2022-23: West Indies (2xTests) and South Africa (3xTests, 3xODIs) at home

February-March 2023: Test tour of India (4xTests)

March-May 2023: Indian Premier League

No sign of the Afghanistan Test. That should have been pencilled in instead of the 3 ODIs against England

Wow

lots and lots of cricket

June-July 2023: Ashes tour of England (5xTests, ODIs expected)

August 2023: Test tour of South Africa (3xTests)

October-November 2023: ODI World Cup in India

Do we have any info about who we are playing for the 2023/24 summer ??

Wow

lots and lots of cricket

June-July 2023: Ashes tour of England (5xTests, ODIs expected)

August 2023: Test tour of South Africa (3xTests)

October-November 2023: ODI World Cup in India

Not yet. There will be a new Future Tours Program released by the ICC later this year that will give us a guide on all international tours from 2023 through to 2027.

Apparantely Bangladesh are coming in 2027 for 2 Tests, so you can pencil that one in. :)

Last edited:

2023/24 should be 2 of sri lanka/pakistan/new zealand
2024/25 india (maybe we may see a test against afg/ire or zim)

the WTC ensures we play both india and england in every cycle (one of them at home and the other away).

No sign of the Afghanistan Test. That should have been pencilled in instead of the 3 ODIs against England

That should say 5 ODIs against Sri Lanka not 3. The 3 ODIs v England are the most pointless s**t. Looks like we're ignoring our ODIs in the Super League v Afghanistan too although the ICC will probably have to pull something out of their arse and change the rankings to be percentage of points or something.

The ICC try to give bilateral ODIs some context but the big boards and their fans don't want any part of it.

The 3 ODIs v England are the most pointless s**t

Yup ...strange that they tag on these ODI's after the T20 world cup . I would much prefer a test against Afghan to prepare for summer tests...or get the p[layers back into the shield

Maybe with all the unrest in Afghan CA have refused to play them

3 odi's v Zimbabwe - previously cancelled because of Covid
3 odi's v New Zealand - previously cancelled because of Covid

2 T20I's v West Indies
3 T20I's v England

*All of the above in Townsville, Cairns, Gold Coast, Brisbane & Canberra

T20 World Cup

3 odi's v England

2 tests v West Indies (Perth, Adelaide D/N)
3 tests v South Africa (Bris, Melb, Syd)

3 odi's v South Africa

Not quite sure we'll field a full strength side in any of the odi's with the priority being the T20 world cup and tests.

I'd imagine the T20 world cup and the tests will be the only free to air TV games.

Is Afghanistan gonna play a test here anytime soon as they cancelled the last 2 summers ?

I'm guessing the Afghanistan test in India isn't going ahead after the Sri Lanka series - haven't heard anything about it, besides the home summer starts on August 28.

Cool, less than three months until the opening ODI against Zimbabwe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 odi's v Zimbabwe - previously cancelled because of Covid
3 odi's v New Zealand - previously cancelled because of Covid

2 T20I's v West Indies
3 T20I's v England

*All of the above in Townsville, Cairns, Gold Coast, Brisbane & Canberra

T20 World Cup

3 odi's v England

2 tests v West Indies (Perth, Adelaide D/N)
3 tests v South Africa (Bris, Melb, Syd)

3 odi's v South Africa

Not quite sure we'll field a full strength side in any of the odi's with the priority being the T20 world cup and tests.

I'd imagine the T20 world cup and the tests will be the only free to air TV games.

Is Afghanistan gonna play a test here anytime soon as they cancelled the last 2 summers ?

I'm guessing the Afghanistan test in India isn't going ahead after the Sri Lanka series - haven't heard anything about it, besides the home summer starts on August 28.
I'd like to meet the guy who thinks that having white ball cricket behind a paywall going up against the footy finals is going to help with the next broadcast deal.

I'd like to meet the guy who thinks that having white ball cricket behind a paywall going up against the footy finals is going to help with the next broadcast deal.
Half of one dead rubber ODI against Zimbabwe is going up against a footy final. The series against NZ in September will obviously rate very well.

Effectively one and a bit months of Test cricket and four months of white ball cricket (one of which is the T20 WC). That’s going to get pretty flat pretty quickly I think

has anyone here been to a sporting fixture at Riverway Stadium in Townsville Stadium before?

how far is it away from North Queensland Cowboys home ground? im assuming they are 2 different stadiums

Riverway Stadium is about 20-25 minutes away from the Cowboys stadium. It is in Thuringowa. Nice grandstand which is the best place to sit, but also grass mounds around the rest of the venue and some mature trees to provide some shade.

I see that whole "Perth can't have the first test because starting at the Gabba is a sacred tradition" thing has gone out the window pretty quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back