Review 2022 Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

God I hope we are playing funny buggers with Dawson.

Give me Ethan Phillips from Port Melbourne over him any day of the week. Far better kick, far better interceptor and higher footy IQ.
ethan phillips? i loved him on Star Trek Voyager

Just got a missed call from the club, obviously they are seeking my input re draft,
It's the new way of raising money and draft selection. People cough up a pineapple to snag a lottery type number. Once all of the "numbers" have been sold, the club draws out a winner, and the winner gets to select a player from the draft using the correct procedure. That being, blindfolded, spun three times and then throw a fabulously feathered dart at a board with 185 potential players pics on it. Makes sense to me :cool:

It's the new way of raising money and draft selection. People cough up a pineapple to snag a lottery type number. Once all of the "numbers" have been sold, the club draws out a winner, and the winner gets to select a player from the draft using the correct procedure. That being, blindfolded, spun three times and then throw a fabulously feathered dart at a board with 185 potential players pics on it. Makes sense to me :cool:
They were going to have a mascot called Luffa Duck, but he quit for some reason.

Herald Sun phantom had us taking Massimo and Reinhold.
Interested Peeping Tom GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. North Melbourne – Massimo D’Ambrosio (Western Jets/Richmond VFL)

Defender, 178cm, 80kg

Dan says: The word is that North Melbourne is after a key defender, and that is certainly a need, but they are also crying out for elite ball-users, with Aaron Hall’s injury exposing this even more. D’Ambrosio is a unique prospect in this intake as the best distributor available and has impressed in the NAB League, in the Young Guns representative game and at VFL level for Richmond, where he tallied 25 disposals in the Dreamtime at the ’G curtain raiser. He suffered a shoulder injury in his last match for the Tigers, but he is still worthy of an early selection in the draft.

17. North Melbourne – Will Reinhold (Port Melbourne)

Defender, 194cm

Chris says: The Kangaroos have conceded 100 points or more seven times this season and could do with some added strength in defence. A former GWS Giants Academy member, Reinhold has impressed at VFL level for the Borough this season, averaging 10.9 disposals and 3.8 marks. He also happens to be the cousin of Brisbane key forward Joe Daniher.

2. North Melbourne – Massimo D’Ambrosio (Western Jets/Richmond VFL)

Defender, 178cm, 80kg

Dan says: The word is that North Melbourne is after a key defender, and that is certainly a need, but they are also crying out for elite ball-users, with Aaron Hall’s injury exposing this even more. D’Ambrosio is a unique prospect in this intake as the best distributor available and has impressed in the NAB League, in the Young Guns representative game and at VFL level for Richmond, where he tallied 25 disposals in the Dreamtime at the ’G curtain raiser. He suffered a shoulder injury in his last match for the Tigers, but he is still worthy of an early selection in the draft.

17. North Melbourne – Will Reinhold (Port Melbourne)

Defender, 194cm

Chris says: The Kangaroos have conceded 100 points or more seven times this season and could do with some added strength in defence. A former GWS Giants Academy member, Reinhold has impressed at VFL level for the Borough this season, averaging 10.9 disposals and 3.8 marks. He also happens to be the cousin of Brisbane key forward Joe Daniher.

I don’t mind Reinhold. But I think Ethan Phillips is the best key defender at Port.

North Melbourne (pick No.2), Essendon (No.3) and Adelaide (No.4) had been among the clubs interested, with the Bombers attempting to have Culley play for their VFL side last week, but will turn their attention to other targets, with the Kangaroos linked to Williamstown key defender Kallan Dawson.

North could look at small forward Zane Williams with its second selection, while defender Mutaz El Nour has been linked as a potential option for the Crows and Cats as well.

Imagine being a young key foward in any of the state comps, you get drafted to North in the MSD and your first task as a north foward is in Darwin, of a night, with our elite foward 50 entries. You would actually want to go back to Peel Thunder or wherever you came from after that.
How good, debuting 1 week in. Not everyone is a cynic

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back