Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Question for the wise and gear happy (ping MinerBoy lol)
Those Nike AeroSwift Half Tights?
Worth getting? Overkill? Only for those with the right figure?

Just wore through a few pairs of shorts and need to get some new stuff, I normally wear the 2xu half tights under my shorts anyway so wonder if it was worth cutting out the middle man and just getting the better more stand alone half tights.. Also aware that likely no bunching around the crotch moving forward so might be good!

Question for the wise and gear happy (ping MinerBoy lol)
Those Nike AeroSwift Half Tights?
Worth getting? Overkill? Only for those with the right figure?

Just wore through a few pairs of shorts and need to get some new stuff, I normally wear the 2xu half tights under my shorts anyway so wonder if it was worth cutting out the middle man and just getting the better more stand alone half tights.. Also aware that likely no bunching around the crotch moving forward so might be good!
I have one pair in the Kenyan Olympic design. I really like them, especially if I want to do something fast like a speed session or parkrun. Super comfy and unlike compression shorts they don't squeeze my abdomen which I find uncomfortable.

I think the new release also have some sort of pocket now. Not sure what size but I think at least enough for a gel or 2 if you're doing a half or something in them.

Anyway short version = I don't wear them often but they really are comfy and I will get a few more pairs at some point.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Had my second bout of covid last week and went for my first run this morning after coming out of iso yesterday. It was an absolute slog, can't wait until the energy levels return.

Had my second bout of covid last week and went for my first run this morning after coming out of iso yesterday. It was an absolute slog, can't wait until the energy levels return.
Touch wood... I'm yet to have my first bout

And hopefully that continues!

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Aeroswift tights are great. Best feeling tights I’ve had. But please, tights don’t go under shorts. One or the other.

About to retire my invincibles for something else. Reckon they’ve ruined me a bit. Made me ‘need’ max cushion. They’re getting sloppy though. No good for anything over an hour. Are the 1080v12 softer then the v10? Or about the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aeroswift tights are great. Best feeling tights I’ve had. But please, tights don’t go under shorts. One or the other.

About to retire my invincibles for something else. Reckon they’ve ruined me a bit. Made me ‘need’ max cushion. They’re getting sloppy though. No good for anything over an hour. Are the 1080v12 softer then the v10? Or about the same?

I reckon they are a little bit softer but not a lot in it.
Funny enough I'm thinking of retiring mine as well, went for a long run today in them and they just don't give me anything back now over distance I don't think, loose that softness and bounce and it becomes more of a grind

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

I reckon they are a little bit softer but not a lot in it.
Funny enough I'm thinking of retiring mine as well, went for a long run today in them and they just don't give me anything back now over distance I don't think, loose that softness and bounce and it becomes more of a grind

How many km did you both get from them?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm just shy of 500 in them

I’ve had two pairs go around 600km… into my third pair now. It’s actually my new pair that have me wanting to change it up. I think I want to ‘feel the ground’ again

Interesting, I’ve got a pair a touch under 600 as we speak and still feel like they’ve got more to give, they’re not bottoming out yet.

Interesting, I’ve got a pair a touch under 600 as we speak and still feel like they’ve got more to give, they’re not bottoming out yet.
There is every chance they are fine for me still and I just enjoy my tempos more for long runs.

Or am just trying to justify getting more to myself haha

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics

Yeah they’ve got heaps more left in them. I think I’m just over the max cushioned feel atm. They still have heaps of spring but still feel sloppy towards the end of long runs. Just got a new pair of NB More, hope the rockered sole makes me happier

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Wore the More v3 today. Man, what a difference it was to the invincible over 21k or so. Felt like I could lock on to a good rhythm way easier, no sloppiness at the end, a few hours after Im feeling way better than before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wore the More v3 today. Man, what a difference it was to the invincible over 21k or so. Felt like I could lock on to a good rhythm way easier, no sloppiness at the end, a few hours after Im feeling way better than before.

I did 25k yesterday in the Invincibles and I reckon it once I got towards 20k I just noticed I wasn't getting any assistance from the shoe I think... Where a fortnight ago I did 24 in my tempo next %s and I reckon that nylon plate or structure of that show helps keep the legs ticking over which I enjoyed more..

Glad to experiment and work it out though

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I did the 100km strava challenge in May, ended up doing 120kms, knocked out 70kms in the first two weeks.

Went for my first run since end of May yesterday and did 5kms at 5.02m per km - prior to May i was struggling around the 5m15s per km if i ran well but normally around 5m20s-5m30s - so its got me back to almost 5m kms (which used to be a 'bad' run 10 years ago)

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I did the 100km strava challenge in May, ended up doing 120kms, knocked out 70kms in the first two weeks.

Went for my first run since end of May yesterday and did 5kms at 5.02m per km - prior to May i was struggling around the 5m15s per km if i ran well but normally around 5m20s-5m30s - so its got me back to almost 5m kms (which used to be a 'bad' run 10 years ago)

Next up, 200km challenge in June?

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Next up, 200km challenge in June?

dont think i could do that, too far for me. Ill do the 100km again later in the year to get in decent shape over christmas (last few years ive been in great shape in winter and not so great over christmas when at the beach 🤣)

Might look at doing a bike riding one in spring - not sure what kms challenges they have for that, id look at 500km maybe - little over 100kms a week, seems reasonably gettable

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
dont think i could do that, too far for me. Ill do the 100km again later in the year to get in decent shape over christmas (last few years ive been in great shape in winter and not so great over christmas when at the beach 🤣)

Might look at doing a bike riding one in spring - not sure what kms challenges they have for that, id look at 500km maybe - little over 100kms a week, seems reasonably gettable

Have you thought about entering an event? Melbourne Marathon is October which keeps you motivated to get out through winter, then you're only 6-8 weeks from beach weather which keeps you going

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Have you thought about entering an event? Melbourne Marathon is October which keeps you motivated to get out through winter, then you're only 6-8 weeks from beach weather which keeps you going

im not long distance - 10kms if im lucky. im more a 5km guy. Got a mate looking at doing the half marathon and he wants me to go with him but i just dont have the mentality for long runs.

There's a 5 / 10 / 21.1 and 42.2 option for your perusal, plus as a footy fan finishing on the MCG is fun.
10k at Melbourne in 2018 legit changed my life, was about 20+ kg heavier... Had a friends wife enter it, someone who has never been into anything fitness, and it gave me a kick up the arse into thinking if she can do it then surely I can.
Trained, got fitter, really enjoyed race day.. Even though immediately when crossing the finish line I thought I'm never doing that again haha..
Haven't stopped since, and after 2 covid year false starts.... doing the full marathon and therefore my first marathon this year
:raisedhands:

Aug 9, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Just got a new pair of Skechers Go Run Ride 8 hyper, went for a 20km this morning and I'm comparison to my New Balance Fresh Foam tempos they stack up, a little roomier in the toes which I like, and not as stiff a heel (NBs have a reinforced hard plastic at the back, looks nice but meh).

But really not that much difference, Skechers a little cushier, but the NBs have 350km info them, might grab a pair of Skechers Razer's next

Just quietly... The more I run in my NB1080 v12s the more I like them, just really really enjoying them and reckon I'll tick off marathon training long runs in them a bit as well.

Going to still get myself some super shoes though for the marathon, want to treat myself and go see Moose at the Running Company with an open mind and find what works/feels best for me

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Just got a new pair of Skechers Go Run Ride 8 hyper, went for a 20km this morning and I'm comparison to my New Balance Fresh Foam tempos they stack up, a little roomier in the toes which I like, and not as stiff a heel (NBs have a reinforced hard plastic at the back, looks nice but meh).

But really not that much difference, Skechers a little cushier, but the NBs have 350km info them, might grab a pair of Skechers Razer's next

I've read a lot of good things about the Sketchers range, apparently their foams are pretty great. Puma also getting nice reviews for their recent stuff too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back