Play Nice 2022 AFL/AFLW Crowds/TV Ratings/Stream thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s actually really good in the circumstances - well done Richmond fans!
Not really. It’s pretty ordinary, below what most Tigers probably thought tonight (~25-26,000). Leaves you to wonder about the scheduling of Thursdsy night games in Melbourne in June / July outside school holidays. I know the TV $$’s will offset the poor crowds, it still highlights fact this is clearly TV at the expense of maximising attendances. It is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am just thankful that it is not in tassie this year.

Though the "should North move to Tassie" articles next week will get tiresome.
Yes they can't really complain about the 3500 Hobart got to the same fixture last year when Melbourne can't get a crowd to it.

That’s not too good. There’s no way to spin that crowd, even allowing for Thursdsy night etc. basically a dry evening, not too cold for this time of year. Every team has a few bad crowds a year that are just poor. Last week it was the Demons, tonight the Tigers.
It's been raining in the east all day and week, and it's the coldest start to June in 40 years after people have been conditioned into not going for 2 winters.

I keep seeing complaints about time slots, being the excuse for low crowds.

Can someone please list the good vs bad time slots?

Because as a Western Australian I don’t care what timeslot it is. I will attend.

I keep seeing complaints about time slots, being the excuse for low crowds.

Can someone please list the good vs bad time slots?

Because as a Western Australian I don’t care what timeslot it is. I will attend.
I don't necessarily agree with this but the only timeslots people seem not to regularly complain about are Saturday afternoon 1:45/2:10 and Saturday night 7:20.

That’s not too good. There’s no way to spin that crowd, even allowing for Thursdsy night etc. basically a dry evening, not too cold for this time of year. Every team has a few bad crowds a year that are just poor. Last week it was the Demons, tonight the Tigers.
Come on - a freezing cold weekday night playing an interstate team I think is a very good crowd.And it did look more on TV!

Interesting the RL SOO TV ratings last night were down this year!

1,771,000 tuned in to the match, which was down on last year’s State of Origin Game One viewership of 1,911,000.

I don't necessarily agree with this but the only timeslots people seem not to regularly complain about are Saturday afternoon 1:45/2:10 and Saturday night 7:20.

Late Saturday afternoon 3pm, Saturday night 7.10pm and 1.10pm Sunday are my preferred to attend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back