Game Day Round 13, 2022: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 June 2022, 4.10pm AEST Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be interested to see if Sam gets us playing a more defensive style today, or if we aim to just live by the sword.
Don't see much point playing more defensive. Just limits our own scoring and eventually they will break through and bury us and make the scoreline real ugly. I think our best hope is to shock them by playing fast, direct, attacking footy and hope that we're on target in front of goals. Get an early lead, shut the crowd up and hope they don't manage to wrestle back control.

Hoping to see a competitive effort from the midfield for 4 quarters. Newk was sensational in the second half and we need some other guys to take hold of the game and damage the opposition.

Hartigan and Sic as key backs with Frost starting forward for mine. CJ, Dimma, Scrim, Day and Bramble providing plenty of attack from D50.

This will be a good test.

Bit apprehensive about this one. Freo are good, we're missing our two best forwards, our last road trip was dire and we have the bye next week. A few red flags, so i'm just hoping we put in a solid effort.

Love to see jai try drag his opponent forward and kick a couple
From what I have seen Jai is actually pretty good above his head.

Wouldn't mind seeing how he goes one of those newfangled hybrid midfield / forwards (ala Dusty and Petracca)

Problem is of course our midfield is so weak we need him there 100% of the time but down the track I think he could excel in that hybrid role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit apprehensive about this one. Freo are good, we're missing our two best forwards, our last road trip was dire and we have the bye next week. A few red flags, so i'm just hoping we put in a solid effort.

Suspect we will either sneak in a close win OR get absolutely belted..!
I couldn't resist the odds and have a few shekels on Hawks by 40+, but realistically for us to win by 7 goals we will need to probably kick 20 - wishful thinking but Freo are well overdue a stinker, so who knows....

Apropos of nothing, I dreamed we lost to North last night..then immediately woke up.

Took me about three to four seconds to realise it wasn't a memory, it was just a dream, because we were really playing Freo today. I guess I should have guessed something wasn't quite right because their ruckman was a seven foot tall rabbit called Harvey.*

Anyways...it's an omen, I tells ya!

Hawks by 16!

*ok, the Harvey bit is not strictly true
If you said the rabbit's name was Stephen it'd be more believable!

Time for Callow to show what he is capable of given the opportunity. I think Frost/CJ will play forward at different times with Hartigan and Sicily at back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back